Kinkaid on waivers

JoeLassister

31 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

As per RDS.ca and TSN.ca

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-waive-keith-kinkaid-victor-mete-out-2-weeks-1.1406835

Primeau is probably coming up, no ?

I hope not.  He's not exactly playing well in Laval lately and if this losing streak keeps going, nothing like putting a 20-year-old in net and asking him to snap a 10-game losing streak in his NHL debut.  That could backfire in a whole lot of ways.

24 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

So what happen to habs should have more wins this year with kinkaid?

A couple of points:

1) That still could very well happen.  This is a very short-term assignment by all accounts (think a week or two just to get a few starts and get into a bit of a rhythm).

2) Why do you seem to derive so much enjoyment from anything that's negative?  Dare I ask who your realistic backup goalie preference was over the summer?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I hope not.  He's not exactly playing well in Laval lately and if this losing streak keeps going, nothing like putting a 20-year-old in net and asking him to snap a 10-game losing streak in his NHL debut.  That could backfire in a whole lot of ways.

A couple of points:

1) That still could very well happen.  This is a very short-term assignment by all accounts (think a week or two just to get a few starts and get into a bit of a rhythm).

2) Why do you seem to derive so much enjoyment from anything that's negative?  Dare I ask who your realistic backup goalie preference was over the summer?

To me its not the goaltending its the team in front. Like I said in an other post, You get what you pay for. You don't want NHL Proven guys and you want young guys, this is the product you get.

I don't, I just bring it back up For no reason.  I get ripped by people who think these are all great moves by Bergevin.....then they don't work out.  Its kinda of like I told you so. 

I am just tired of this floating in space that we seem to be doing over the last 6 years. I want a  cup, and I want us to be a team that is looked at as a top 5 team.

So if we're aren't rebuilding get our guys NHL talent to help them win.

If we're rebuilding then trade these guys go young and do it right. 

No more floating in space 

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Who for who?

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

If we're rebuilding then trade these guys go young and do it right

Trade what guys for whom exactly?

What is "right"?

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

If they are for real about trying for the playoffs,  then I want  a Jordan Bennington kind of spark.

From whoever it will come.

But now,  if the goal is to ride Price until Kinkaid gets some game action in the minors, fine.   But  Price is deep into a slump right now.

17 minutes ago, DON said:

Who for who?

Trade what guys for whom exactly?

What is "right"?

If you're going to rebuild, that means you're planning on being a lottery pick team over the next 4 years. So you don't need You high priced guys like weber and price and petry. Trade them get draft picks and young NHL ready prospects.

If you're just retooling that means you keep those guys but go out get them help. None of this do nothing approach that's been going on.

Get NHL Proven guys that are a good fit for CJ system. 

Do you want to float in space or do you want to reach mars? I for one want to reach mars.

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yes. I do hope it's Lindgren coming up. Not because I'm super confident in his abilities, but I would rather protect Primeau as we are hoping he is our future #1 ...

4 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

If they are for real about trying for the playoffs,  then I want  a Jordan Bennington kind of spark.

That's what this smells like...desperation to get red hot goaltending to stop the slide. 

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That's what this smells like...desperation to get red hot goaltending to stop the slide. 

From where? Neither Lindgren or Primeau has been hot recently, even in the AHL.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

To me its not the goaltending its the team in front. Like I said in an other post, You get what you pay for. You don't want NHL Proven guys and you want young guys, this is the product you get.

If we got what we paid for always then Price would have a .927 SV%, a .915 in high danger a GAA of under 3 and a couple shut outs and we would be fighting BOS for the division lead because of it while considering our team continues scoring the way it has. Instead, let's all blame it on the lack of a quality LD instead. 

Kincaid will definitely clear waivers and Primeau will come up and in the short term push Price to be F**%ing better and maybe light a fire under his A$$ because we paid for a superstar goalie that should be able to shut the %*&#ing door in a close 1-0 game in the 3rd to end a historical slide that could end our season before Christmas! Let's not kid ourselves.

Kincaid was suppose to be a huge upgrade and he hasnt delivered at all. This waive is just as much a shot at Price not being able to get the job done as it is Kincaid not delivering the goods when called upon.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I dont believe his play currently (last 5/7 games) is any indication of how he will perform in the NHL.  Hes been good far more this season then bad. 

Or he could get some beginners luck like Binnington and Hart (or to a more local and short term extent Condon and his great start to his NHL career.

8 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

If we got what we paid for always then Price would have a .927 SV%, a .915 in high danger a GAA of under 3 and a couple shut outs and we would be fighting BOS for the division lead because of it. Considering our offense continues the way it has. Instead, let's All blame it on the lack of a quality LD instead. 

Kincaid will definitly clear waivers and Primeau will come up and in the short term push Price to be F**%ing better and maybe light a fire under his A$$ because we paid for a superstar goalie that should be able to shut the %*&#ing door in a close 1-0 game in the 3rd to end a historical slide that could end our season before Christmas! Let's not kid ourselves.

Kincaid was suppose to be a huge upgrade and he hasnt delivered at all. This waive is just as much a shot at Price not being able to get the job done as it is Kincaid not delivering the goods when called upon

Theirs only so much someone can do when it comes to turn over, breakaways, 2 on 1's, and being unable to clear the puck from the front of the net. Are some of the goals on our goaltending yes, but not all over them.  If Price makes 3 saves but they score on the 4 shot because his team cant clear the zone is that on him?

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

Theirs only so much someone can do when it comes to turn over, breakaways, 2 on 1's, and being unable to clear the puck from the front of the net. Are some of the goals on our goaltending yes, but not all over them.  If Price makes 3 saves but they score on the 4 shot because his team cant clear the zone is that on him?

Stop with the excuses. Price deserves this criticism as much as he deserves his accolades when playing up to standard. The fact is our goaltending has not been up to task period! It is just as much to blame as the missing LD your crying about. In fact, it's more to blame because we are so heavily invested in it.

Of course it's NOT all on Price or Kincaid! What I'm saying is he's reason #1 of many reasons why we are in a slide.

And btw, the team played a good road game in BOS yesterday.

The difference or turning point to me was Rask holding Gallagher on the breakaway to make it 2-0 and Pasta scoring on Price the other way to tie it up 1-1 early in the 3rd...

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Stop with the excuses. Price deserves this criticism as much as he deserves his accolades when playing up to standard. The fact is our goaltending has not been up to task period! It is just as much to blame as the missing LD your crying about. In fact, it's more to blame because we are so heavily invested in it.

Of course it's NOT all on Price or Kincaid! What I'm saying is he's reason #1 of many reasons why we are in a slide.

And btw, the team played a good road game in BOS yesterday.

The difference or turning point to me was Rask holding Gallagher on the breakaway to make it 2-0 and Pasta scoring on Price the other way to tie it up 1-1 early in the 3rd...

How did DP get that scoring chance? The D let him walk in by being too soft on him.

Do you think old school coaching system/style like a CJ are still relevant in today's NHL? A lot of old school coach's system's just don't seem to be working lately. 

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

How did DP get that scoring chance? The D let him walk in by being too soft on him.

Do you think old school coaching system/style like a CJ are still relevant in today's NHL? A lot of old school coach's system's just don't seem to be working lately. 

That was Olofsson. Who had, at that point, played a grand total of about 10 minutes with the Habs.

And Julien's system was quite effective for the first 20 games this year, as well as most of last year, until it fell apart after Drouin's injury.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

If we're rebuilding then trade these guys go young and do it right. 

Do we have to do this in every thread?

We don't have enough straw to build strawmen in every thread. 

Do you have any other arguments instead of the binary?  we need to either

a) trade everyone over 25 for prospects

or

b) trade all the prospects for proven talent

You do realize that this isn't an either/or situation right?  That there are things that can be done and its not just those two options. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That was Olofsson. Who had, at that point, played a grand total of about 10 minutes with the Habs.

And Julien's system was quite effective for the first 20 games this year, as well as most of last year, until it fell apart after Drouin's injury. LIKE U SAID IT WOULD

I fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

From whoever it will come.

But now,  if the goal is to ride Price until Kinkaid gets some game action in the minors, fine.   But  Price is deep into a slump right now.

Right now, Lindgren is playing better than Primeau. 

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Fixed that for you.

He's won 1 of 6 starts with an .875% and a GAA above 4.

We dont have time to wait... as Carey said himself... we are in trying times at the moment!

We need help now!