HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

B-A-K-K-A-L!!

Hey Dutchie, are you watching Holland-Serbia? Bakkal just made it 1-0 for the Dutch.

Yeah i watched it for 15 minutes or so, when Bakkal scored i turned it off cuz i had a party to go to. Great to see Bakkal do so great, he was a nice addition to the FcTwente squad this year. Unfortunately he was a rental and we couldnt sign him (PSV just didnt want to let him go). I like him a lot.

Great to see our youth florish, its not like they are the most talented group on earth, but they do click great together. And show it on a big platform. The England game was great, 33 penalty's or so..

Henry to Barca.

Arsenal is going downhill fast.

He was injured a lot during the 06/07 season and Arsenal certainly didn't have as good a season as they would have had if he'd been healthy.

Not that I'd complain if they went further downhill though. :rolleyes:

And the US comes back in the second half to defeat Mexico 2-1 in the Gold Cup finals. Both goalies made some huge saves, though the US missed two tap ins to seal the game. Ching had half the net open and hit the post and Beasley had an easy tap in that he instead powered off the crossbar.

And the US comes back in the second half to defeat Mexico 2-1 in the Gold Cup finals. Both goalies made some huge saves, though the US missed two tap ins to seal the game. Ching had half the net open and hit the post and Beasley had an easy tap in that he instead powered off the crossbar.

I'm still bitter Canada wasn't there. :angry:

But Congrats to the US. I hope they are able to do well in the Copa America in a few weeks.

Man City a team in turmoil once again

...but at least Lampard backs Sven for success at City

...and Coleman signs on as boss of Sociedad

...while Capello gets the axe in Madrid - but Habsfan 24 beat me to it. :P

Remember earlier this season when Capello got into a verbal fight with some Real fans? I thought then that sooner or later he'd get the boot, and eventually he did. At the time, for a while I thought they'd boot him right there and then, but it took a little while longer.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

US loses 4-1, but nothing to hang their heads about. Argentinia was playing with a fully stacked team, while the US had only two starters who were on the squad that just won the Gold Cup. I believe 3 Americans got their first CAPs tonight and a few more were only getting their second or third CAPs. The game was 1-1 at the half, but the talent of the Argentines finally took over late in the game.

Henry to Barca.

Arsenal is going downhill fast.

Meeh, they lost their heart with Henry ... never thought he'll leave the Gunners but heck, he's also only interested in money. :angry:

Though you can't say that they're going downhill fast, it's nonsense ... they still have a great team, they played without Henry for most of last season and still managed to finish high.

He won the league 2 times and the cup 3 times with the Gunners. So he won 3 more cups than he would have done with the FCB.

I knew you would look that up for me, so now he's leaving the Gunners cuz he has nothing else to win with them anymore ;)

BTW that Bent signing is sick!! Way overpaid for him

Transfers usually are more expensive when one English player moves from one English club to another English club. Remember Carrick?

Fabio Capello sacked by Real Madrid....

I guess thats what you get for winning La Liga.

Is not easy to understand for someone out of Spain, but fans of Real Madrid and Barcelona demands offensive football. In Madrid and Barcelona, to win is a exigency or an obligation, but people is not happy if the team wins 1-0 with a boring play and usually boo his team, win is not enough.

80% of the season, Real Madrid plays horrible al home, this is the reason why Capello is fired, fans don't like his italian defensive style.

I went to my first Crew game the Wednesday before the draft and they won. Since then, I've watched their next two games on TV and they won both of those. Those are three of the four wins in the first fourteen games of the year. These are the only Crew games I've ever watched. I must be some kind of good luck charm!

VAMOS........ VAMOS CHILENOS!!!..... QUE ESTA NOCHE........ TENEMOS QUE GANAR!!!!!!!!!

My nation's team beat my other nation's team 3 0 today on My Nations Day of all days!

VAMOS........ VAMOS CHILENOS!!!..... QUE ESTA NOCHE........ TENEMOS QUE GANAR!!!!!!!!!

My nation's team beat my other nation's team 3 0 today on My Nations Day of all days!

I was really dissapointed with Canada. I thought they played way to defensively and could not string any passes together. Congrats to the Chileans, I think the Canada can still go through though.

Well, Torres is a great player, but I'm still disappointed that they let Luis Garcia go, he's been one of my favorites since I started following Liverpool.

Looks like Liverpool is also after Gabriel Heinze, which is an interesting move. I guess they want to move Riise back up to the left midfield spot. I certainly doubt they'd sign him to take over for Daniel Agger in the middle. Neither makes a whole lot of sense, since Riise is a great left back and Agger had an impressive first season in the middle. Then again, you can't really argue with getting a guy like Heinze, especially taking him from Man U.