2020 NHL Trade Deadline Day

dlbalr

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Some of them could be fabulous (think Gallagher) -- but the probability is low, so it's good to have lots of picks in the late rounds.

Yeah but that's not the point I am making, some people don't like what Ottawa is doing but Montreal is doing the something. Yet people give the 👍 to Bergevin, doesn't make sense to me. 

I like what they're both doing but think Bergevin should of traded Tatar and Petry today. Here's my thinking..

Look at what Ottawa got for pageau, I think Montreal could of gotten the same if not an extra 2nd for petry.

So lets say we got a 1st and two 2nd round picks for Petry from a team.  Then At the draft we could then flip that 1st and a 2nd to Minnesota for Dumba .  

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Yeah but that's not the point I am making, some people don't like what Ottawa is doing but Montreal is doing the something. Yet people give the 👍 to Bergevin, doesn't make sense to me. 

I like what they're both doing but think Bergevin should of traded Tatar and Petry today. Here's my thinking..

Look at what Ottawa got for pageau, I think Montreal could of gotten the same if not an extra 2nd for petry.

So lets say we got a 1st and two 2nd round picks for Petry from a team.  Then At the draft we could then flip that 1st and a 2nd to Minnesota for Dumba .  

Not sure Dumba is the answer we are looking for as our #1LD. Hes a 2nd pair guy in my books and Chairot is doing fine in that role once he trickles down... and do we need Dumba with Romanov joining the team? We need a #1 LD...

Also, expect a Pacioretty like deal for Petry if he isnt extended for another 3/4 years...

If they are turning over the team to be younger and more talented, why are they resigning Petry, makes no sense. 

Totally agree that tatar and petry will be moved at the draft or deadline next year, i would have done it today with the insane prices going on. 

They need skill, size and speed on this team desperately, 

I can hear it now, trades are hard, i think we can contend next year with this group, injuries were a major factor, rinse / repeat 

1 minute ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Not sure Dumba is the answer we are looking for as our #1LD. Hes a 2nd pair guy in my books and Chairot is doing fine in that role once he trickles down... and do we need Dumba with Romanov joining the team? We need a #1 LD...

Also, expect a Pacioretty like deal for Petry if he isnt extended for another 3/4 years...

Dumba is a RD and younger, and  under contract for an extra 2 more years than Petry .

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

If they are turning over the team to be younger and more talented, why are they resigning Petry, makes no sense. 

Totally agree that tatar and petry will be moved at the draft or deadline next year, i would have done it today with the insane prices going on. 

They need skill, size and speed on this team desperately, 

I can hear it now, trades are hard, i think we can contend next year with this group, injuries were a major factor, rinse / repeat 

I agree gm's giving up a lot and if we're going to trade them at next year's deadline we won't get as much as we would of this year.

It would of gave us more draft picks and more cap space, in which we could of traded for a star player or sign free agent's in July to replace them.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Sounds reasonable, yes. But we don't know which teams, if any, might have been interested in Tatar or Petry, and at what price.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Tampa gives up effectively two first rounders for Blake Coleman and then gives up a first rounder for Barclay Goodrow?  What is Julien BriseBois thinking?

Barclay who? Oh well, i didnt know who the hell Coleman was neither.

Just now, Chris said:

cup or bust clearly, 

didn't understand the french thing, 

'

The MB had one more small deal with Nick Cousins? 

Seems like the Habs have pushed back Bergevin's presser.  That implies a trade is in the queue and the speculation is it could be Cousins.

14 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Dumba is a RD and younger, and  under contract for an extra 2 more years than Petry .

I would argue Dumba

is inferior to Petry regardless of age...

And the assets recieved for RD Petry flipped for RD Dumba just doesn't make sense.

We need a #1LD as we have a #2 and a number #3 LD.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tampa gives up effectively two first rounders for Blake Coleman and then gives up a first rounder for Barclay Goodrow?  What is Julien BriseBois thinking?

I got Goodrow in my fantasy lineup!!

Haha

Just now, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I would argue Dumba

is inferior to Petry regardless of age...

And the assets recieved for RD Petry flipped for RD Dumba just doesn't make sense.

We need a #1LD as we have a #2 and a number #3 LD.

I got Goodrow in my fantasy lineup!!

Haha

Romanov will be the LD Bergevin gets this off season.

Chiarot 

Romanov 

Mete

Will be our LD going into next season  

1 minute ago, Chris said:

CJ not a fan of russian players, intersted to see how fast he gets stapled to the bench and sent tot he minors or back to russia

He seemed to be a fan of Kovalchuk considering he got more ice time than anyone would have expected when he signed with the Habs.