HOSSA TRADED TO NYR!!!

Habby1197

Okay.. Okay.. I've got a question. Lets say we did ship Hossa to make room for Latendress, but I still don't know where can we play the kid.

We have:

Zednick - Koivu - Kovalev

Dags - Ribs -Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sunny

Now do you want him on the fourth line? That kinda sucks IMO

And we shouldn't forget Plekanec, Perez and Higgins.. not to meantion another gritty fouth liner.

To be honest I liked Hossa, always have. He had potential the whole time and he showed it in camp. I don't like the trade, but some room needs to be made. IMO I would have gotten rid of Sunny. The Bulis-Bonk-Hossa line would have had me going. But at least Bulis wasn't traded.

Meh.

We shall see.

:ghg:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have over-reacted. However... I WAS NOT WHINING!

I was expressing my opinion that what BG got for Hossa wasnt very good. A 4th round draft pick would have been infinitely better. I think Hossa will do well in NY. He came to camp in shape, motivated and in any of the last six years, excluding the lost season of course, he would have probably made the team relatively easily.

I just dont see how having whats his name benefits us.... his scouting report reads like a Begin w/ less skill

I hope I'm wrong and I like most of Bobs moves and yes he does have more knowledge than us.... I offered that as one of my options... thats why he gets paid to be GM

Originally posted by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

QUIET - we are starting to sound like silly leaf fans here. They always want this free agent and that free agent. When you add up the names it comes to 40 players or something crazy. Well, whining about this deal is paramount to that. Shame! We are CANADIENS fans and Bob has more hockey intelligence in his pinky than ALL OF US! ENOUGH!

You hit the nail right on the head!:hlogo:

We are CANADIENS fans and Bob has more hockey intelligence in his pinky than ALL OF US! ENOUGH!

I really don't get all this stuff about diligently deferring to the powers that be in order to show your unwaivering loyalty or something. Don't mean to pick on you, but i've seen this type or "argument" come up every so often and I can't stand it. Being a fan (or a good citizen, employee, team member or whatever) doesn't mean you should stop thinking for yourself and expressing and discussing your opinions. Intelligent questionning isn't tantamont to disloyalty. I realize that we are just talking hockey here, I hope you don't hold the same line with regards to politics, religion, world events, etc. This type of dogmatic thought-ending paradigms always make me cringe. I can't believe that people think that simply stating "he knows better than you, therefore don't speek" is a valid point. Dude, Gainey does know a world more about hockey than I do but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong and that fans can't constructively discuss actions taken. That's the purpose of a site such as this. Otherwise, just switch your brain off, read the press releases, say amen and go to bed. oh, and also clap when prompted to.

Anyway, don't want to make a big deal of this but that's my two cents.

That's pretty cocky of you, Rooster!

signed

us chickens ;)

Originally posted by shortcat1

That's pretty cocky of you, Rooster!

signed

us chickens ;)

Being cocky is what a good rooster does :/) ....at least til the farmer comes around.:D

Nah, didn't mean to come on strong. I'm just annoyed that people think the sky is falling.

Look out Sens - THE HABS ARE COMING

It's all good. Got on a little high horse myself there too.:/)

I know we couldn't have sent him down but I don't like we got for him. Atleast get a player who has a CHANCE of someday making the NHL.

I really liked Hossa. Too bad.

I believe that this trade really hasn't any bearing on

latendresse at all. He doesn't have a contract. He'll be back in Junior. The team will be keeping the following players in my view

koivu

kovalev

zednik

ribiero

ryder

dagenais

bonk

bulis

plekanec

begin

sundstrom

vandermeer

perezhogin

ivanans

higgins to hamilton latendresse to drummondville

souray

rivet

markov

dandenault

komisarek

bouillon

streit

hainsey traded or waived to hamilton

theodore

danis

:/)

Latendresse still has to fight off players like Sundstrom, enforcer (any) and Dagenais/Perezhogin/Higgins. In my opinion, Higgins makes it as well as Dags.

The rest will fight for a game or two during the season in case of injuries.

I say Vandermeer over Ivanans alhough Vandermeer doesn't fight as well. If your enforcer is constantly embarassed and brings no momentum and/or energy to the team than you might as well stick with Bégin. Two enforcers is crazy. When a team lacks talent they will sign Brad May, Ian Laperriere and the rest all at once. It seems like Colorado only cycles around enforcers while keeping Joe Sakic. he team now revolves around him. They may be in trouble.

Anyway, Perezhogin goes down only because he can. He looked good enough to play in the NHL though. He might even have a shot at the Calder next season. Dagenais is also looking better than I remembered him.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie Dagenais is also looking better than I remembered him.

If so, that bodes even better for our team. One more guy with growing potential... what better?

It'd be frustrating for the guys trying to make the team - kind of like what is was for the young guys trying to make the team back in the 50's and 60's. Those teams were so loaded that it was nearly impossible for the young guys to make the jump to the parent team.

Originally posted by stjrandy

I believe that this trade really hasn't any bearing on  

latendresse at all. He doesn't have a contract. He'll be back in Junior. The team will be keeping the following players in my view

koivu  

kovalev

zednik

ribiero

ryder

dagenais

bonk

bulis

plekanec

begin

sundstrom

vandermeer

perezhogin

ivanans

higgins to hamilton latendresse to drummondville

souray  

rivet

markov

dandenault

komisarek

bouillon

streit

hainsey traded or waived to hamilton

theodore

danis

:/)

I think Hainsey will make the team instead of Streit just for the fact that Streit can be sent to Hamilton without going through waivers. I don't think that they will dump Hainsey like they did Hossa because he still has more promise than Hossa showed. Then it will be a matter of either Hainsey improves and sticks with the team or he will be traded later on for something more worthwhile than we got for Hossa. Then Streit can get his games with the big club that he has written into his contract. They're not just going to lose Hainsey on waivers.

I think the trade may have been a courtesy trade. Hossa wasn't going to make the team and didn't want to go back to the AHL. He deserves a shot at the NHL with another team and in NY he can play with Balej. I for one wish him luck.

Oh and we make some salary room back.

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

I think the trade may have been a courtesy trade. Hossa wasn't going to make the team and didn't want to go back to the AHL. He deserves a shot at the NHL with another team and in NY he can play with Balej. I for one wish him luck.

Interesting perspective, johnnyhb. I hadn't thought of it that way, that is that it was a trade not for the Rangers as such but for Hossa himself.

I commend your wishes for Hossa. :/):/)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

That doesn't make a lot of sense since some team would have picked him up from waivers. Also what's to stop the Rags from sending him down? Nice thought but unlikely.

Meeh, what an awful trade ... it seems like Sather is the only one who wants to trade right now and Gainey is taking his players, even if he gets some crap in return.

Hossa would have been a very nice fit on the third with Bulis and Bonk ...

Originally posted by HABS Fan Nr.1

Meeh, what an awful trade ... it seems like Sather is the only one who wants to trade right now and Gainey is taking his players, even if he gets some crap in return.

Hossa would have been a very nice fit on the third with Bulis and Bonk ...

AGREE!!!

ALso someone mentioned him being Bonk's best friend:s brother. That's possible since he played in Ottawa.

Anyway, it was the CzechoSlovakian line! Now we have no Czechs/Slovaks to replace him. Plekanec?

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

w00t! The rangers just got a little softer. Shame they couldn't have traded him to the leafs. Hossa is considered an offensive player, yet he's never scored anything close to a point a game (at <i>any</i> level). Glad Gainey got something for him.

what did he get a bag of crap

You guys don't seem to get it. Hossa was not good enough to crack the line-up so he was going to be lost at waivers. No team other than the rags was willing to trade for him because he could be picked up for free. That shows you Hossa's value when nobody was willing to offer any more than what the rags offered. Nobody wanted him enough to trade for him. He has no value.

Originally posted by beckham

This deal has nothing to do with Latendresse. The team was 4 or 5 players over the limit, and I still think that Vandermeer, Higgins, Plekanec and probably Perezhogin are still ahead of Latendresse.

:)