Rene Vydareny ?

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Anyone know anything about the plans for Renee, He is supposed to be a great skater, moves the puck fast and great offense potetial for a defenseman.

As far as I can see we need someone dangerous on the blueline powerplay wise. Souray's little streak was a little fuke last year(I hope I'm wrong) Who do we have......or is koivu going to play the point on power-plays again this year.

<b>Admin Edit</b>: One question mark is more then enough, especially for a guy as insignificant as Rene Vydareny

[Edited on 2005-8-23 by puck7x]

Not sure what the story is with him. Although he's just a journeyman prospect, who never produced with the talent he had. I don't think the Habs had any serious hopes for him. When he came to Hamilton 2 years ago, he had limited ice time in about 13 games, although that could be due to the fact he came late in the season. I think he played in the Czech Republic or Slovakia last year?

What do you expect from a guy they traded Sylvain Blouin for?

All I'm able to find on this guy is that he spent last season with Bratislava Slovan Harvard and recorded 4 assists in 33 games.

The best season he ever had was 7 goals in 51 games and that was with the Rimouski Océanic. It doesn't seem like he's ever had much potential. He was also an expert at accumulating penalty minutes. A bad habit for a defenseman.

Vydareny actually even played for Team Slovakia at this years World Championships ... he was an injury replacement but had to replace Ivan Majesky during the 1st game. The first 2 games were pretty rough for him but he was solid in the last ones. He would have been a good d-man for the Bulldogs I think.

how can he be a UFA? He's only in his 20s. Either way, I'm happy the Habs let him go. His numbers were pathetic even for a defenseman. He would never have made the Habs anyway. He'd be defenseman number 11.

Not a UFA but he has signed with the Czech club České Budějovice and so he won't return to the NHL or AHL I suppose ...

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

All I'm able to find on this guy is that he spent last season with Bratislava Slovan Harvard and recorded 4 assists in 33 games.

*lol* Harvard, isn't that a university? :D

He played for his hometown club HC Slovan Bratislava last season. ;)

[Edited on 23-8-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Ya Harvard is a University.That's what I read on the site that I found Vydareny's info from though.

What does HC stand for in all the European teams?

I thought I read somewhere that he retired (from the NHL)... bad back or something.

Again, I could very well be wrong. Maybe it was some other prospect of the Canadiens.

I guess so... I thought it was a much younger and more recent prospect. I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

Yes, in fact that is the guy. Tanxalot again. :clap: