Training Camp etc.

JLP

Hi all, I posted this elsewhere but it seemed to have got lost in the shuffle. Anyway I will be in Montreal first week of September, is does anyone know if the Habs training camp is open then, and is there any way to go and watch them practice?

Unfortunately that's the closest I'll get to the team all year...

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

Hi all, I posted this elsewhere but it seemed to have got lost in the shuffle. Anyway I will be in Montreal first week of September, is does anyone know if the Habs training camp is open then, and is there any way to go and watch them practice?

Unfortunately that's the closest I'll get to the team all year...

2 years ago (the last training camp) the first few weeks were open to the public (I know, I went). In Pierrefonds (suburb of Montreal). I have no clue whats going on this year, maybe you could try emailing someone at canadiens.com

Originally posted by puck7x

2 years ago (the last training camp) the first few weeks were open to the public (I know, I went). In Pierrefonds (suburb of Montreal). I have no clue whats going on this year, maybe you could try emailing someone at canadiens.com

Thanks Puck, I leave tomorrow for some time elsewhere and will end up in Mtl in mid Aug and again the first week of Sept. I see the preseason games start Sept 18 (in Atlanta) so I miss out on them.

I e-mailed canadiens.com with the query, I'll also check back here also because I'm sure some HW members will want to go and see the practices if any are open.:ghg:

This is probably not much help to you but I found on the Canadiens.com site the following page. If you click the link "2005-06 Canadiens schedule", it'll give you a file to open. This file includes the pre-season games which take place in September also.

Sorry I can't do that much better for you.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by shortcat1

This is probably not much help to you but I found on the Canadiens.com site the following page. If you click the link "2005-06 Canadiens schedule", it'll give you a file to open. This file includes the pre-season games which take place in September also.

Sorry I can't do that much better for you.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Yup thanks I found that file as well, I will miss the preseason games by a week and a half :(

So I'll try to get to a practice if that's an option. My uncle has season tickets so he may have an "in" on that sort of thing, we'll see.