Habs trade Scandella to St. Louis

Trizzak

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

He found a way to move Bourque that was a Win... maybe if it is needed he will

Bourque was moved not only because he sucked, but because he was also one of those players lacking CHaracter required by the franchise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Bourque was moved not only because he sucked, but because he was also one of those players lacking CHaracter required by the franchise.

Yes, well - Bourque DID lack character in a massive and conspicuous fashion. Good riddance!

More telling is how we handled Pleks. Kept him around despite signs he was reaching the end of his rope, on the apparent assumption that he would continue to play well until age 97. With a reliable, "core" piece like that, MB sat there with his thumb up his arse as the guy aged out. That is what I expect to happen with Weber (and Price) - especially as there will be no contract negotiation issues to force his hand with either guy.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes, well - Bourque DID lack character in a massive and conspicuous fashion. Good riddance!

More telling is how we handled Pleks. Kept him around despite signs he was reaching the end of his rope, on the apparent assumption that he would continue to play well until age 97. With a reliable, "core" piece like that, MB sat there with his thumb up his arse as the guy aged out. That is what I expect to happen with Weber (and Price) - especially as there will be no contract negotiation issues to force his hand with either guy.

Totally agree.  Pleks should have been traded 2 years earlier.  As for Bourque, seeeing him and reading about him in the Calgary papers made me hate the initial trade to acquire him and getting rid of him was one of MB’s better moves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Totally agree.  Pleks should have been traded 2 years earlier.  As for Bourque, seeeing him and reading about him in the Calgary papers made me hate the initial trade to acquire him and getting rid of him was one of MB’s better moves.

To make it worse, Camilleri was pulled mid-game to make the deal ... and not allowed to keep his Habs sweater ... bad deal from every angle.

🙄

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

To make it worse, Camilleri was pulled mid-game to make the deal ... and not allowed to keep his Habs sweater ... bad deal from every angle.

🙄

Yeah.  That was bullshit.  I hated the ghost.  It’s been so long that the habs have had a GM I liked. I respected gainey as a player and the somewhat respectability He brought back to the team (after Houle I didn’t think it could get worse, but the ghost proved me wrong), but I didn’t like him as a GM. Him handing over the reigns to the ghost was as bad as when Pollack was replaced by Grundman.