How to pass the time between now and draft day?

zumpano21

I’ll be honest here and state that all Habs fans should be experts by now at filling the hockey void between trade deadline and draft day/beginning of free agency.

How do you plan on spending the next four brutal months?

Well I plan to cheer for the team winning from here in and hoping Toronto and Florida continue to suck. I will do that until we are mathematically eliminated. Then I will curse the Detroit losses again. 

5 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That plus cheering on every team that plays against Chicago so that 2nd round pick is as high as possible. 

As long as Chicago still finishes ahead of us.

For me, I’ll probably pass the time concocting a new way to trade Petry, or cheering for a depth player with no NHL future just for the pleasure of playing GM

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

As long as Chicago still finishes ahead of us.

Yes. It would be good if  Chicago finishes just ahead of us. It would be good to have  back to back 2nd round picks early in the 2nd round or even better the Habs go 16-1-1 in their last 18 games, snag the last playoff spot and ride a hot Carey Price to the Stanley Cup.  Am I dreaming?  Don't wake me up!!

Only joy I get from hockey these days is seeing ovechkin play.  Love his enthusiasm, skill, physicality hickey players gap tooth grin and love of scoring goals.  He seems like a player that was born to carry the torch in Montreal. It’s too bad he is in a hum dum hockey market.     Glad he got his cup. Hope he wins another one with Kovalchuk - and I’m someone who has never cheered for any team other than the habs to win the cup - cheered against teams (bruins, leafs, flames, Philly)., but not actually hoped another team would win.

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes. It would be good if  Chicago finishes just ahead of us. It would be good to have  back to back 2nd round picks early in the 2nd round or even better the Habs go 16-1-1 in their last 18 games, snag the last playoff spot and ride a hot Carey Price to the Stanley Cup.  Am I dreaming?  Don't wake me up!!

you are not dreaming you at on some serious acid trip.

52 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Only joy I get from hockey these days is seeing ovechkin play.  Love his enthusiasm, skill, physicality hickey players gap tooth grin and love of scoring goals.  He seems like a player that was born to carry the torch in Montreal. It’s too bad he is in a hum dum hockey market.     Glad he got his cup. Hope he wins another one with Kovalchuk - and I’m someone who has never cheered for any team other than the habs to win the cup - cheered against teams (bruins, leafs, flames, Philly)., but not actually hoped another team would win.

You... not experiencing joy from watching hockey?  I am shocked.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

You... not experiencing joy from watching hockey?  I am shocked.

You enjoy watching the habs miss the playoffs again and listen to more excuses on why they didn’t make it AGAIN, I’m not shocked at all.

28 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

When Montreal's not in the playoffs i tend to go for the team that has the longest serving nhler who hasn't won a cup, and hope they finally win one. So this year I hoping its kovalchuk.

Marleau > Kovalchuk 

Just not in a Habs jersey 😍

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You enjoy watching the habs miss the playoffs again and listen to more excuses on why they didn’t make it AGAIN, I’m not shocked at all.

Hockey is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.  

There are entertaining games in any season, more when they have a winning season then when they don't. 

But man... its just entertainment, if its really sapping the joy out of your life and you don't enjoy the sport anymore, why not get a new hobby.  What keeps you watching and on a message board if you get no joy out of your entertainment option?

• Upvote 1

complaining is easy indeed 😕 yet this is when I start dreaming about the draft and the possibility that the Habs get The best player no matter where they draft. I bi*** alot but that is bcuz I dont protest (like a good Quebs) I don't want to be hated for protesting.

I keep watching the flat screen and day dreaming a weird mix of past ghosts and future possibilities while I think this is why legalization came about, maybe?

I dont really know the kids coming up this draft( i look up this site for that CC, Brian Commandant, 3Stars! in no order) but I still have faith in TT, I like TT he good in my book. I say let the man do his thing, no veto his say just let him work a bit. SL gone from farm this should get better I think

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I just enjoy watching Habs play and really don't follow or watch any other teams.

If is good or bad year I still pull for them just the same, not a fair-weather bang wagon jumper like some seem to be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DON said:

I just enjoy watching Habs play and really don't follow or watch any other teams.

If is good or bad year I still pull for them just the same, not a fair-weather bang wagon jumper like some seem to be.

I am like you don't watch any other team other than the habs. Not sure why but just not a fan of today's hockey. I am a 80's/90's kid and I did watch a lot of hockey then , But today's NHL just doesn't do it for me. But like I had mentioned I like to see NHL players toward the end of their careers finally win the cup. Theres just a curtain feeling you get when you see that veteran player finally win the cup. 

53 minutes ago, DON said:

I’m. Not a fair weather fan. Been a habs fan all my life. But will not blindly wave Pom poms at stupidity, incompetence and Mia-management that we’ve had to endure for over 25 years.

i do enjoy watching ovechkin, because like I said, he is the exact type of player that should be on the habs and is probably the closest to a rocket Richard player the nhl has had.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Theres just a curtain feeling you get when you see that veteran player finally win the cup. 

I dont, I cursed Lanny Macdonald, Mercenary Hossa, Bourque, etc. Jumping onto a stacked team to not earn, but simply get a ring.