Battle of the Titans 7:30 Jan7 2020

DON

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

3 lineup changes from yesterday:

Lindgren for Price

Kulak for Fleury

Vejdemo for Weal

There's a cosmic cruelty to Folin being sent to Laval right before Fleury sits for the first time in months. 

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Is Lehkonen developing a scoring touch. Am I dreaming??   Please don't wake me up!!

Good he will be apart of the new core going forward. He needs to develop that scoring game.

They need to do some drills in practice where Kotkaniemi has to hold onto the puck for, say, five seconds before he's allowed to pass the puck.  Every time the puck touches his stick, he's looking to get rid of it as fast as possible.  Sometimes that's the right move but lots of times, patience would result in a better play.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

They need to do some drills in practice where Kotkaniemi has to hold onto the puck for, say, five seconds before he's allowed to pass the puck.  Every time the puck touches his stick, he's looking to get rid of it as fast as possible.  Sometimes that's the right move but lots of times, patience would result in a better play.

That’s a great idea, he telegraphs his passes too.

18 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Is Lehkonen developing a scoring touch. Am I dreaming??   Please don't wake me up!!

He’s on pace to break his rookie season mark of 18 goals. Who were his linemates back then? I can’t remember...

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Ugly five on three goal which is fine by me. Suzuki's 8th. Domi restarting a points streak? Kovalchuk 2 points in 2 games. 

It was not pretty, but Suzuki parked himself in exactly the right position.

12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Hahaha. With kovalchuk as your last line of defense?

I'd assume with only a couple of practices he hasn't yet learned the Montreal strategy of playing odd man rushes in the worst possible way. 

• Upvote 1