Jan. 9, Oilers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

11 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

What happened to the habs team that played the first 2 periods?  Third period starts, they start running into eachother, falling down, can't connect on a pass, skating lost in their own zone.  That 3rd period was embarrassing.  Something major has to change after what just happened.

The Corsi percentage is clear ...

1st period: 74%

2nd period: 54%

3rd period: 43%

And, on top of that, they were able to finish their opportunities better than the Habs were.

I do have to assume that the injuries (and all the injury replacements, from Kovalchuk down to the AHL journeymen) do impact the team's ability to play with Julien's system. The newer players have no experience with it, so the system falls apart. And we give the opposition glorious scoring opportunities, which they are more than pleased to take advantage of.

Well, if we make the playoffs it’s going to be one hell of a ride. 

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

The had an 8 game losing streak earlier in the year with no injuries,

Both Drouin and Byron were injured in the game against the Caps on 15 Nov, the second game of the losing streak.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

The had an 8 game losing streak earlier in the year with no injuries, 

Enough with excuses, they are bad, 4 of the last 5 years no playoffs, that isn't bad luck and injuries 

The injures are what's saving Bergevin job. He keeps using them as an excuse at the end of every season.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Just a quibble, but they already have a lottery pick. The 1st round pick of every team that doesn't make the playoffs has a shot at #1.

I should have said towards better odds of a higher pick 

Dear my Habs fans,

Our season has no hope.  My worst fear is being up 2 goals and from now and forever, I will always be scared of this lead.  We can't win games even when Carey plays well.  Our defensive crumble occurs, every 3rd period, it's absolutely horrendous.  I don't understand why.  We play decent defense for the first 2 and the 3rd is the worst.  Claude Julien needs to go.  As much as I disagree with Marc Bergevin and his choices.  Claude Julien is to blame for the defensive breakdown.  Tanking and getting rid of the fat is is our best option,  I watched a reasonably solid game tonight, or so I thought, and we still can't come out with a W or even at least a point.  Sad Hab right here.  Full on rebuild should be in full effect, right now!

Edited by CockyHabs86

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

Injuries don't  seem to bother the penguins any 

Injuries didn't seem to bother us tonight, the win was in our hands...We juggle the ball when it comes to pressure and drop the ball every single time.

2 minutes ago, CockyHabs86 said:

Dear my Habs fans,

Our season has no hope.  My worst fear is being up 2 goals and from now and forever, I will always be scared of this lead.  We can't win games even when Carey plays well.  Our defensive crumble occurs, every 3rd period, it's absolutely horrendous.  I don't understand why.  We play decent defense for the first 2 and the 3rd is the worst.  Claude Julien needs to go.  As much as I disagree with Marc Bergevin and his choices.  Claude Julien is to blame for the defensive breakdown.  Tanking and getting rid of the fat is is our best option,  I watched a reasonably solid game tonight, or so I thought, and we still can't come out with a W or even at least a point.  Sad Hab right here.  Full on rebuild should be in full effect, right now!

In my post a bit earlier ... I wondered whether the injury replacements are impacting the team's ability to play the system.

52 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Both Drouin and Byron were injured in the game against the Caps on 15 Nov, the second game of the losing streak.

We won that game bud...not sure what you were watching.  That's when all of this madness started.

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

In my post a bit earlier ... I wondered whether the injury replacements are impacting the team's ability to play the system.

I mean injuries do sting a bit, but we had Gally tonight and we're borderline back where we need to be.  It's always the last period where we fail miserably.  This has to be something in the management that they know about that we don't.  We are blowing this on purpose I feel like.  These guys are professionals.  They don't tank games unless they're told to most likely.  I get that we don't have the most consistent  roster nor the depth, but what other excuses are there?  Play 2  period, I tell my wife, just watch what happens.  Guess what, I predicted it.  Look at me, genius.  No, it happens every single game.  

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Well, if we make the playoffs it’s going to be one hell of a ride. 

Not happening this year, we had our chance.  We blew it.  Can't blame it on injuries anymore.  Unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, CockyHabs86 said:

We won that game bud...not sure what you were watching.  That's when all of this madness started.

You're right. Both Drouin and Byron were injured in the game against the Caps on 15 Nov, and the losing streak started right after that.  (Chris said "The had an 8 game losing streak earlier in the year with no injuries")

11 minutes ago, CockyHabs86 said:

Not happening this year, we had our chance.  We blew it.  Can't blame it on injuries anymore.  Unfortunately.

We were always a bubble team, to start with. After a decent start, we got some injuries combined with dodgy goaltending and went into a tailspin. And we still have not stabilized the team. The injuries are not the only factor, to be sure, but they definitely contributed.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I am sorry but I know people don't want to hear this but...............This is all on Bergevin and I hope he doesn't do anything to try and save the season and F up our lottery pick.

53 points in 37 games? I think we’re beyond salvation now. Let’s hope Bergevin can sell some (older) assets at the deadline, and then let’s enjoy the draft.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CockyHabs86 said:

I mean injuries do sting a bit, but we had Gally tonight and we're borderline back where we need to be.  It's always the last period where we fail miserably.  This has to be something in the management that they know about that we don't.  We are blowing this on purpose I feel like.  These guys are professionals.  They don't tank games unless they're told to most likely.  I get that we don't have the most consistent  roster nor the depth, but what other excuses are there?  Play 2  period, I tell my wife, just watch what happens.  Guess what, I predicted it.  Look at me, genius.  No, it happens every single game.  

They don’t need to try and blow games. This simply is not a good time, poorly constructed with too many holes and kids put in positions they shouldn’t be in.

tires of hearing about bad bounces.  Good teams good bounces go there way more on average.  Bad teams use them as an excuse.