Patrick Roy A Hab Again?

Arcnail

Originally posted by Trizzak

Thanks for the cups Patty, now please stay the ###### out.

I looked through the "How old are you?" string to see if you had told us your age. Unless I missed it, I don't think it's there.

So, based on this comment, I have to venture a guess and say that you are, at the oldest, an adolescent. That was a nasty, childish comment.

All I can say is GROW UP and show respect to others, especially, in this case, to those who have contributed so greatly to the history of the Canadiens.

[Edited on 2005/8/25 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by shortcat1

I looked through the "How old are you?" string to see if you had told us your age. Unless I missed it, I don't think it's there.

So, based on this comment, I have to venture a guess and say that you are, at the oldest, an adolescent. That was a nasty, childish comment.

All I can say is GROW UP and show respect to others, especially, in this case, to those who have contributed so greatly to the history of the Canadiens.

[Edited on 2005/8/25 by shortcat1]

I'm 20.

And I respect his on ice capabilities. I don't respect him as a person. He is a bit of a prick. In case you missed it, I did thank him for the two stanley cups he brought (nearly singlehandedly) to Montreal, but he wouldn't be good for the Habs as anything; player, coach, or mascot.

Better said. Thanks.

Originally posted by Tony

This confirms that Eklund spews bullshit out of his mouth. I seriously suggest looking at his website only for a good laugh.

Nah, Eklund reports what people tell him. A lot of those people I think are in the know so to speak.

But it's just talk. And personally, I like it. When I see something like Roberto Luongo to Montreal, I get a little excited. Every done when it comes to trade talk.

For every deal that's made, there's hundreds of discussions that take place. Eklund knows some people close to those dicussions and they tell him what they know.

How hard is it to believe that someone could have a few ties to the NHL. Most people do, christ, Rick Nash lived with my buddies parents, and there NHL players that either live or have family in my neighbourhood. If you live in Canada, you probably know someone in Pro hockey or someone who's close to them. Real estate agents, car dealers, promotional people, salesman.. all come into contact with these guys.. I'm sure you know a realestate agent or two. Christ, a friend of the family just sold Thornton a big ranch.

A guy like Eklund gets things right from the horse's mouth.. it just can't all come true. So yeah, a lot of it's bullshit, but Eklund isn't. I like what he's doing.. he just gives us more to talk about.. and that's what it's all about round here, talking about hockey, hockey, hockey.