Shea Weber placed on IR

Commandant

Oh and then there is the sarcasm.

Anything to avoid the actual point that there are two clearly seperate plans.  One that involves a rebuild starting after the 2018 season.

No one is saying hes perfect.

But we are saying to judge him based on the actual plan...  he failed in plan 1 to build a consistent contender. 

In 2018 he went into rebuild mode and so the results have to be taken into account with that in mind. 

There are plenty of areas for criticism. 

Arguing in circles over the same areas that have already been addressed as a bit of an unfair critique... doesnt exactly get us anywhere 

7 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I want in on this repetition party, so I will post the catch-all Bill Parcells quote for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time:

"You are what your record says you are"

It cuts through all of the excuses and what-ifs quite nicely.

It's a shame Weber is out when we had a nice chance to upset the Leafs and make their fans miserable, as realistically we are nothing but a potential spoiler team now and spoiling the Leafs chances would be the sweetest spoil of all.

Agree with the record. This year the Habs are an average team (.500, 172 goals for, 170 against) not awful, not horrible, just average, mediocre. Last year they were an above average team (14 games above .500) that just wasn't quite good enough to make the playoffs. 

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Anything to avoid the actual point that there are two clearly seperate plans.  One that involves a rebuild starting after the 2018 season.

But we are saying to judge him based on the actual plan...  he failed in plan 1 to build a consistent contender. 

In 2018 he went into rebuild mode and so the results have to be taken into account with that in mind. 

Arguing in circles over the same areas that have already been addressed as a bit of an unfair critique... doesnt exactly get us anywhere 

Maybe someone should start a "What do you think of Marc Bergevin" thread and then we could really go at and it would be contained on 1 thread? 

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

I want in on this repetition party, so I will post the catch-all Bill Parcells quote for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time:

"You are what your record says you are"

Sure

What was our record in 2017-18 when the change was made?

What is the record in the two years since then?

No one is saying the team is perfect, its not... but I am saying that the rebuild/re-tool is well under way and the club has already improved.   Probably overachieved a bit last year, underachieving a bit this year... but overall there is little doubt that the team has already started improving from hitting rock bottom in 2018.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

When I judge Bergevin its based on the on ice product. The first 3 years I give him leeway on because that's still part of the old GM. But after 8 years I don't give him leeway on the NHL team, this is his team his plan, and what ever happens with this team is on him. As long as he continues to miss the playoffs he should be held accountable.

I don't want to hear it's a reset because its been 3 years now and a reset should be over.

• Like 1

Its the second season of the reset.... not third

And knowing that the main point of the reset was acquiring KK (19), the draft pick that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work in year 2 is not exactly realistic.  We have to have a bit more patience here. 

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

And knowing that the main point of the reset was acquiring KK (19), the draft pick that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work in year 2 is not exactly realistic.  We have to have a bit more patience here. 

Hey, there is a Marc Bergevin thread for this now!

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

that became Romanov (19), Suzuki (20), extra picks that lead to drafting Fleury, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Primeau, etc...   then no.. expecting him to snap his fingers and make the reset work

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

So when he’s in year 4 of the reset and decides a reBuild is needed,  I guess you’ll be okay with giving him another 3 years because hey, he’s starting from scratch and learned from the failed reset and is a different MB with a new again.

I will make my judgments in the future based on what is happening at that time. 

In 2018, I wanted him fired... go back and look at my posts. 

That didnt' happen. 

However, in the last two years I like what he's done, so I'm willing to let him keep going with this current plan. 

Whether i support him or want him fired in two years will be based upon what he does in the next two years. 

I'm allowed to reevaluate and chnage my mind.  I don't need to have an opinion in advance and then continue to hold it no matter what the evidence is. 

Bergevin is a human being, he can learn as he goes along... he's not the same GM he was in 2013... meanwhile the league also changes and in two years will not be the same as it was.  If he is able to adapt and is doing a good job in 2022, I'll support him.  If he isn't, then I won't support him. 

Sorry, was cranky and jet lagged on a plane coming back home. Didn’t pay attention

Ill pay attention Don. It’s just that I don’t like trolls and now I’ve become one

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Sorry, was cranky and jet lagged on a plane coming back home. Didn’t pay attention

Ill pay attention Don. It’s just that I don’t like trolls and now I’ve become one

I havent had any real issue with your thoughts at all, that i can recall anyways?

Today the Habs announced Weber will be out for 4 to 6 weeks with an "ankle sprain".  Considering he's been out about a week now, that sprain must be the high ankle variety and they are difficult to recover from. I think there's a chance he may not return this season.

13 hours ago, habscout said:

Today the Habs announced Weber will be out for 4 to 6 weeks with an "ankle sprain".  Considering he's been out about a week now, that sprain must be the high ankle variety and they are difficult to recover from. I think there's a chance he may not return this season.

Kyprieos, of course, has suggested Weber's "future is in question" and stands by his story. I assume this is alarmism, but it certainly suggests he'll be out for some time. The season is done for the Habs and probably for him.

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Kyprieos, of course, has suggested Weber's "future is in question" and stands by his story. I assume this is alarmism, but it certainly suggests he'll be out for some time. The season is done for the Habs and probably for him.

All the guys employed in the hockey media... freidman, mckenzie, engels, basu, lavoie, etc... have debunked kypreos' story.

Why are we believing him, the guy who was fired and has no media company hiring him, over all of them?

Im not, Weber will be back next year, 

I don't think its a sprained ankle, probably more re injured the area that he had surgery on, felt something similar and wanted to have the surgeon do a complete evalaution. 

You don't fly to wisconsin for a sprained ankle 

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't think its a sprained ankle, probably more re injured the area that he had surgery on, felt something similar and wanted to have the surgeon do a complete evalaution. 

The ankle was one of the areas he jad surgery on.  (He hurt his knee and ankle/foot) when he was off for a year.

When you had surgery on that ankle and you hurt it again... yes you might want to see the same surgeon again.

The surgeon could then say... just a sprain, no damage to what i did last year.

I was slightly amused by one story (I think it was on HI/O) which described Weber as "displeased" that his injury was being reported as career threatening.

Imagine that behemoth in "displeased" mode...yikes 🤪

On 2/13/2020 at 10:26 AM, Chris said:

You do when you have 20million in salary still to be paid to you  and that same foot was worked on 1 year prior...

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

So Weber's participating in a full practice today alongside Chiarot on the top pairing.  That was a fast month...

The fastest return from a career ending injury in history!