Game #25 Devils vs Habs 7:30 Nov 28 2019

DON

Well this is pretty much a must win.

If they don't come to play tonight, the only thing I can think is that they're trying to send a message regarding how they feel about the coach.

Maybe I'm too optimistic but I think they stop the skid tonight against a team they shoud beat.

That's two goals on two two-on-one breaks. But I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect Price to stop at least one of those. Especially on the second one, it seemed as if Price was unaware of Zajac driving for the net.

9 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

True but the forwards are just not helping at all.

The defensive breakdowns are just terrible.

First rule of defending a 2 on 1, goalie takes the shooter and D man takes the pass.... both 2 on 1s, the Habs D screwed that up.

The Zajac goal was particularly egregious as Reilly took the man all the way to the boards and left Zajac wide open in front. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

First rule of defending a 2 on 1, goalie takes the shooter and D man takes the pass.... both 2 on 1s, the Habs D screwed that up.

The Zajac goal was particularly egregious as Reilly took the man all the way to the boards and left Zajac wide open in front. 

No doubt about it Weber played that 2-1 in the worse way.

Still the forwards are just not covering and helping the defence that is causing the 2-1 in the first place.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

A lot of quantity shots, not sure about quality shots... Habs best scoring chances that period were complete whiffs by Gallagher and someone I can't remember. 

Well ... let's see how naturalstattrick.com rated the chances in the first period:

Devils: 3 scoring chances, 1 high-danger chance, 2 goals

Habs: 15 scoring chances, 5 high-danger chances, 0 goals

If we trust their stats at all, Habs should be leading this after the first period.

image.png

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

And we give up a breakaway.... 3-2

Price probably needs to stop that though.   Still can't give up a breakaway that easy too. 

This team is something else.

Price can’t get make the big saves right now but the team is just leaking prime scoring chances like candy. You figure something needs to happen soon with the coaching staff if this continues.