SENATORS @ CANADIENS, DEC 11, 19:30 ET

illWill

12 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

I don't know why Kotkaniemi went home to train with his Dad. He should have stayed in Montreal, and set up a professional routine.

Yes, he put weight on, but he's slow this year. There needs to be balance in gains and losses. 

He was slow to start the season.  However, after his first trip to IR, we learned that he was trying to play through a groin injury.

I thought his speed was fine when he returned and he was playing much better.  Unfortunately he then got his concussion 

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

I don't know why Kotkaniemi went home to train with his Dad. He should have stayed in Montreal, and set up a professional routine.

Yes, he put weight on, but he's slow this year. There needs to be balance in gains and losses. 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=145634

Kinda hope he follows Barkov's development, who started out career a bit 'slowish' but now is coming off a 96pt season.

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

I think it's more of the fact team's now know him and have adjusted to his play.

The areas that were open to him last year aren't as open.

He now needs to adjust 

37 minutes ago, DON said:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=145634

Kinda hope he follows Barkov's development, who started out career a bit 'slowish' but now is coming off a 96pt season.

He's going to be a quality player, no question. 

The injuries could definitely be there reason he looked a step behind. I'd still like to see him get a full offseason of training with the Montreal trainers. 

Its definitely a tweener season for Kotkaniemi. He's trying to figure his playing style out. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

He was slow to start the season.  However, after his first trip to IR, we learned that he was trying to play through a groin injury.

It seems like we often have players trying to play through injuries - it looked like Byron was another (unless he is well and truly washed in the first year of his extension).  There's no reason for anybody, especially our youngest players, to do this at this point in the season. I hope it's not a part of our team culture that guys feel they have to do this.

9 hours ago, Neech said:

It seems like we often have players trying to play through injuries - it looked like Byron was another (unless he is well and truly washed in the first year of his extension).  There's no reason for anybody, especially our youngest players, to do this at this point in the season. I hope it's not a part of our team culture that guys feel they have to do this.

I doubt it is a team culture issue. Athletes in general do this. In all sports.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

All I care about is KK getting totally healthy. He's a good kid who will have a long NHL career.  I am sure the Habs will look after him properly. He's only 19.  

Ya i dunno, they dont seem to handle injuries to players better than any other team...do they?