opening day roster

kw11habs

:hlogo: From what I'm hearing this kid Latendresse can play at the NHL level, so lets put him in the line-up, why not Boston did it Bergeron and it didn't hurt him any. Let's not only put him in the line-up but on the #1 line with Ribiero and Kovalev, then Koivu, Zednik & Ryder. Checking line of Bonk, Bulis & Begin (need Begin there for his grit and to make the star players keep there heads up) then a fourth line (kid line) Plekanec,Perezhogin & Higgins the best kid line since Riseborough, Lambert & Tremblay. Use Vandermeer as the extra forward for some 4'th line grit. DEFENSE- would look like this Rivet, Markov-Souray, Komisarek-Dandenault, Bouillon & Streit as the 7'th man.

Not only are we lookin' good but how about the farm with the guys we're going to be sending there. To Bad we couldn't ice all our own players in Hamilton we have enough talent left over to be a contender in the A.H.L.

Koivu Zed Kovalev

Ribs Ryder Latendresse

Bonk Begin Vandemeer

Bulis Perez Pleka

I agree with your defensive picks

Carry Dags, Sundstrom, Paul/Hainsley undressed?

Move Hossa and Higgins when injuries call for it

My guess if you guys that have seen Latendresse play are right, and I sure hope you are.

My proposal is to have the returning vets on the top 3 lines, Kovalev/Koivu/Zednik - Sundstrom/Bonk/Bulis - Ryder/Ribeiro/Dagenais (with competition from Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa, Plekanec for the left wing spot). Steve Begin as the fourth line centre.

On defense, Rivet/Markov - Streit/Souray - Komisarek/Hainsey.

Dandenault and Bouillon serve as a fourth defence pairing and fourth line wingers on either side of Begin up front.

Whaddya think?:)

Not because he couldn't manage it, but because I think they want him to develop his offensive game more in junior. He could be a big time scorer, but if he steps into the pro ranks too early, he will likely never reach his potential offensively. That was what happened with Komisarek. They turned him pro too soon.

I actually think that Carey Price is more likely to start the year in Montreal than Latendresse. I think that Price is probably already better than Danis or Halak, and would benefit from travelling with the team for a few months and working on his game in practice.

Originally posted by beckham

I actually think that Carey Price is more likely to start the year in Montreal than Latendresse. I think that Price is probably already better than Danis or Halak, and would benefit from travelling with the team for a few months and working on his game in practice.

I dont think you can expect to see an 18 year old NHL goalie

I know that is 16 forwards. All I'm saying is that the names in brackets will get a chance from time to time to play in Montreal. The opening day roster, I think, will be those players that are not in brackets. Now we'll guess on deffence.

You gotta remember though, that we can't send Hossa, Hainsey, or Plekanec back to Hamilton without putting them on waivers first. This definetly gives them a leg up on the other prospects.

I expect this as their line-up:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Ryder - Ribeiro - Dagenais/Perezhogin

Sundstrom - Bonk - Bulis

Begin - Plekanec - Hossa/Perezhogin

not dressed: Vandermeer and either Dagenais/Perezhogin/Hossa

Defence

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

Hainsey

The only surprise may be to see Komi sent to Hamilton, only cause he wouldn't have to clear waivers. Give Hainsey some playing time, along with Streit. Then see one of them moved to make room for Komi.

Nets

Theodore

Danis/Huet

With players the quality of Hossa, and Plekanec having to clear waivers to return to Hamilton there is no chance Latandresse plays in the NHL this year... he'll play junior again.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Hossa* - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Begin - Perezoghin*

Markov - Komisarek

Souray - Dandenault

Rivet - Boullion*

Theodore

Danis*

*I think Dags will be cut. Perezoghin, Plekanec or Hossa will wing Ribeiro.

*Vandemeer will be a reserve or split time with a young gun on the fouth line. I can also see Sundstrom being dropped to fourth line mins if a young gun proves his worth.

*Boullion will fight it out with Streit for the last blueline spot with Hainsey enjoying the begining of the season in Hamilton.

*Huet will relieve Danis when he's healthy around Christmas time.

The best habs this year will be Bulis.

Olivier Michaud was with the team for a couple of weeks when he was 18. He did fine.

True, but this probably will be a longer stint. Whoever fill in for Huet will play games so personally I would rather see a goalie will AHL experiance at the very least.

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Olivier Michaud was with the team for a couple of weeks when he was 18. He did fine.

True, but this probably will be a longer stint. Whoever fill in for Huet will play games so personally I would rather see a goalie will AHL experiance at the very least.

I guess, until December, Theo will play a whole lot of games. He's still young, and he's egotistical, so I would expect he'd have the ability and desire to "carry the team" untill Huet is ready.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev (no changes here)

Dagenais* - Ribeiro - Ryder

from reading the posts here you would think that Dagenais was useless, I couldn't disagree more. Lots of talent around the net, and can score from any angle with a good point per game ratio. True, he has not been a two way player, but this will change if he wants to preserve his spot. Look for him to come out flying if he's smart. If I was going to make a change, I would put either Plecky or Perezhogin here.

Bulis - Bonk - Plekanec (the czeching line... sorry)

The young guy needs to learn more about the defensive system in the pros and what better guys to learn from? Plus, the two vets should be able to help the young guy put pucks in the net.

Vandemeer* - Begin - Sundstrom

Don't know much about Vandermeer but Mtl needs the physical presence on the ice.

The two starred positions are the ones the AHL guys (Perezhogin, Hossa, Kostitsyn maybe even the junior Latendresse) might crack and probably not permanently. I'm expecting a continual rotation through these positions based on performance. All the others are pretty much spoken for as far as I'm concerned.

What I don't like is the fact that Mtl is bursting at the seams with prospects and nowhere to put them. If someone doesn't perform this year, look for an quick goodbye.

Dandenault - Komisarek

Souray - Bouillon

Markov - Rivet

Gotta pair the young guy with a Cup winner. Dandy's bringing lots to the Habs table. Personally, I think Hainsey's a bust. Look for Streit to make a few good showings.

My proposal is to have the returning vets on the top 3 lines, Kovalev/Koivu/Zednik - Sundstrom/Bonk/Bulis - Ryder/Ribeiro/Dagenais (with competition from Higgins, Perezhogin, Hossa, Plekanec for the left wing spot). Steve Begin as the fourth line centre.

Dandenault and Bouillon serve as a fourth defence pairing and fourth line wingers on either side of Begin up front.

Exactly the lines I predict. I think Latendresse MIGHT have a shot at Dagenais spot on the second line. If not he misses the team. No other spots are available. I cant see him playing 4th line. Atleast hes big.

Not that it matters but Latendresse is a prospect with a decent chance of someday winning a Calder Trophy. This year he wouldnèt have a chance against Crosby and Ovechkin. Next year, he would be better and have less competition (besides Malkin). Dont flame this last comment. Its just saying that a Calder Trophy WINNER (Ryder should have won but whatever) would finally bring renown to the nice crop the Habs have got on the farm.

A change to your lines is that I rate Dandenault as a starter. I know that that doesnt give Hainsey a chance which he really needs. Im not a big Hainsey fan so I dont mind him sitting.

Originally posted by Makh2o

You gotta remember though, that we can't send Hossa, Hainsey, or Plekanec back to Hamilton without putting them on waivers first. This definetly gives them a leg up on the other prospects.

I expect this as their line-up:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Ryder - Ribeiro - Dagenais/Perezhogin

Sundstrom - Bonk - Bulis

Begin - Plekanec - Hossa/Perezhogin

not dressed: Vandermeer and either Dagenais/Perezhogin/Hossa

Defence

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

Hainsey

The only surprise may be to see Komi sent to Hamilton, only cause he wouldn't have to clear waivers. Give Hainsey some playing time, along with Streit. Then see one of them moved to make room for Komi.

Nets

Theodore

Danis/Huet

:hlogo:

I know Hainsey & Hossa would have to clear waivers, Plekanec won't because he should be kept. But we don't keep Hainsey & Hossa up just because they have to clear waivers, keep the best & trade Hainsey to Atlanta with Hossa (to play with his big bro) and get some prospects or draft picks. Atlanta has a couple of good French Canadian kids in there system.

A defencive pairing of Hainsey and Komisarek, hmm, I suppose this won't work. I'm sure we will see Dandenault on defence and not as a 4th line forward as Gainey didn't sign Dandenault to play him on the 4th.

Maybe ... Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Streit - Komisarek

what do u think forgetting about ryder hes on the 2nd line without a doubt and dagenais hasnt shown anything in camp my guess is perezhogin well be on the second line and the 4 th line will have higgins,begin,vander

I agree. I don't think that Dagenais is in the Habs futur plans. I'm sure that either Latendresse or Perezhogin will start the season with Ribs and Ryder. Latendresse played with them the entire camp so far and apparently him and Ribs are really connecting well.

As for Dagenais, I think is more of a bench warmer and good backup for injuries, nothing more. I'd rather develop one of our promising young guys then see Dagenais. I think the Habs will make them self known this year as the up and coming powerhouse of the NHL and next year, we will kick everybody's asses. I think that Gainey will make a couple of trades by the next season to solidify our defense by trading some of our young offensive prospects, as we have too many of them (Latendresse, Perezhogin, Higgins, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Hossa). I personnaly would keep the first 3 (Latendrese, Perezhogin & Higgins) and wouldn't mind trading any of the other guys. We also hane Danis that could eventually be traded.

I'm telling you guys, we are 1 or 2 seasons away from being in the top 3 teams of the league.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Ryder - Ribeiro - Perehzogin

Sundstrom - Bonk - Bulis

Begin - Plekanec - Hossa

not dressed: Vandermeer (comes in for expected brawls), Dagenais

Defence

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Hainsey - Dandenault

not dressed: Bouillon

I think Streit may not have enough to make it to the NHL this year. Heads back to Switzerland.