Most Over/Under-rated

BTH

...on the Habs of course.

My most underrated would be Bulis.

My most overrated would be Rivet.

And let's try not to turn this into a is-Rivet-good-or-not discussion because I am aware of his leadership and "team player" skills so lets keep this on topic.:/)

Most underrated player might be Andrei Markov, this guy is a jewel at the blueline. He was one of the better, if not the best defender for Team Russia last year too.

Most overrated, hmm, don't know ... Rivet might be the most overpaid player for the HABS though. *fg*

Well I'd have to agree that Rivet is just overpaid, not overrated. Nobody has ever claimed that hes a norris trophy candidate. He plays a simple game, does whatevers asked of him, including fighting, and scores a bit.

He just happened to get a larger contract under the old CBA than hes worth, much like most players.

MOst underrated, I would say is Radek Bonk. Everybody seems to wanna slag him right now, and nobody has really seen him play. He's a great physical 2 way player who I bet hes going to score 20 goals.

Also Richard Zednick. Scores 25 to 30 goals and makes $1.8 Million a year. Outstanding

I don't think any of the Habs are overrated, but theres a number that are overpaid starting with Jan Bulis, $1 Million for a 30 point guy? Shssssh

Ummmm, Saku Koivu $3.5 Million for an average of 65 games and 44 points a year... thats like $80,000 a point. Yikes.

Alexi Kovalev is probably overpaid at $4.4 Million, but that seemed to be the going rate.

Now keep in mind I'm NOT saying these guys are overrated, I'm just saying there overpaid. I like each and everyone of on the Montreal Canadiens. I think there going to have a fantastic year, and just can't wait for the regular season to begin

Right now, I would think that the most over-rated player for the team might be Marcel Hossa. I have to qualify that by saying that, personally, I don't see him as being over-rated that very much. I see him as a guy on the edge - he doesn't seem to have had the desire to step up and put together the different parts of his talent Yet, I still read comments of him coming up and making a difference. I hope so but I don't know.

The most under-rated player that I've seen is Cristobal Huet. He's still seen by many as a loss in the Garon exchange. Yet, what I've read of him says that this guy can take over as a #1 goalie for an extended period and do very well. Maybe not a whole season but, if Théodore were out for two months or something like that, the team wouldn't have too many worries.

There you go.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Most overated would be either Souray or Theo (both have the ability to be top of the league, but both come up short regularly).

Most underrated would be Bulis, da man can do it all. (or maybe Dags, I'm not a big fan of him, but the guy can bury the puck and no one gives him any credit, thus making him underrated).

I wouldn't consider Souray to be overrated. He was always an average player at best and then last year he exploded with a great season. Now I'd consider him a proven average player.

No one considers him a superstar so how would you find him overrated? His only recent playings have been his great season and then the average play-offs. When you say he often comes up short do you mean in last year's play-offs?

I don't think anyone rates him extremely high and we'll be surprised if he can play as well as last year.

But right on with Bulis!!!

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

I have to say that bouillon is under rated because of is size

I think that koivu is over rated...he is always injured and a little bit selfish...don't get me wrong, I like the guy...as a 2nd centerman...I have to question is leadership

I have to question anyone who calls Koivu selfish...:?-

He's the least selfish player I've ever seen. Or atleast one of the nicest and most generous. He's won a few awards with that and he's always but in that McDonald's charity thing and visiting kids in hospitals.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I wouldn't consider Souray to be overrated. He was always an average player at best and then last year he exploded with a great season. Now I'd consider him a proven average player.

No one considers him a superstar so how would you find him overrated? His only recent playings have been his great season and then the average play-offs. When you say he often comes up short do you mean in last year's play-offs?

I don't think anyone rates him extremely high and we'll be surprised if he can play as well as last year.

But right on with Bulis!!!

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Well, I'm not saying that I overrate Souray because I've never put him on the pedistal that others put him on. I mean every time there is an international tournament, habs fans come out of the woodwork claiming Souray should be on the team (at least as an alternate). I'd say saying Souray is one of Canada's top 7 or 8 d-men is a HUGE overrating of his abilities.

He has tons of potential but has been riddled with injuries over his tenure with the Habs. If he could stay healthy and play the way he did during the first 2-3 months of the last season, Souray could be a top tier D-man like most people think he is. Until then, I think most people overrate him.

As for Bulis, he and Koivu have been my favorite Habs for years. Both give 110% every game. Both know that there are two ends to every rink. Both are team guys who show up every game. Bulis will explode this season and make believers our of everyone else.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

I have to say that bouillon is under rated because of is size

I think that koivu is over rated...he is always injured and a little bit selfish...don't get me wrong, I like the guy...as a 2nd centerman...I have to question is leadership

No offense, but no way is Koivu selfish or a 2nd line centerman. Koivu was voted first team center at the World Cup, he outclassed all of Canada's top centers as well as the rest of the world's. There is nothing selfish about Koivu, in fact, one of his few flaws is that he'll pass the puck sometimes when he has the better shot than the guy he's passing to.

Yes, Koivu has been brittle and that could be his only flaw. But he's shown he can play most if not all of a season the last few seasons and hopefully he's past all his knee problems. I'd be willing to bet that pretty much any GM would kill to land Koivu and he'd be top line center on 2/3rds the teams in the NHL.

Ok looks like all my posts were deleted because someone couldnt read them well...

anyway koivu selfish u have to be the most blind fan watching a habs game when hes on the ice...and i mean blind he has one of the biggest hearts for the game in the nhl...In the playoffs after the series with boston, koivu had briused lungs fractured ribs and sprained rist or something like that.

And he was still leadin the playoffs with points and was still at every game and umm he did play all 82 games 2 seasons ago and for someone to have to do that right after battlin cancer iam sorry but he is the least selfish player in the league and if not at least the leage...

:can::ghg::can:

Originally posted by koivu-11

Ok looks like all my posts were deleted because someone couldnt read them well...

With all respect, I'm not surprised that they were deleted. Just today (or yesterday), a post was left on one of these strings strongly asking for us to be careful of our spelling, our shortcuts and over-use of smilies.

I have to admit that, at times, it's hard to follow what you're saying. It takes reading it over again a few times to make sure I have it right.

On the whole, your contributions are good, valid and appreciated... it's just that, also, they are hard to read sometimes and in some spots.

Ya, your posts are hard to read. Well, I'm on MSN a lot during the year so I'm an expert at interpreting these messages. But on these kind of boards it might be better not to use shotcuts. Especially on the words "you," "are" and "why."

Ya and I agree with Carbo21 about Bulis and Koivu. Bulis has been my fave habs since the 03-04 season. I'm not a bandwagon jumper who likes him after a good offensive year in Europe. I noticed last season that he's always working hard. Always after the puck. When everyone's standing still, picking their noses, he's after the puck, while Ribeiro's counting sheep at the other blueline, Bulis is making a bodycheck. He doesn't stop. He's like Kirk Muller but better. I love this guy and Koivu works almost as hard. Offence and defence, shift after shift. Talent at it's peak. We chose him over Turgeon in his prime and it was a good decision.

And no, Souray should not make the national team. Pronger, Redden, Blake, Niedermayer, Hannan, Regehr, Stevens, Rathje, Aucoin, Foote, Brewer, etc. Any of these guys would beat Souray to the team. Even if Canada set up a Team B Souray would be lucky to make it.

[Edited on 2005/8/23 by Bulis_the_Habbie]