CANADIENS @ PENGUINS, DEC 10, 19:00 ET

illWill

Galchenyuk still in the same spot of the lineup he was the last time Julien had his say with him 😮

5 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Galchenyuk still in the same spot of the lineup he was the last time Julien had his say with him 😮

Therrien ruined the poor kid!

2 hours ago, DON said:

Therrien ruined the poor kid!

Ha! Ha! 😂 

Karma is a 🐕 ! 

==================

Thought Therrien was in Pittsburgh and found that funny. Boy am I lost today!

Edited by alfredoh2009
wrong century...

2 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Chucky has had plenty of opportunities with other teams to prove Terrein and Habs Organization wrong. But he can’t , there’s nothing there! 

and I was a huge fan of him and wished him success with another team. 

Pretty sure don was being sarcastic. 

I have to admit that I was not a fan of the Domi trade at the time. I was convinced that it was only a matter of time before Galchenyuk broke out. Boy was I wrong and boy does that trade look good now. 

I  have to say, that Penguins lineup doesn't look so intimidating with Crosby out. Hopefully the boys can make it 2 in a row.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ha! Ha! 😂 

Karma is a 🐕 ! 

==================

Thout Therrien was in Pitsburg and found that funny. Boy am I lost today!

Yes, just goofing around; but,  I still think if a NHLer is going to be good...the onus is 99% on the player to perform, create offensive opportunities for himself and linemates when given the chance (a la Suzuki), or defend well if is a d-man.

21 minutes ago, sim.on said:

I have to admit that I was not a fan of the Domi trade at the time. I was convinced that it was only a matter of time before Galchenyuk broke out. Boy was I wrong and boy does that trade look good now. 

I  have to say, that Penguins lineup doesn't look so intimidating with Crosby out. Hopefully the boys can make it 2 in a row.

They are not as intimidating without Crosby but they are really playing well, have only lost 2 of their past 10 games. It will be a tough test for the Habs. 

32 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

They are not as intimidating without Crosby but they are really playing well, have only lost 2 of their past 10 games. It will be a tough test for the Habs. 

I noticed that some of their top scorers, such as Guentzel, McCann, Rust and Kahun all have pretty high shooting percentages so hopefully they're due for some regression.

14 minutes ago, sim.on said:

I noticed that some of their top scorers, such as Guentzel, McCann, Rust and Kahun all have pretty high shooting percentages so hopefully they're due for some regression.

And hopefully that regression starts tonight!!

Now, you all know that my job is to bring pessimism to the table. So let me say this: YES, Galy is a bust, and yes, the Habs spun straw into gold...or at least bronze...when we moved him for Domi. Great trade!

At the same time, remember that everyone was going on and on for three or four years about how Galy was this young star in the making, a Can't Miss Kid who was going to be a core player for us. In other words, they used EXACTLY the same type of language about Galy that they are now using for our prospect pool as a whole (even though that pool has few players as "blue chip" as Galchenyuk was supposed to be).

This is one of many examples that caution us that prospects often look better in theory than they turn out to be in practice. And that's why we should be careful about all this We're Guaranteed to be Great in Three Years stuff.

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That was a pretty boring period overall.  Price had no chance on the Guentzel goal and the Habs might have had one real offensive chance in the period.  Pittsburgh has been surprisingly strong defensively this year.

Jaques martin I would say. I liked his system defensively in Montreal. 

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Evidently, Pittsburgh's statisticians subscribe to the same idea of what a hit as Montreal's do.  There have officially been 85 hits in this game so far...

One reason I always prefer tsn is that they question these things. Instead of exploiting them like sn/cbc. Mike Johnson questions things like face offs hits giveaways +-. 

That didn't look good for Peca.  I wonder who the next call-up will be.  Will they go back to Hudon?  Poehling has been on the wing lately (with Evans moving up) so perhaps he's an option as well.  (McCarron, Belzile, and Varone are all hurt.)