Leafs land Lindros

DANFALCAO

Originally posted by dahabs111

Lindros will have an astounding season as will the Leafs...we will be hard-pressed to keep up with them but I think we can do it....

we can only hope that this is finally the year where we can have a Leafs-Habs playoff matchup...preferably in the conference final ( shoulda happened in 93 )

I hope you're right for Lindros' sake. He's so close to really serious brain damage. By that I mean that he could become another Mohammed Ali. That would be sad.

As to the 1993 match-up, yes, that would have been some series. I'm glad that it didn't happen though because Montreal would have been creamed by the Leafs at that time. The Leafs 'owned' Montreal then and, if any Habs fan will be realistic and honest, Montreal didn't really deserved the cup that year. All of the teams that 'owned' Montreal that year were eliminated by other underdog teams (Buffalo, Islanders, Kings, etc). These underdog teams were so tired from having eliminated their opponents that, when Montreal came up against them, it wasn't really a serious series for them. The Habs took them out relatively quickly (except for the LA series which could have gone the other way).

In any case, I hope the best for Lindros. The worst case scenario would be personally tragic.

I agree with your assessment of the 93 Serie and not playing the TML was helpfull for their run but I dont share in that sentiment that because of it the Cup winner wouldnt really deserved it.

I again concur that a permanent brain dammage situation for lindros would be a personally tragic situation but I can assure you that your Mohammedelising the situation is way off the chart.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Leafs are up to 37... They're done...

according to what source?

according to this...

http://www.tmlfans.ca/forums/index.php/top...ic,39324.0.html

the leafs are at $33.4M after 21 players... with nolan's contract not counting towards the cap and allison's bonus' counting towards the cap only if there's space at the end of the season, in which they can go 7.5% over the $39M cap to fit in the bonus'... and the remainder of the bonus' (if reached) would go onto next years cap.

updated august 12th.