Can we get Gagné?

habsfan_69

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see Clarke trading Gagne, if he does trade Gagne then I cannot see Clarke trading him within the conference. Gagne is the type of player who can come back and haunt your team for years (Remember when we traded LeClair to Philly? of course you do).

Sure I'd love to have him though.

I hope not, I've always felt he was over-rated. He's only had one season where he scored more than 60 points. In terms of goal scoring, I don't think he's any better than Zednik, who many think isn't a 1st line talent.

If the Habs want to bring in a local guy to be a star, Vinny Lecavalier is the man. He's blossoming into the star Tampa drafted, and is a guy who because of Tampa's success, is a guy who evenaverage fans know. This is the French Canadian star the Habs need.

Looking at Philly's numbers it will be a very tight squeeze to get their RFA's signed and be under the cap maybe Bob can make Clarkie an offer he cant refuse to get him here he would bolster our 2nd line. I just think our 2nd line lacks forechecking and gange is a great forechecker. Dagenais is not my cup of tea i want him out!!

:o

That's reported by RDS that although they traded roenick, the flyers have put Gagné on the Block because they cannot re-sign him... they have some very important RFA to put under contract and Gagné is the one leaving...

:ghg:

Forget it guys, don't ever mention Dags in a "proposal" Dags wouldn't find a taker for free... let alone in a trade...

Looking at the Pronger deal, it has to be similar on a lower scale... cross your fingers and hope that Clarke loves Plekanec and Hainsey or something like that...

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I hope not, I've always felt he was over-rated.  He's only had one season where he scored more than 60 points.  In terms of goal scoring, I don't think he's any better than Zednik, who many think isn't a 1st line talent.  

If the Habs want to bring in a local guy to be a star, Vinny Lecavalier is the man.  He's blossoming into the star Tampa drafted, and is a guy who because of Tampa's success, is a guy who evenaverage fans know.  This is the French Canadian star the Habs need.

why look at the offense production alone??? Gagné has always been on team Canada... Gagné is one of the best two way player in the league, he didn't score the last years cause Hitchcock was using him in an overly defensive role... put saku on our third and ask him to play only defensively... and look at his stats after...

Gagné on our 2nd would simply be awesome!!!

If we can get Lecavalier next season... then :bow: The sainte flanelle is brought back to life... :king:

I still think he's over-rated, but if they want to bring in salary, I think it would be much better spent on D. I'm not sold on Boullion, Streit, or Hainsey being top 6 guys. I think Hainsey deserves a last chance, but I'd rather have a proven guy in there.

I am in the minority here, but I would like to see what Dags does in camp before writing him off. Before the lockout, he seemed very dedicated to improving his game. I mean, he was a 25 year old pro going to rookie camp, just so he could work out with the coaches. I liked that dedication.

well, they're going to have to figure out a way to get rid of a Dman if they pull a trade. Hainsey is quasi-tradable because he still has "upside" value. Rivet's salary precludes trade. I dont see Bouillon going anywhere, and i still think he is the ultimate #7 man (he is in this respect the Tim Wakefield of hockey, Wakefield being the perfect 5th starter for the red sox). It would feel weird to trade streit after luring him from Suisse... but you never know.

Originally posted by habsfan_69

Dags is big but hes soft and he doesnt play D all hes got is a shot. He can only play with Ribs and hes not a team guy get him out quick!!!!

I'll have to post a Dagenais to Toronto rumour in their forum. Maybe the leafs could give us a few Blue Jay tickets for him.

PMK, I don't see a reason to like Dags beside watching him practicing his shot... you can look at the guy and say wow, such a big guy with such a great shot... imagine if he could play hockey... :-^

I really wonder why we re-signed him... maybe BG wasn't 100% sure that Higgs would do the job... but mark my words, he's not returning next season... the only guy in the league who got a 1year season besides Brian Leetch...

Originally posted by alexstream

PMK, I don't see a reason to like Dags beside watching him practicing his shot... you can look at the guy and say wow, such a big guy with such a great shot... imagine if he could play hockey... :-^

I really wonder why we re-signed him... maybe BG wasn't 100% sure that Higgs would do the job... but mark my words, he's not returning next season... the only guy in the league who got a 1year season besides Brian Leetch...

I don't know why he was signed either. I think the guy sucks and well we have talked about this before but I think Ribs needs to go as well.

Ribs and Dags for Gagne would make all this excitement even better.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I am in the minority here, but I would like to see what Dags does in camp before writing him off.  Before the lockout, he seemed very dedicated to improving his game.  I mean, he was a 25 year old pro going to rookie camp, just so he could work out with the coaches.  I liked that dedication.

Hear Hear!

He scores goals. I don't care if he's a snaggle-toothed, drooling idiot who can't even spell 'defence' (or is it 'defense'?) if he can put the puck in the net he's woth more than a figure skater. And YES, Dagenais voluntarily attended the rookies' practice camps after last season, to do skating drills, while the other players were out on the golf course -- got to like that from a player on your team! I say let him start and see if he can smack some pucks into the net.

Nothing against Gagne, that could be nice too.

Don't overestimate Dags willingness to improve... it's simply do or die for him...

If he had gone for the drills etc if he didn't do extra practice, he'd be in the ECHL as we're talking...

His sole and only talent is his wicked shot...

he is "dedicated" only because he has homeworks to do, only because otherwise he wouldn't make it...

The day Dags will make my lineup, he'll skate like Oleg Petrov and hit like Steve Begin... untill then, I'm glad he has a two way contract, he'll provide good offense in hamilton :king:

I'd like it if the Habs could get Gagne, but for cap reasons I doubt it will happen. Sure he had a bad season a couple of seasons ago, but he was a great player for the world cup team last fall, and is still pretty young.