Ryder Hurts his Ankle

jl.roberts

So far, this isn't at the level of what the Flyers are experiencing at the moment. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point (or even near it).

it says that he hurted his ankle on friday's training session, not saturday~

oh well, it's better that he hurts his ankle now than at the beginning of the real season~

cheer up everybody!!! ryder will recover fast fast fast!!!

[Edited on 2005/9/18 by bebehabs]

Let's hope this is the only bad news the Habs get. I was thinking recently that the good news stories we've been having lately regarding Perezhogin, Higgins & Latendresse meant it was only a matter of time until we had some bad news.

At least it's "good" bad news. Ryder won't be out long.

Go Habs!

:hlogo:

• 2 weeks later...

Ryder is not listed for the Bruins game Sept 27, so maybe he hurt the ankle a little worse than we'd thought, sprains can be tricky, does anyone have an update on his condition?

Anyway there's no need to rush him back. Either he is fully recovered next week or he starts the season on the injured reserve -- silver lining in the second case is it gives us a chance to keep another youngster (or Dagenais) on the big team for some regular season starts and evaluation.

[Edited on 27-9-05 by JeanLucPilon]

If there is one area where BG has really developed this team it is depth. In the dark years, we would have rushed Ryder back or pressured him to play hurt (See Rechi, Mark, lung infection) GL would have been rushed to the big club and his development hampered by low minutes and huge expectations (see Riberio, Michael, early struggles)

Now we are actually in a position where Ryder can rest and one of the rookies and/ or Dags has a real shot to play themselves on to or off ofthe team.

All hail Bob Gainey :bow: :bow: :bow:

And give thanks

Originally posted by PMAC

If there is one area where BG has really developed this team it is depth.

Now we are actually in a position where Ryder can rest and one of the rookies and/ or Dags has a real shot to play themselves on to or off ofthe team.

All hail Bob Gainey :bow: :bow: :bow:

And give thanks

If one wishes to be more accurate, one might correctly say: All hail André Savard. He was the one who was in charge for the drafting of most of those guys coming up. Gainey's only been there for the last two drafts.

The ones that Gainey's team gave us are Chipchura, Price, Latendresse & Streit.

Hainsey, Hossa, Balej, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Lambert, Kostsitsyn, Locke, Halak, Bonneau & Lapierre were all drafted during Savard's tenure as GM. (I'm not sure but maybe Ribeiro & Markov too.) That's where the depth comes from, so far.

Gainey's team may have given us greater & better depth but that's yet to be determined.

All hail André Savard too.

You're correct shortCat 1. I meant no slight to A. Savard. As he is still largely responsible for scouting and selecting prospects I give him a lot of credit for the more recent picks as well. The reason I was hailing Bob is that it doesnt matter how good your scouts are if your GM wastes prospects, or players by throwing an extra body or pick in on every trade or rushing players to the big time or by not removing obviously ineffective players from the line-up a la Mons. Houle

All Hail BOB AND ANDRE

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

and give thanks

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

Ryder started skating yesterday, will start practicing with the others today and should play the next game.

thx Komi, I was wondering about that and its good news he can get on stride with his linemates before the season opener.

Hainsey, Hossa, Balej, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Lambert, Kostsitsyn, Locke, Halak, Bonneau & Lapierre were all drafted during Savard's tenure as GM. (I'm not sure but maybe Ribeiro & Markov too.) That's where the depth comes from, so far.

Hainsey, Hossa, Balej, Ribeiro, Markov, Ryder were all drafted by Rejean Houle.

You forgot to mention Savard's picks of Urquhart and Linhart in the first two rounds.;), but I'm glad to see you give him credit for future stars like Halak, Lambert, Bonneau and Lapierre (another second round bungle).:eyes: