The Leafs tank it this year

hankhab

Originally posted by Leafs Suck
Originally posted by Trizzak

The Leafs won't be too bad this year. They just got younger and kept their size. I'm not saying they'll be as good as last year, but they won't drop off the face of the earth like some have predicted.

They a hell of alot more then they gained.

Gone:

Leetch

Nieuwendyk

Roberts

Nolan

Francus

Reichel

Mogilny

Renberg

Berehowksy

Fitzgerald

Johansson

Marchment

Kidd

In:

O'Neill

Lindros

Allison

Khavanov

Thats alot of wingers lost and only 1 brought in. Who is going to play with these big centres? Domi? Kilger? :lol:

For me, Leafs sucks' post (above) really puts things in prespective for me. Before i was really un-decide, but looking at this post I really think they wont have a playoff birth

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Eklund has officaly lost his mind:

As for the crazy three-way Toronto trade that is out there...

Toronto Gets: G Roberto Luongo + D Jay Boumeester

Florida Gets: C Mats Sundin + First Round Pick

the Toronto turning around

Tampa Bay Gets: G Ed Belfour + 3rd Round Pick

Toronto Gets: F Brad Richards

And Last but not least has

Toronto Gets: G Mathieu Biron or G Mika Noronen ( Most Likely Noronen)

Buffalo Gets: D Ken Klee

[Edited on 2005/8/26 by Leafs Suck]

Worth noting is that Eklund himself said these rumours are complete crap. Something like a Eminus5 rating.

All of the above trades are going to happen when Mike Milbury is assigned as GM of every team in the league.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

All of the above trades are going to happen when Mike Milbury is assigned as GM of every team in the league.

Hahahahaha that actually made me laugh for a good 5 minutes. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The point of these predictions is to be able to point out to people your brilliance in evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of the other teams once you are proven right.

:)

On that note: I already posted in another forum that the Leafs will fall this year. It will be a miracle if Allison Lindros or Belfour plays a full season. I hope that they do and the Laughs lose anyway

Whether the Leafs make the playoffs or not is irrelevant. They do not have the youth to sustain any type of playoff momentum. This is a tough sport and you need the young guys with talent to carry a very large portion of the play deep into the playoffs.

Colorado and Detroit may have some older guys, but they do play their young guys which provides success. Leafs did themselves in with the Nolan trade and I think that is the big problem they are now faced with. Personally, I dont care if they make the playoffs because my cheers all go for the :hlogo: We have a great mix and I see us between 6th to 8th spot in our conference.

I'm relatively new here but threads like this make me cry tears of joy. weep.

First of foremost, any true diehard Habs fan is and/or should be a leaf hater.

The Bruins are IMO our true on-ice rivals but the losers at the western end of the 401 (aka Trans-Canada) are hockey's sad sacks of pucks and should be booted every chance we get. Even more so with the ear-shattering noise that comes from the leafarazzi.

elf will try to tell us that jrjf is an A+ genius. heh. How hard is it to sign cheap contracts for busted players desperate to play in their hometown. eesh, a chimp with a pencil and a leaf jersey could've signed lindros for less.

The leaf is in a pickle and I love it. As mentioned above they've changed directions, not by choice but because the league caught up with the tml's modus operandi. The leaf still has 4 extremely overpaid players (why they didn't buy out belfour, mcpivot and clutch is beyond me) including their resident turtle, domi. Put a mic in front of tie and he cries like a 2 year old that got his huge head stuck in the bars of his crib.

The leaf is as deep with prospects as a wading pool is after its drained. What have they got in the 'superstar' prospect potential? zip, unless of course cocacolakid turns into the next errol thompson.

The elf claim depth at centre. OK. Then what? mthrtckr?

On D its even worse. aki berg can't smell Bouillon cube's jock.

In G, they better pray to Barilko that Belfour (nice guy, builds musclecars, sometimes drinks too much but who doesn't) doesn't blow out his back. Weird thing is their backup (Aubin) is currently better than ours (Danis). It. Won't. Last.

Funny dichotomy, the Habs picked (in this year's interesting draft) a huge goalie prospect yet the leafarazzi slagged their choice and dug deep and found some nice words for a tukka. Weird eh? The Habs draft the best athlete available at #5 and get a near sure thing for goalie greatness but leafwipes like tsn's pierre maguire go all patquinn on the selection. What's not to love about habs haters like maguire.

Will the leaf make the playoffs? I'm betting no. Too many teams have improved for me to suggest that the leaf can sneak a #8 spot.

Unlike elf I don't wish injury on an oppent's players but I can see lindros, allison oneill and clUtch getting hit, hard. Preferably by the Habs' KRex. Someone mentioned Ribs popping lindros into the ICU. Man, dats funny.

Anyways, as you can tell, I hate the leaf and its stupider fan(s). I've enjoyed decades of perrenial/annual leaf failure. It puts a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. The moisture of tears of laughter are sent down to us by Howie, Maurice and Bunny up in heaven. Thnx boys, you make our Spring as fun as it gets.

My parting shot (think wrister to the top corner on palmateer) is I am ecstatic to have Bob Gainey as my teams (and yours) as our GM. Is it me or did Babs bypass the CotU and head straight to Montreal, home of the greatest hockey franchise ever and yes home to some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

For tsn, this is moeman.

Originally posted by ~moeman

I'm relatively new here but threads like this make me cry tears of joy. weep.

First of foremost, any true diehard Habs fan is and/or should be a leaf hater.

I couldn't disagree with you more!!!