Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

[Edited on 2005/9/19 by Spider-Man NL]

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plekanec - Locke - Sundstrom

I would love to watch this line play. I am really interested to hear (Thank you CJAD!) how Locke plays as he is a very good player and can hopefully find his way on to the team some day.

I know this is just preseason, however you do get an idea of who wants to play on the big club the most.

Does anyone know if RDS is going to show games in a re-broadcast? I just advanced my guide to tomorrow and nothing there! The Leaf channel shows live games so I am wondering if RDS is covering any games.

as for goalies, rds.ca says that theodore is going to take part in the 2nd half of the game... which means he'll be the one in the net at the shootout :D

hey hey~ i'm happy to see our first line together against those lightnings~ grrrr~ just beat them up!!!

ummm... hope there'll be some lil surprise tomorrow (i'm expecting a good game from latendresse of course hehe but also kevin lavallé~~)

hey hey~ i'll be attending my class tomorrow nite so i wont be able to listen to the game GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~ but i'll be on the net so u guys better update me with goals and assists and special sequences :D hehe

GO HABS GO

[Edited on 2005/9/19 by bebehabs]

the first and second lines are semi-official according to rds -- on the second line, Latendresse-Bonk-Hossa, when was the last time the Habs had a line that big which could also score? I got to wake up early to listen to that.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4358

Eight players sent to Hamilton

MONTREAL - Less than 24 hours after a 3-2 preseason victory over the Thrashers, head coach Claude Julien made his first cuts from the Canadiens roster. Forwards Jimmy Bonneau, Maxim Lapierre, Francis Lemieux, Duncan Milroy and Cory Urquhart, defensemen Jeff Paul and James Sanford, and goaltender Jaroslav Halak will all report to the training camp of Montreal's minor-league affiliate, the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs, which opens on Friday in Caledonia, Ontario.

One of the notables surviving Monday’s cut was defenseman Kevin Lavallee, the tryout invited to Canadiens camp thanks to the TV series Bell Making the Cut. Speaking to the press after the first half of a four-hour practice, Julien admitted the 23-year-old hadn’t looked all that comfortable during the rookie tournament a couple of weeks earlier, yet had earned his place in camp through the first round of cuts strictly on his own.

A PROSPECT'S DEBUT: After watching from the sidelines on Sunday night, forward Guillaume Latendresse will get the opportunity to show even more hockey fans why the Canadiens traded up to take him in this year’s draft. With his family expected in the stands, the 18-year-old forward, taken 45th overall by Montreal in July, will suit up for Tuesday night’s preseason contest against the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning.

LINING UP THE BIG GUNS: With the reigning Stanley Cup champs in town on Tuesday, the Canadiens will have their top trio on the ice to make their preseason debut. The chemistry between Richard Zednik, Saku Koivu and Alex Kovalev was a major factor in the Canadiens’ historical first-round elimination of the Bruins in the 2004 playoffs. Koivu, Kovalev and Zednik led the team in goals, assists and points and were among the league leaders in those categories as well.

Yann Danis is expected to be the starter between the pipes on Tuesday, while Jose Theodore will take over mid-way through the game. Chris Higgins and Alexander Perezhogin, both of whom played Sunday, were skating on a line together during the practice that involved Tuesday’s potential roster.

REACHING OUT TO RIBS: When Mike Ribeiro first broke into the NHL, he found a friend in Jose Theodore. After Ribeiro’s performance in Sunday’s game, Theodore could see how much his good friend has changed since his NHL debut six-and-a-half years ago.

“I saw that last night, he played with confidence," the goaltender said of Ribeiro. "Every time he was on the ice, he was creating something; he wasn’t afraid to make some nice plays and I think he has improved his strength. I’m not worried about Mike - he’s smart out there and he wants to improve and get better. I’m really happy to see that he’s in great shape like that.”

4358_1.jpg

[Edited on 2005/9/20 by Spider-Man NL]

Originally posted by ~moeman

No true Habs fan would ever watch leaf TV. Even our local CotUer Leafs Suck won't watch cr@p starring joe blowen and hairy kneel.

I get Leafs TV and Joey Bowen is from Sudbury. In fact, he was in the same university residence at Windsor as I was (a few doors down)... interesting.

Nevertheless, I'm a true Montreal fan since the Rocket and I've no problem watching them play on Leafs TV.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

The game is also live on CHRC (for those of us who understand French).

Hey, just realized that Lecavalier will probably play tomorrow. So do you guys think he'll be boo'ed (for signing longterm in Tampa rather then waiting a year to become a UFA) by the Bell Centre crowd? ...

I bet he gets boo'ed, just a feeling.

Originally posted by puck7x

Hey, just realized that Lecavalier will probably play tomorrow. So do you guys think he'll be boo'ed (for signing longterm in Tampa rather then waiting a year to become a UFA) by the Bell Centre crowd? ...

nah~ i dunt think so~ we like lecavalier and i'm sure there'll be a lot of his friends, family and relatives at the bell center tomorrow night :-^

i think we'll show some respect and welcome him back to his hometown~ it's not like the MARTIN LAPOINTE CASE~ i definitely booooooooooooooooooooo that guy~~ i just HATE HIM :mad::mad::mad::mad: shitting on us and being arrogant few years ago and sign with our ennemy~ and wanted to join our dearest habs this season : get outta here~~~~~ (go gainey go) hehe

So we're going to get some tired lightning club tonight... boo!... lol.

Should be a great rematch of the '04 Second Round.

Macaskill's fearless prediction...

Montreal wins 4-2.

Montreal wins 2-1 in shoot out.

Hmmm... not to be a defeatist but I think that TB will likely win this one. That team is stacked with an awful lot of talent.

The biggest factor that could lead to a victory by Montreal will be goaltending. Khabibulin is gone and I don't know if the new one is up to the task - I forget who he is.

In any event, bottom line, GO HABS GO!

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

If it were full rosters facing off tonight, I'd probably agree with Shortcat in saying that Montreal would have a hard time matching the Lightning's powerful team...

However, tonight the Habs will have several young guys in the line-up looking to make the team; competition hasn't been this stiff in several years (with so many roster spots avail).

So my guess is that the young guys will bring some much needed energy, which will boost the vets, and voila, hello preseason win.

-Macaskill, the optimist. lol.

Zednik nets one, where Kovy does all the work.

Bonk sets up Latendresse for his first NHL goal.

Markov on the PP, nyce shot from the point.

Begin is awarded a goal after there's quite a pile-up in front of the net.

As for Tampa.... going with Lecavalier and one of their D.

Ah yes, so happy hockey's back, new ways to be proven completely wrong are on the horizon... ;)

hey hey~ the game is starting sooooooooooooooooooooon

and...

i'm attending my finance class T_T

soooo hey hey~ just keep me update with the game ok guys???? :D

tampa played last nite so they should be a bit tired... and since we only have 3 young players (latendresse, côté and lavallé) in the lineup, then i think we'll win against tampa~~

REVENGE TIME!!! :)

GOOD GAME!!!

Originally posted by puck7x

God, I hope so.