zednik- koivu - kovalev - perezhogain - souray

shootout

1.koivu

2.kovalev

3.zednik

4.rebiero

5.perezhogain

:ghg::ghg::ghg: tell me what u think the pentaly kill is week i think lol

I'd hate to completely disagree with the forwards lines.

I've been bashed enough times by proposing Dagenais on a checking line. He's bench-warming unless no one can earn his second-line spot.

I'd have to go with something like this:

Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik

Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Sundstrom-Bonk-Bulis

Plekanec-Bégin-Higgins

Rivet-Markov

Souray-Streit

Dandenault-Bouillon

Theodore

Since we have so many propsects and then there's Vandermeer and so on these can change pretty easily.

ok ur lines is what i would have fixed the bulis part but...the fourth lines i wouldnt keep those players niggins and plekanec there all year but anyway ur D needs fixing i find my way usfull because it has the mix of offensive with defenseive

You guys forgot about Komisarik! If Bouillon earns a spot over him Julien is smoking that wacky weed with Williams and Moss! Also, I hope any scenario on D hopefully will feature a guy by the name of Hainsy. If he can live up to potential we get a valuable asset on defense and the makings of a first rate defensive core.

No, I didn't even consider Hainsey. We have 10 D and he's number 9. Right before Aitken. He'll have to wait a few years even though he looks as though he's got potential.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

No, I didn't even consider Hainsey. We have 10 D and he's number 9. Right before Aitken. He'll have to wait a few years even though he looks as though he's got potential.

It's this year or never for Hainsey. If he doesn't make the team, he has to clear waivers to be sent down. Here's my lines:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Higgins-Begin-Vandermeer

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Dandenault

Hainsey-Rivet

Theo

Danis (Huet once healthy)

Scratch: Plekanec, Boullion, Hossa

Perezhogin could very well win the 2nd line spot from Dags, as well as Hossa. Personally, I think Dags gets written off too easily. I also hope Hainsey will stop partying and get serious for the season.

yea but u have to think also dags did score 17 goals and on second line if u think of it its kinda waste because hes on a line with fast players and he slow while when u have perezhogan that from what i here and other ppl here is a fenomial talent would do so much better i find dagenais wouldnt be fit for second line anymore and i agree with u on hainsey he need to become serious

Zednick - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Higgins - Bonk - Hossa

Bulis - Begin - Sundstrom

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Hainsey - Dandenault

Higgins and Bulis are interchangeable depending on who struggles. Vandermeer or Aitken or Ivanans can be dressed as a goon and 13th Forward/7th defensman.

I'm think Dagenais will have a hard time keeping up with the pace of the new NHL,unless he has worked on his skating. Even though there young and inexperienced I believe Higgins and Perezhogin offer more upside with speed, and hockey sense than Dagenais, and in Higgins case, better defense.

You last couple of guys are forgetting Mark Streit. I heard he signed a one-way contract or something that protects him from being sent to Hamilton. If so, that kind of traps us.

ACK! This thread (first post) is giving me a headache.

Just a heads-up guys, repeatedly mis-spelling player names, over-using smilies, and posting hard-to-read messages is not going to make you friends around here, and it'll probably get you banned.

I'm not trying to be an ass (okay, maybe I am a little). Just before you post try to think how easily others are going to be able to read it, what looks alright to you may not look alright to others.

Sure, using "u" instead of "you" saves you 2 seconds, but on the other hand it kills 2 brain cells of everyone who reads it. No more shortcuts please! I'm really not trying to be a grammar nazi here (beleive me, I make enough mistakes of my own) , is it too much to ask that you use the basic english skills you learnt in the 2nd grade?

[Edited on 2005-8-22 by puck7x]

The penalty doesn't necessarily mean the best player son the team. Bulis will definitely have a spot on the penalty kill.

Also I don't know why you have 5 player son the penalty kill. Maybe you're expecting one to be in the penalty box?

1:Koivu - Sundstrom - Souray - Dandenault

2:Bulis - Bonk - Rivet - Markov

By the way, puck7x, pretty much the only smileys in this thread are my sig so I guess that's what you're talking about?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

By the way, puck7x, pretty much the only smileys in this thread are my sig so I guess that's what you're talking about?

I was talking about smilies in general, sure we all love the habs but posting the "Go habs Go" smilie 10 times in a thread (and yeah, in your sig. lol) is overkill, at least in my opinion, its also tough on the eyes. My post was mainly directed at the thread starter though.

[Edited on 2005-8-22 by puck7x]

omg lol pukc u r 2 funy!!!!!

:eyes::lol::guru::);):/)

Seriously though, back to the lines

Unless we sign another forward (aka Selanne/Bondra), we can almost guarantee Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev on the first line.

Ribeiro and Ryder will also most probably play together, with Dagenais playing on leftwing. This is subject to change after the camp, providing Perezhogin/Hossa/Plekanec/etc blow minds .

Bonk is our 3rd line centre, and Bulis most probably one of his wingers. Julien might try him out with Ribeiro and Ryder (in an attempt to break him out of his defensive shell), but he's a safe defensive player who might work very well with Bonk (considering they're neighbours of sorts back at home). Sundstrom will most probably close out the line.

Finally, the 4th line will be centred by Begin. Remainders of Perez/Plekky/Hossa might play on this line, but then again, so might Ivanans or Higgins. This line can go a majority of ways (from hard hitting line to energy line to get-prospects-ice-time line), so make of it as you will.

Ultimately:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Hossa-Begin-Plekanec

On defense, Markov/Rivet are a safe pair, and Komisarek/Souray are also solid (as long as the Sioux provides good examples for Komi to learn). Dandenault might bump down Rivet or Komisarek, depending what he'll bring to the team. So the remaining Ds for #6 are Hainsey, Bouillion and Streit.

-Streit has a one-way contract (although aside from the waivers-threat and pro-salary, can he still play in Hamilton?).

-Bouillion is a solid 6th D, who brings a lot of energy for all the size he lacks.

-Hainsey has a major attitude problem, and this training camp gives him the spot to lose. Which he very well might do. (I made a claim about Ryder "never making the NHL", and see where he is now. I'll do the same for Hainsey).

So:

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komisarek

Bouillion-Dandenault

Theo's a starter, and I like Danis as a backup until Huet gets back. Perhaps we might sign Potvin to a small contract to fill in, but then again, we might also sign Fiset again. ^_^

Looks to be a good season, providing the scoring lines can score, and the non-scoring lines can... well, score too :D

By the way, we already had a thread like this before. "Times Have Changed" it was called. It started off as a thread about our old lines but it turned into this very thread. Just saying.

I'm sure Streit will get a shot, but he's unproven, and i think Hainsey will have an edge.

Also, being some 27 years old or so, I think Montreal had to sign him to a one way contract, as he has a regular job in Eroupe. Why would take a chance here, when he knows he can play fulltime in Europe. Montreal really had no barganing power there.

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by kaos]

Originally posted by koivu-11

ok ur lines is what i would have fixed the bulis part but...the fourth lines i wouldnt keep those players niggins and plekanec there all year but anyway ur D needs fixing i find my way usfull because it has the mix of offensive with defenseive

I'd have to go with something like this:

Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik

Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Sundstrom-Bonk-Bulis

Plekanec-Bégin-Higgins

Rivet-Markov

Souray-Streit

Dandenault-Bouillon

Theodore

Yeah, I agree with you, these will be the forward lines and we'll add in Vandermeer, Ivanans or someone else when we need added muscle. No way in hell Bulis is on the 4th line.

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by Carbo21]

Streit as a two-way contract.

Not ideal for him but he admitted to La Presse that in order to play in the NHL for the Ch he was ready to take the chance.

Will the Ch jump for an all youth team at the expense of some established fire-power (Dagenais) and veteran's like expertise (Sundstrom).

Its unconventionnal, not likely, yet facing the new challenge of this ''turn up side down'' NHL....its plausible,... specially that they have the requisite pieces to do it.

If so it could look like:

Zednick, Koivu, Kovalev

Ryder, Ribeiro, Perezhogin

Bulis, Bonk, Higgins

Plecanek, Begin, Hossa

Forward Reservists:

Vandermeer, Ivanans

Look at it this way, the Ch would be a fast skating team right now.

The brio of our 3 main centers would exploite nicely any offensive upside of their wingers.

Vandermeer and Ivanans would be used to incrementally adjuste the manly level of the team according to opposition.

More like this, IMO:

Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik

Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder

Sundstrom-Bonk-Bulis

Hossa-Begin-Higgins

KKZ

PRR

SBB

HBH

on D, all I'm sure of is Rivet-Markov.

Seriously. I can't believe it's finally happening!

But it's true how wetalk about the same thing over and over again on Habs Talk. No more threads should ever be posted on our lines until the season starts.