Leafs land Lindros

DANFALCAO

It's a good deal for them really. He's coming at a bargain price, and if he stays healthy then there is no doubt he'll put up astounding numbers. It's a risk for sure, but a good risk.

It's not like he's sticking around forever. It's a one year deal.

I think the Leafs won't be that bad a team this year.

Lindros - Sundin - O'Neil

Tucker - Allison - Antropov/Ponikarovsky/Stajan/Another bargain UFA

That's not horrible.

Originally posted by ap79

Good that Lindros lands in Toronto... so we can finally see Komisarek put an end to the Big Cry Bab-E's career once and for all. :P

Thats exactly what I thought of when it was announced the leafs signed Lindros. Its what I've been dreaming of since we drafted Komisarek in 2001.

<b>Komisarek Hit list</b>

Thornton? Check...

Lindros? YOUR NEXT!

Originally posted by simonus

i like the idea of komisarek putting up the big hits, but i dont want him to be a hired gun putting a guy in paralysis. I dont like lindros but I dont want him in a wheelchair.

All he needs is one more concussion and he'll have to retire, unless he's an even bigger idiot than I think he is.

I like the idea of Komisarek giving big hits but it should only be used to boost up the team momentum. Never want him to injure a player badly.

Maybe cause a minor problem only in the playoffs, that's about it (i.e.: Like in last playoffs against Boston, I was wishing one good hit would slow Thornton down but not hurt him)..

I am also delighted to see the Laffs sign Lindros!

I am in Las Vegas right now (covering a kickboxing event), and happened to meet a couple of nice Leafs fans at the Big Elvis matinee this afternoon. We had a spirited but friendly debate on who will beat whom in the many Habs-Leafs meetings this year, and they were upbeat on their team's chances. Then I brought up the Lindros signing, which they hadn't heard about yet.

Boy did they start to squirm!

Lindros = Desperation

:ghg:

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I never root for players to intentionally injure another player. But when Komi gets a clean shot at Lindros, I won't be upset if it gives Lindros his last concussion.

As for my rivals, I wouldn't give a second care if some decapitated the Big Loogie (Bertuzzi) but aside from him, I never want to see a guy get intentionally injured.

As much as I would hate him to play on my team, I presume the Leaf's fans must go wild with this news. He might not crunch players as before but even at half the rate he is still an intimidating force.. and Leaf's fans and coaches love intimidation..they love the big players too, take their center with Lindros at 6'4 244, Sundin 6'5 230, Antropov 6'6 220, Allison 6'3 215, Kilger 6'4 220 and if the last two of them are not as physical as the first three they have Crazy Belak at 6'5 224 to make up for it...they love to know that O'Neil as some grit too and will join force with cheap shot Tucker and cheap shot Domi.

Leaf's fans must be extatic and I am convince ther anticipation of this year coming might be higher than the preceding one.

The risk of injuries in that team is way above average but so is their potentiel to induce injuries to others.

I am shure, the North-East teams are taking notice.

Originally posted by PB

As much as I would hate him to play on my team, I presume the Leaf's fans must go wild with this news. He might not crunch players as before but even at half the rate he is still an intimidating force.. and Leaf's fans and coaches love intimidation..they love the big players too, take their center with Lindros at 6'4 244, Sundin 6'5 230, Antropov 6'6 220, Allison 6'3 215, Kilger 6'4 220 and if the last two of them are not as physical as the first three they have Crazy Belak at 6'5 224 to make up for it...they love to know that O'Neil as some grit too and will join force with cheap shot Tucker and cheap shot Domi.

Leaf's fans must be extatic and I am convince ther anticipation of this year coming might be higher than the preceding one.

The risk of injuries in that team is way above average but so is their potentiel to induce injuries to others.

The question is: will size be as much a factor in the "NHL" (New Hockey League) than it was before? If not, the Leafs fans might curse their roster of big bodied dummies.

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by ap79]

Originally posted by ap79
Originally posted by PB

The question is: will size be as much a factor in the "NHL" (New Hockey League) than it was before? If not, the Leafs fans might curse their roster of big bodied dummies.

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by ap79]

Now that PB puts it that way, I'm sure there are more than a few fans in Leafville who are happy with the Lindros signing. That is a bunch of big boys!

But is it possible that Gainey has a plan as well -- namely to have the Habs play firewagon hockey, something like seen in the QMJHL?

I hope ap is right we will be better positioned under the new rules and with the anticipated faster and more offence-oriented style of play in the NewHL.

Or else we may get crunched when we play the Leafs. Are Vandermeer's brothers still available?

[Edited on 12-8-05 by JeanLucPilon]

Lindros will have an astounding season as will the Leafs...we will be hard-pressed to keep up with them but I think we can do it....

we can only hope that this is finally the year where we can have a Leafs-Habs playoff matchup...preferably in the conference final ( shoulda happened in 93 )

Originally posted by dahabs111

Lindros will have an astounding season as will the Leafs...we will be hard-pressed to keep up with them but I think we can do it....

we can only hope that this is finally the year where we can have a Leafs-Habs playoff matchup...preferably in the conference final ( shoulda happened in 93 )

The Lindros lover appears! How's it going? Glad to see you around again. Maybe I'll draft and trade him to you in SK4! Hehe.

Originally posted by jetsniper

As for my rivals, I wouldn't give a second care if some decapitated the Big Loogie (Bertuzzi) but aside from him, I never want to see a guy get intentionally injured.

Want some Moore cheese with that whine?