Cousins traded to Vegas

dlbalr

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

14 picks this year

10 in 2021

I imagine #s will change and Bergy will trade down for a couple better/similar picks in 2021 and maybe trade up with two 2nds for 1st.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

I imagine #s will change and Bergy will trade down for a couple better/similar picks in 2021 and maybe trade up with two 2nds for 1st.

Sure.  They are all assets right now.  Some might be used in a trade for a player too... like when we got shaw on draft day.   Assets and ammunition.  How you use them is the question now.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Evans should be up the rest of the season.

Could be some more forwards too.

When do NCAA free agents start to become available? All signs point to Caufield getting a contract at that time, but the Habs have a few more open contract spots now after trading away their entire depth roster (with any value.)

Just now, Trizzak said:

When do NCAA free agents start to become available? All signs point to Caufield getting a contract at that time, but the Habs have a few more open contract spots now after trading away their entire depth roster (with any value.)

As their teams get eliminated.

Depending on conference one or two more weekends of regular season (depending on conference) then conference tourney.. then the frozen four tourney.

I dont expect wisconsin to make frozen four so caufield could be mid march.  They wont qualify based on their regular season... but if they win their conference tourney they would get an auto bid to the 16 team tourney.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

When do NCAA free agents start to become available? All signs point to Caufield getting a contract at that time,

I think Caufield-Wisconsin just played their last home game, but I imagine he will finish 1st year at school at least and Habs are done April 4.

So unless Laval makes a playoff run, unlikely to see Caufield this year.

12 minutes ago, DON said:

I think Caufield-Wisconsin just played their last home game, but I imagine he will finish 1st year at school at least and Habs are done April 4.

So unless Laval makes a playoff run, unlikely to see Caufield this year.

His college season (if they lose in the first round of the Big 10 tournament) could be over on March 7th or 8th (depending on if it is 2 games or 3 games and scheduling).

If they win first round give him another week. 

If they pull a miracle and win the whole Big 10 tourney, then all bets are off... but this is unlikely given Wisconsin being a mediocre team.