HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Glad to see the great Scots come very close to knocking off Italy.

England is rolling. Other then the Denmark blip, they should be in fine forum for the WC. IMO they're the best team in Europe right now. They would have won the Euro's IF Rooney was healthy and if the refs didn't call Campbell's goal back.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

England is rolling. Other then the Denmark blip, they should be in fine forum for the WC. IMO they're the best team in Europe right now. They would have won the Euro's IF Rooney was healthy and if the refs didn't call Campbell's goal back.

Yea, they may have won the Euro but also only maybe ... *fg*

I'm a big England fan but no way that they're the best team in Europe right now. Didn't you see the Wales game? It was awful to watch, even Austria beat Wales twice in this qualifying group this year ...

There are so many teams right now which I see on an equal level ... France (with Zizou back), Holland, Italy, Ukraine, Czech Republic and on and on. It's so tight and I don't see England as the top nation who could beat everone right now.

BTW. Denmark wasn't the only blip ... 2-2 vs. Austria at this years qualifier ...? :P

@Denis Savard: Welcome to HabsWorld - I think you're the first Spanish hockey fan here, enjoy your stay. :)

¿the first spanish user?, of course, maybe I'm the only habs fan here in Spain :lol:

Well, it's a pleasure for me to be in habsworld, I'm learning a lot about hockey reading the canadiens fans. :/)

So is England, they have some great players. But always something will stand in the way of getting the cup. And i don't think they are that great. They were very bad against Wales.

Titel Candidates: No1 Brazil!!!!

Other candidates: Argentina/Italy (bad team, but always good in tourneys)Czech and offcourse Holland :D

I think France is over the hill, not that good anymore (even with Zizou and Henry)

England has a great squad and with Calamity James finally gone, they might have a chance to win it all.

But as I said before, I don't see them over any other European team right now.

As for Brasilia - dmd, I hate them SO much, nearly as much as the Germans. *lol* ;)

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Excellent strikers, excellent mid-fielders, excellent defeners, suspect goaltending.

Breakdown England's 10 vs any other team in Europe. Player for player, England wins.

Player for player, hmmm, lets start with offence:

Owen, Rooney, Wright-Phillips vs. Nistelrooy, Makaay, Robben ... don't see any adtvantage for England here.

Owen, Rooney, Wright-Phillips vs. Henry, Trezeguet, Cissé ... either here.

Just an example ...

It's no fantasy soccer ... I don't see the English squad above any other team, it's simply not true.

They have a great team but they aren't better ... :D

I agree on that, i think owen is not that good anymore!!

They should use Teddy :D (the guy surely kicks ass for te hammers!)

I think England has 3 important players (Beckham,Rooney, Gerard), the rest is average compared with other countries. (i still don't know why Wright Phillips was that expensive)

Hmm, England has a pretty good squad in my eyes, they can compete with every other team ...

Their defence is very solid: Cole - Campbell/Carragher/Terry - Ferdinand - Neville

Their midfield is superb, especially Lampard who took over the leader role from Becks (though he's still captain).

Their offence is also not bad and I think Owen will become the old one with his latest move to Newcastle.

@Dutchie: Hmm, Teddy might be good but Shearer still might be much better. Sad that he left the squad so early ...

It was an awful game, those guys from Andorra are a disgrace for soccer. They can't even keep the ball in their own team for 20 seconds. 3 combinations and then they lose the ball. And all the do is whining/hit the other team and make "swalbes".

Mostly i enjoyed Van Persie Yesterday, he has it all to become the next Bergkamp. What style and grace, what a moves. I simply love the way he playes!!(and yesterday he played on the right wing, not his favo place)

It was a free kick. It was a swing towards the goal, cocu missed it with a header. And the ball ended on the foot of the number 5, the most anoying player of Andorra, so he got what he deserved :D (btw the last goal was also his fault. Free kick again, andorra wanted to play on offside, but he was the only defender that stayed, so no offside and Ruud could easily score)

First goal was a beauty, Vd Vaart. He got the ball with his back towards the goal. He turns and without looking where the keeper is he Lobs it into the crossing...

You're gonna have to keep me updated on who to watch, I don't get much aside from articles on the internet.

And thanks to Hannes for that soccer site, managed to see the own goal. LMAO. I'll have to download the first goal now.