Do you Agree with the Selanne Rumour...

Habs Duude

I personaly think that Selanne would be a good ascet to the habs but its up to gainey but i feel that if hes still a free agent when the season starts, highly unlikely, Montreal should get him, Also some ppl dnt aprove of him coming to MTL i wanna know why not

:ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg::hlogo::ghg:

[Edited on 2005/8/22 by Habs Duude]

well there is a rumor that selanne has decided on the final 2 teams he is willing to sign with and they are montreal and st.louis and iam sure he talking to bob gainey so well just have to wait and see what happens in time and he isnt finished selanne has some years left with him just that last season he played like shit because i found he didnt belong in colorado it wasnt for him

yeah i completely agree with you but ut hink were ganna have space in their salery cap i mean we didnt sign markov or ryder yet and ryder wants about 1.15 million for 1 year right now and markov iduno u could guess about 1.5 , montreals cap space right now is around 28 million thats without the undisclosed money that komisarik is making and hossa i think how much a can selanne want?

You know, I flip-flop on the idea of going after Selanne. No doubt he'd bring some offense to our team, but at what expense?

A line of Koivu, Kovalev and Selanne would arguably be one of our best lines in 10 years. But how much salary do we tie up in Selanne? And what becomes of Zednik? He gets bumped to 2nd line and playes with Ribs and Ryder? For some reason, Zednik has never done well with Ribs. He played great with Killer and he's been fantastic with Koivu, but he always seems to struggle with Ribs. And what about Perezhogin? Does he even make the squad if we get Selanne? 3rd or 4th line you say? How much scoring will come from that? I mean this kid is supposed to score goals, not shut down top lines. And does that mean with Perezhogin on the 3rd line that Higgins misses his chance?

As you can see, I'm clearly on the "No Selanne" side of the teeter-totter right now. I think we have more than enough scoring in Kovalev, Koivu, Zednik, Ryder, Ribs, Perezhogin, Bonk, Bulis, Dandenault, Markov and Hainsey. Let's not waste a spot on a aging vet who will score less than our top young guns looking for a spot. And with the money we save, we can get someone short term at the trade deadline if necessary or use it to get our remaining RFAs signed.

the 4th period dot com is not a reliable source.

Many of us from HW know the creator/operator of 4th period from the ESPN habs forum years ago, and we know what this guy is really about. He's full of shit. He used to go by the name "captain_koivu". 4th period just recycles rumours from other sources, or makes up new ones on their own.

This thread sucks. So I'm going to close it. Listen guys, use some common sense when starting threads here. This isnt hfboards, this isnt fanhome... I'm not letting the quality of this forum go down the toilet, no way. HW is way too important to me to let that happen.

Thread closed.

[Edited on 2005-8-22 by puck7x]