2020 NHL Trade Deadline Day

dlbalr

The only move so far today was Mike Green to Edmonton for Kyle Brodziak (out for the season) and a conditional 4th round pick. 

Both TSN and Sportsnet have said over the last few minutes that all current indications are that Petry and Tatar are extremely unlikely to move.

:pray: A trade like this for the Habs, I'll be good all year:pray: 

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Odd trade from Florida but I think I like it for them?

I like it a lot more for Carolina than for Florida.  They get a core top-six guy for a collection of middle-six players and second-tier prospects.  Florida gets some cap room with it so what's still to come for them?

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I like it a lot more for Carolina than for Florida.  They get a core top-six guy for a collection of middle-six players and second-tier prospects.  Florida gets some cap room with it so what's still to come for them?

I think it’s a great trade for the canes, unless trocheck is seriously in long term in decline mode because of his injury.

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Kreider re-signs in NYR. The interest in Tatar must have just skyrocketed. 

Given the return for Pageau, we should be moving Petry and Tatar. It looks like GM’s have gone back to the old deadline/free agency days stupidity mode.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Given the return for Pageau, we should be moving Petry and Tatar. It looks like GM’s have gone back to the old deadline/free agency days stupidity mode.

I know that's what I was thinking, we could even get more because they got the extra year on their contracts.

3 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I know that's what I was thinking, we could even get more because they got the extra year on their contracts.

Seems logical. I hope we move at least one of them. But we probably won't, and already quite a few posters here and media commentators are stroking their beards and sagely nodding as if standing pat is a wise move by Bergevin 🙄

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems logical. I hope we move at least one of them. But we probably won't, and already quite a few posters here and media commentators are stroking their beards and sagely nodding as if standing pat is a wise move by Bergevin 🙄

The problem is Bergevin thinks this core is good to win and won't blow it up 

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

The problem is Bergevin thinks this core is good to win and won't blow it up 

Moving Tatar is hardly "blowing up the core." He's the guy I'd be shipping out (assuming a competitive return).

Petry is a bigger issue because his departure would turn a mediocre blueline into a catastrophic one.

As for those persistent Price rumours, now THAT is the unicorn. A trade which - if we get back the kind of return you expect for Price - could really change the parameters of the Habs' future. I am pessimistic that it will happen, but hope it does.

• Like 1