The Leafs tank it this year

hankhab

I am a huge habs fan, and a huge Leaf hater. This year the leafs have dropped Niewendyk, Roberts, Mogilny and Nolan, and replaced them with Allison, Lindros and O'neil. Also, they have a 40 year old goaltender, and no d to speak of. Is this the year the horseshoe drops out, and they fall flat? We can all only hope so.

They'll probably give it their best until the end but I think it's WAY to early to start speculating until the season begins.

Ideally, I'd like all the Northeast division teams to suck so the Habs can easily win the championship but that's just me.

I don't know.

I kind of like it when they threaten to do well all year and blow it in the play-offs. It's more painfull that way for leaf fans. It would be boring if they actually just sucked the bucket.......Well, I hate the leafs so any pain is good pain bring it on.........no more close games or losses with the habs and leafs....I just hope Montreal blows them out all eight games this year.

You know what worries me ....is Leclair on the Penguins. We have always had their number. Even if we sucked we still beat them. I want to keep that going. The problem is Leclair has our number.....Should be fun to keep him off the scoreboard.

You guys are WAY off.....a healthy division, conference & league would have both the Leafs & Habds playing excellent hockey

what fun are blowouts?....let's have some exciting close games with them....and as I said before.....let's all hope for a Leafs-Habs conference final ( we win in 7 )

Go Habs!!!!......and Leafs

The Leafs won't be too bad this year. They just got younger and kept their size. I'm not saying they'll be as good as last year, but they won't drop off the face of the earth like some have predicted.

The new CBA and the sanity that will come with it will expose the folly of Leaf management. It is obvious to me that they are in crisis mode. They're past practice of acquiring "well past thier prime"free agents in exchange for youth and draft picks will leave the Leafs where they belong;in the toilet. Lindros is a bum. They did not get him because he is a great player. They got him because it will sell #88 Leaf sweaters by the boatload. The T.O. media are eating this up.What a pathetic(and funny) sight it would be to see all those fools in thier $100 Lindros shirts parading down Young St. after a Rd.#1,Gm.#1 victory(although I don't see any chance of playoffs for the forseeable future). Equally sad was the Domi saga.They have a news conference for Domi's signing? The funny thing is that people actually showed up!!.What a joke! The Leafs are in a death spiral and everybody knows it.I LOVE IT!!!.:hlogo:

Originally posted by Trizzak

The Leafs won't be too bad this year. They just got younger and kept their size. I'm not saying they'll be as good as last year, but they won't drop off the face of the earth like some have predicted.

They a hell of alot more then they gained.

Gone:

Leetch

Nieuwendyk

Roberts

Nolan

Francus

Reichel

Mogilny

Renberg

Berehowksy

Fitzgerald

Johansson

Marchment

Kidd

In:

O'Neill

Lindros

Allison

Khavanov

Thats alot of wingers lost and only 1 brought in. Who is going to play with these big centres? Domi? Kilger? :lol:

agreed, toronto wont even make the playoffs. I for one say about damn time. How many half-assed cup run attempts can you have?

Maybe it's just me but it seems like there are a lot of folks who have crystal balls out there...trust me, mine are not crystal...

What I do know is that there are several teams out there with very different looks this year and to play the "they'll make the playoffs, they won't game" seems a tad ludicrous to me.

I plan on watching as many games as i can and seeing what the first half will bring...then i may make some predictions for the remainder of the season.

Until then, all of your predictions are equal to the health benefits of a bucket of KFC

that is correct; not to mention the east is a weaker conferance. I suppose Toronto has as good of a shot to making the playoffs as atlanta or Buffalo.

These are my Eastern Conference standings:

1) Philadelphia

2) Boston

3) Tampa Bay

4) New Jersey

5) Ottawa

6) Pittsburgh

7) Montreal

8) Toronto/Florida

10) Atlanta

Anybody from 6 to 9 can mix around pretty easily. The point of that was to show that Toronto isn't up there where they used to be. My guess is they'll become 8th seed.

It's gonna be a long year in the ACC.

And I'll be waiting at the end of it with a big smile:D

Edit: Looks like a first round vs Boston. But thereès only about a 2% chance that these are right.

[Edited on 2005/8/21 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Yeah, before I wrote that I preedicted we'd get sixth but there were more teams than I expected up there. I'll fix that and put Pittsburgh ahead of Montreal.

And Atlanta making the play-offs is next year. It better be, I love that team.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Hahahahah... wow. Now the quesiton remains.... which player sneezed?

I'll say Ribs.

Since when did Ribs weight 400 pounds? Since when did the habs ever have 2 players that large? lol.

The only possible players those 2 habs could be are Komisarek and Souray. haha. But it would be hilarious if Ribeiro was the one to end Lindros's career, can you imagine that? (Ribeiro has been getting into fantastic shape this summer though, I've heard he's put on alot of muslce. Seriously)

Eklund has officaly lost his mind:

As for the crazy three-way Toronto trade that is out there...

Toronto Gets: G Roberto Luongo + D Jay Boumeester

Florida Gets: C Mats Sundin + First Round Pick

the Toronto turning around

Tampa Bay Gets: G Ed Belfour + 3rd Round Pick

Toronto Gets: F Brad Richards

And Last but not least has

Toronto Gets: G Mathieu Biron or G Mika Noronen ( Most Likely Noronen)

Buffalo Gets: D Ken Klee

[Edited on 2005/8/26 by Leafs Suck]

Haha, his WORST rumors ever.

A young Conn-Smythe winner for an old, broken, crazy goalie and a 3rd rounder. Hahahahahahahahah. I can't stop laughing.

Having St. Louis and Vinny signed to long term deals, I can see Richards leaving the team, but that deal is too funny.