HW Soccer Fanatics

bombTHEice

Really, it just goes to show a big double standard. Aside from the hair pulling, nobody would say anything about the stuff she was doing if it was men's soccer. And even the hair pull probably would have been laughed at if it were men's soccer.

Really, it just goes to show a big double standard. Aside from the hair pulling, nobody would say anything about the stuff she was doing if it was men's soccer. And even the hair pull probably would have been laughed at if it were men's soccer.

the tackle at 32s itself is dirty as any dirty tackle men would do and be punished for.

the ponytail thing = Zidane.

the after whistle kick in the face is disgusting as well.

But what is really amazing is to see all of that in the same game, done by the same person. Screw you Dale Hunter, Elizabeth Lambert FTW !!!

the tackle at 32s itself is dirty as any dirty tackle men would do and be punished for.

the ponytail thing = Zidane.

the after whistle kick in the face is disgusting as well.

But what is really amazing is to see all of that in the same game, done by the same person. Screw you Dale Hunter, Elizabeth Lambert FTW !!!

Right, the tackle deserved a card, but without the pony tail pulling, nobody ever hears about that tackle. The ball to the face wasn't the same girl, I don't think. I think Lambert is the one who knocked the girl down, then a teammate kicked the ball into her face.

Right, the tackle deserved a card, but without the pony tail pulling, nobody ever hears about that tackle. The ball to the face wasn't the same girl, I don't think. I think Lambert is the one who knocked the girl down, then a teammate kicked the ball into her face.

humm you're right. Still...

And it wasn't just the hand ball, there was a French player in an offside position who tried to make a play on the ball before Henry even had a chance the handball.

Ah, but in that instance, if he wasn't deemed as interfering, it wouldn't have been called.

Because there were a ton of players obstructing the ref's view?

Yeah, but I think he can ask his "linemen" about it. They're allowed to make the call, I think, if they saw it. Looks like nobody saw the incident. Strange...

Yeah, but I think he can ask his "linemen" about it. They're allowed to make the call, I think, if they saw it. Looks like nobody saw the incident. Strange...

IMO it's the final proof that they need to start using goalcams in football.

In other news...

I'm not a religious man, but sweet tapdancing Christ! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Spurs annihilate Wigan 9-1

Weird thing is that in my opinion, keeper Chris Kirkland was Wigan's best player. :wacko:

:D:B) WOW, just WOW

Amr Zaki courts controversy over Portsmouth rejection

By Soccernet staff

November 23, 2009

Email

Print

Amr Zaki has astonishingly claimed that he will not consider signing for Portsmouth on the grounds that they employ two Israelis - Tal Ben Haim and Avram Grant - as well as an Algerian in the form of Nadir Belhadj.

GettyImages

Amr Zaki in action for Egypt against Algeria

Zamalek striker Zaki, who impressed in the first half of the 2008-09 season with Wigan before attracting criticism for a series of disciplinary lapses, has long been a target for Portsmouth shareholder Sulaiman Al-Fahim.

Indeed, Al-Fahim confirmed only last week that he was hoping to convince manager Paul Hart and director of football Grant to sign Zaki, who he claimed "loves" the club and is desperate to move to Fratton Park.

But Zaki has courted controversy by claiming that the presence of Grant and defender Ben Haim means he would not consider joining Portsmouth. After the recent bad blood between Egypt and Algeria in World Cup qualifying, the presence of Belhadj is also an issue.

"I refused their offer before, but now joining Portsmouth is no longer an option for me," Zaki said on his official website.

"After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player and also hired an Israeli football director a possible move was ruled out. On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian within in their ranks."

Egypt was the first Arab nation to recognise Israel in 1969 but resentment still exists towards the Jewish state from many in the Muslim community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this was previously discussed, but I just had to tell someone of the great news.

After almost 3 years....Setanta Sports is coming to Videotron in the next few days!!! :good:

This is a huge victory for all the football fans out there who were stuck with Videotron and suffered a life of limited content.

Here's their response to my 2nd e-mail request I sent this morning:

"We thank you for having taken the time to write us regarding Setanta Sports.

We have some good news for you today. Videotron has announced that Setanta Sports will be added to Videotron's programmation in the next days.

We do not have informations yet about the monthly price or the channel position in the grid, but we confirm that it will be offered to our customer.

We invite you to verify our website for more informations in the next days.

We hope everything is to your satisfaction. Do not hesitate to communicate with us again for further informations. Our customer service will be pleased to answer you as soon as possible."

I'm not sure if this was previously discussed, but I just had to tell someone of the great news.

After almost 3 years....Setanta Sports is coming to Videotron in the next few days!!! :good:

This is a huge victory for all the football fans out there who were stuck with Videotron and suffered a life of limited content.

Here's their response to my 2nd e-mail request I sent this morning:

"We thank you for having taken the time to write us regarding Setanta Sports.

We have some good news for you today. Videotron has announced that Setanta Sports will be added to Videotron's programmation in the next days.

We do not have informations yet about the monthly price or the channel position in the grid, but we confirm that it will be offered to our customer.

We invite you to verify our website for more informations in the next days.

We hope everything is to your satisfaction. Do not hesitate to communicate with us again for further informations. Our customer service will be pleased to answer you as soon as possible."

I had Setanta. Worst investment I ever made. They only have a couple of Prem games live, and a lot of the rest of their programming is crap. $16/mth for that channel was brutal.

I had Setanta. Worst investment I ever made. They only have a couple of Prem games live, and a lot of the rest of their programming is crap. $16/mth for that channel was brutal.

Thanks for the feedback :clap:

I will probably watch a few games during the free trial, but there is no way I'm paying for that.

• 3 weeks later...