Does Gainey make a trade?

Carbo21

Originally posted by goalieguy
Originally posted by Macaskill

I think that Theodore is waiting to see what happenes to Luongo in arbitration before he gets a contract done.

Should be interesting to see how close Luongo getting his contract, and Theo getting his made are.

Theo is good but should not get a penny more than what luongo will get!:)

What? No...

Theodore has much more leverage then Luongo. First of all Theodore is older, he's been in the league longer, he's also set to become a UFA next summer if we dont sign him longterm, he's also done things Luongo has never done, like win playoff series... oh and 2 little things called the Hart and Vezina trophys.

But for the record, I think they are both being greedy. Theodore should take 5 million per and be happy with it.

[Edited on 2005-8-24 by puck7x]

Originally posted by High&Inside

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Words of wisdom...:)

Theo deserves more money than Luongo even though Luongo is better.

Originally posted by Macaskill

I think that Theodore is waiting to see what happenes to Luongo in arbitration before he gets a contract done.

Should be interesting to see how close Luongo getting his contract, and Theo getting his made are.

THIS FOR BULIS THE HABBIE I HIT THE WRONG QUOTE SORRY MACASKILL---------ABOUT RIVET

I understand what you are saying Bulis but I think you are missing the point.

Gainy is not an idiot. Therefore Rivet is doing something right for Gainey to keep him on the roster with his hefty contract. Something that we have no right to judge because it's something we don't see.......I'll bet it something every team wishes they had "a guy like Rivet!!" in the dressing room

BG could have traded him or better yet bought him out just like he did Breez-bye if he felt he needed to open up cap room. TRUST BG

I'll bet there are 2 or three guys on our roster that Gainey would rather give up before Rivet. He is one of our captains. Trust my friend.

With all that said.....yes he gets paid alot, but I'm going to believe he must be loyal and deserving in some way or he wouldn,t be a top ten all time leader in games played in a CH jersey. or have that money offered to him in the first place.....

[Edited on 2005/8/24 by Habless in Nashville]

Hey guys!

I'm new here, happy to find ppl like you guys! i have read all your postings for the last few months and finally registered.

In either case i agree with the Saint and GuyRock70. i don't think Gainey will sacrifice any of his players unless it is a good measure for the team (future or present). The habs have never been a big blockbuster trade team, unless they actually were force to do so (... thinking in particular of casseau #33). There is nothing left, and i believe that if a trade will be made, it will be midway through season right b4 trade dead line when we have a better picture of playoff possibilities and contract liabilities (ie: one year deals like Koivu ...).

On another note, do any of you guys have interesting links as per Pools for the up comming season. i usually go through RDS (rv des poolers) but i am looking for something more interesting.

Later!

Hey, welcome to the boards!

TO HABLESS IN NASHVILLE:

It wasn't Gainey who re-signed Rivet, it was Savard who was not a great GM.

The point is that Rivet is an overpaid player. That's the argument. We trust Gainey for not buying him out but no matter what way you look at it you can buy much more than Rivet for the money's he's getting.

This season we are not in salary trouble so why should Gainey get rid of a good player when we can handle his salary for this season? We shouldn't. He'll wait a year and then give him a new contract of much less money. Then we keep our player and move on. That's it.

there is no way that Gainey would even try to trade Rivet right now....i say wait and sign him later for less or let him go in 2 years or whatever he has left on his contract. I would like to see Gainey try to get at least one more top 4 dman.... I hear Boumeester isnt happy in Florida. I also think that a great trade would be Dags(or Sundstom)+a 4th or 5th draft pick to Philly for Simon Gagne.... that is if Clark was looking to free up some cap space.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

The-Habby's in la la land...Tough to land Gagne for fourth line scrubs and a 4th round pick...aint gonna happen...As for Rivet, I love his grit, but no other team will have him at that price...Gainey is playing this one right...He inherited Rivet's contract and must deal with it...I put the chances at better than even that he's on the third line D or in the seats by mid season if the game speeds up...speed kills...

Oh yeah...Gainey makes no trades until the season starts...a trade at this stage would be too upsetting to this team...I think he sees what he's got for a couple of months and then makes a couple of tweeks....Of course, he'll need to sew up Ryder, Markov and Theo...all bets are off, of course, if they continue to hold out...

I agree Habiman. Well sort of. I don't think Gainey will pull the trigger on any trades, not because it'll be upsetting, but simply because its not needed.

NOw of course Ryder, Markov or Theodore could become disillusioned with the negotiations and demand a trade, but lets hope that doesn't happen

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

I would like to see Gainey try to get at least one more top 4 dman.... I hear Boumeester isnt happy in Florida.   I also think that a great trade would be  Dags(or Sundstom)+a 4th or 5th draft pick to Philly for Simon Gagne.... that is if Clark was looking to free up some cap space.  

Do you really even think Bobby Clarke would consider this trade?

I mean do you really think thats a good trade?

Don't you think thats just a tad in favour of Montreal?

Originally posted by kaos

I would like to see Gainey try to get at least one more top 4 dman.... I hear Boumeester isnt happy in Florida.   I also think that a great trade would be  Dags(or Sundstom)+a 4th or 5th draft pick to Philly for Simon Gagne.... that is if Clark was looking to free up some cap space.  

I know that that trade would never happen for what I said.... but it would be a great trade for us if Bobby Clarke was ever really desparate to free up cap space.

Now that luongo and bowmeister arent happy in FLA the theo deal is commin back into play i dunno wat to think about it!! I love theo but Luongo is supposed to be the next big goalie and bowmeister is supposed to be the next big D man maybe a deal with FLA is in the mix montreal has the only goalie that can come close to being a fair trade in ne1's mind

proposal theo rivet and plecks for luongo and bowmeister

[Edited on 2005/8/25 by habsfan_69]

Hossas lazy hes been up and down between the habs and bulldogs alot. Perezhoghin maybe, but Plekanec has accomplished alot in the last 2 years and he is a true team player... I just cant see Hossa or Perez in the role that i think Pleks will have for in the future for the habs. I also think BG knows this, he got a 2 year 1 way contract didnt he... wasnt Hossas 1 year and 2 way?

Originally posted by kaos

I would like to see Gainey try to get at least one more top 4 dman.... I hear Boumeester isnt happy in Florida. I also think that a great trade would be Dags(or Sundstom)+a 4th or 5th draft pick to Philly for Simon Gagne.... that is if Clark was looking to free up some cap space.

I know that that trade would never happen for what I said.... but it would be a great trade for us if Bobby Clarke was ever really desparate to free up cap space.

You know what would be a great trade if the other team wanted to free up cap space? A 9th rounder for Forsberg and Rathje or Hossa for Fedorov and Sykora, or Ivanans for Aucoin and Lapointe.

DREAM ON!!!

If Philly wanted to trade Gagné (to the Habs, for some reason) to free up cap space they would mostly want guys like Markov and Ribeiro.

Jeez man, Calm'r down a bit. Id say that you were mocking me for being sarcastic. How many times do I have to say that i know it wouldn't happen. I never said that i would either... I did say that it "WOULD" be a "NICE" trade. I dont know about the rest of you... but i would love to see Gange in a Habs jersey and us only lose someone like Sundstrom... but i guess thats just me. Anyways ill quit posting my little fantasy thoughts from "LaLa Land"............