HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

It seems to me that these days English quote fans unquote only cause problems when they go abroad. I'm ashamed to admit that some Tottenham supporters got in a fight with police in Spain when Tottenham played Sevilla in the UEFA cup earlier this month. Manchester United fans also got into trouble in Rome when they played AC Roma in the UEFA Champions League.

I don't watch the Italian Serie that much actually, I've never cared much for that league. Every now and then I watch the Spanish league though and it's not uncommon that things get out of hand there - often many fans behave like mad rabid dogs and the referees often suck very bad, which puts more fuel on the fans' fire, if you catch my drift.

Italian fans have also embarrassed themselves on occasions the last couple years. I think Roma fans got into trouble for the second Champions League game at Old Trafford in Manchester.

It's a shame when people misbehave. It made me very sad to see so-called fans don the Spurs colors and then get into a fight with the Spanish police. Granted, the riot-control techniques of the Spanish police didn't seem to do anything but egg the hooligans on, but that is no excuse.

I don't know.

But don't fool yourself into thinking they have made amends at home. There aren't nearly as much hooliganism in England now as in the past. England is probably the country on this globe who have come the farthest when it comes to putting a stop to hooliganism. Other countries have a lot to learn from the limeys.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Really?

That aside, seems to me you have a whole other kind of fan culture in North America. In Europe and South America, people live and die with their favorite team and sport in a way that is very different from the family entertainment-oriented business that is sport in NA. At least that's how I see it.

Sorry to leave you hanging, but I's gotta go to bed. I's not tired, but I still should at least try to go get some sleep. I'll be glad to continue this discussion some other day though.

<3

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of the Storm there's a golden sky

And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain,

Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone.

You'll never walk alone.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of the Storm there's a golden sky

And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain,

Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone.

You'll never walk alone.

Sounds great, doesn't it..

Go Reds go!

You know I've thought about that a bit lately. I'm not so sure I like the away goal tie breaker rule any more. The more I think about it, the more I think that it allows for team to play a boring kind of defense-first football if they have the advantage of having scored away goals.

Pwff, a nailbiter..

Reina stops Robben!

..stops another one.

Dirk Kuyt can end this game..

SCORES!!

That was an outstanding game by Milan.

Great match!! Really enjoyed it, Zenden and Kuijt way to go!!

(i dont like Robben, he's diver ;) )

BTW i still believe that goal that Kuijt made was not offside

I agree with everything except the last part. Looked like he was offside.

It's a moot point though. B)