Nov. 26, Bruins vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Well there is a coach available who studied sport psychology and is very familiar with the city of Montreal. Maybe they will listen to him?

Maybe. Or maybe not.

If I were Bergevin, I’d really want to know what the hell is going on. I’d want to talk to the players (without Julien) to get their perspective, too. And to each of the assistants, one on one. And Julien, too, of course.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Maybe. Or maybe not.

If I were Bergevin, I’d really want to know what the hell is going on. I’d want to talk to the players (without Julien) to get their perspective, too. And to each of the assistants, one on one. And Julien, too, of course.

I was just kidding about Babcock.  I think he will take a break for a while,  did the Toronto media ever throw him under the bus after he got fired.  Definitely the last 2 games are cause for concern, not panic time but cause for concern. Is there a flu bug going around the dressing room?

20 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

It just looks like these guys have quit on all the coach's. They're not playing any type of system out on the ice and look lost. I have never seen anything like this from this team before. 

From Arpon Basu’s outstanding article in the Athletic today:

The Canadiens’ system is taxing and is difficult to play efficiently when the schedule gets squeezed a bit. It was at the quarter point of last season that we first saw it, and it has happened again at the quarter mark this season.”t

(Sorry about the formatting). But Arpon accurately analyzed this as a repeat of last November’s collapse, when Armia andByron were injured.

52 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

The Canadiens’ system is taxing and is difficult to play efficiently when the schedule gets squeezed a bit. It was at the quarter point of last season that we first saw it, and it has happened again at the quarter mark this season.”t

(Sorry about the formatting). But Arpon accurately analyzed this as a repeat of last November’s collapse, when Armia andByron were injured.

Good point.. Bizarrely, it's almost as if Byron is the secret key...

My view is that injuries to Byron/Armia or Byron/Drouin cannot rationally explain an 0-5 streak marked with catastrophic losses. None of those guys is that important, or at least, they shouldn't be.

And this group, which has accomplished absolutely nothing, does not get to quit on a well-regarded, Cup-winning coach after less than three years.

I have been banging on about the chasm at LD for a long time, and while you can't blame tonight's blowout on that huge roster hole per se, it certainly doesn't help. Consider Arpon's view if the Habs's system as 'taxing.' Maybe it is, but it's *less* taxing if you're not asking #4-5 d-men to play #2 minutes.The D has been a mess quite often this season and sheer lack of talent is a big part of that. Of course, many posters on this site took a 'see no evil' approach as MB has sat on his hands doing nothing about that void, over and over. 😒

If this skid shifts the narrative away from 'oh, let's celebrate missing the playoffs because we will somehow be guaranteed to contend in three years' toward a narrative that demands that MB actually improve the damned team, it'll be worth it.

9 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Like I have been saying when ever we get injuries we go on a slide. It's because we don't have the depth on the team.

This is the problem, CJ is a good coach, his system is very taxing to play, its almost the same as MT, When CJ was successful in Boston, what type of players were successful. Big, physical, hard nosed players that played in all 3 zones. 

Then MB gives him the exact opposite of those kinds of players. they are small, soft, perimeter players who pass up physical play every chance they get. I believe they lead the league in stick penalties. That is just pure lazy. 

The defense are not mobile as a group, 

I agree that overreacting is a mistake, but what constitutes overreacting?

Arguing, as blowhards are on H I/O, that we need to "tear it all down" - tear down one of the youngest teams in the league! - that's overreaction. So is demanding that we fire the coach, trade core guys, etc..

At the same time, going 0-5 is disconcerting, and losing 8-1 to the Boston f**king Bruins should always, always, always be unacceptable to the Montreal Canadiens.

Take this as an invitation to become more serious about the weaknesses of the current team. This whole "we'll be good in three years" stuff has to stop. A bubble team is not good enough. Period.

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree that overreacting is a mistake, but what constitutes overreacting?

Arguing, as blowhards are on H I/O, that we need to "tear it all down" - tear down one of the youngest teams in the league! - that's overreaction. So is demanding that we fire the coach, trade core guys, etc..

At the same time, going 0-5 is disconcerting, and losing 8-1 to the Boston f**king Bruins should always, always, always be unacceptable to the Montreal Canadiens.

Take this as an invitation to become more serious about the weaknesses of the current team. This whole "we'll be good in three years" stuff has to stop. A bubble team is not good enough. Period.

You do nothing right now. 

You can make a trade later on, but not today or this weak. 

Dealing from a position of weakness is a sure way to overpay.  The price of making a trade has gone up if you are the Habs, as every team in the league knows what happened in the last two games.  If you are asking for a defenceman right now... be prepared to pay through the nose. 

Thats why you let things settle down. 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Dealing from a position of weakness is a sure way to overpay.  The price of making a trade has gone up if you are the Habs, as every team in the league knows what happened in the last two games.  If you are asking for a defenceman right now... be prepared to pay through the nose. 

How long ?

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Oh, indeed. I would not do anything at this specific moment. My point is a wider one. MB has had two years to add a LD. He has not. He rolled into year three with no LD and as far as we can see intends to wait *at least* until the deadline...and don't be surprised if he fails to add one then, explaining that it's "tough" to do and that the price was "too high."

What really drives me crazy is how fans have enabled this pattern of inaction. "Just wait three years..."

It's complete bullsh*t. The fact that you are now telling us that we can't do anything, because we'd be working from a position of weakness, is an indictment of this ridiculous passivity about addressing huge roster holes in the first place.

This team had better make the playoffs. And if it doesn't, we'd better see MB hanging by his suspenders from the rafters.

52 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

How long ?

Things are likely to get better in a week or two, thats sports. 

This team isn't a team thats going to lose every game as an 0-3-2 record suggests, no more than it was a record setting team that a 7-1-2 record before that suggested. 

Its more likely the sum of those parts, a 7-4-4 team in its last 15 games. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Things are likely to get better in a week or two, thats sports. 

This team isn't a team thats going to lose every game as an 0-3-2 record suggests, no more than it was a record setting team that a 7-1-2 record before that suggested. 

Its more likely the sum of those parts, a 7-4-4 team in its last 15 games. 

I think they will rebound against the Devils on Thursday. 

Setting themselves up to be hungry over the weekend. It’s the way it goes, that’s not to say a move shouldn’t be made because it does. 

1 minute ago, Scott462 said:

I think they will rebound against the Devils on Thursday. 

Setting themselves up to be hungry over the weekend. It’s the way it goes, that’s not to say a move shouldn’t be made because it does. 

Every team can be improved. Every team needs moves.  There is no perfect team in the cap era. 

You search for moves, and then you make the one that makes sense. 

You don't force a move cause of a losing streak.  Desperation is how you lose the deal. 

Two different things. 

Just now, Commandant said:

Every team can be improved. Every team needs moves.  There is no perfect team in the cap era. 

You search for moves, and then you make the one that makes sense. 

You don't force a move cause of a losing streak.  Desperation is how you lose the deal. 

Two different things. 

I completely agree.

I think a move should be made though at the right time if this team is going to try and make the playoffs because they clearly need help on D.