HOSSA TRADED TO NYR!!!

Habby1197

Originally posted by beckham

This deal has nothing to do with Latendresse. The team was 4 or 5 players over the limit, and I still think that Vandermeer, Higgins, Plekanec and probably Perezhogin are still ahead of Latendresse.

:)

I'm glad that you're glad with what you said, beck... subtle but loud too.

I agree with you about the others being ahead of Latendresse. Vandermeer, I doubt but, likely because of his role he would be 'ahead' of Latendresse.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This deal has nothing to do with Latendresse. The team was 4 or 5 players over the limit, and I still think that Vandermeer, Higgins, Plekanec and probably Perezhogin are still ahead of Latendresse.

Give credit where credit is due:clap:

I do believe that this was the best move, but thought the trading of Hossa was done to fulfill what might have been perceived as an immediate need (GL's toughness) and not to free a spot for Perezhogin (hope it wasn't to free a spot for a 2nd goon anyway).

You weren't the only one saying that;)

..for marketing purposes. He would have gone down with Chipchura and Price except for the fact that he was causing a buzz with the local fans. So they wanted to squeeze every last ticket out of that before they sent him back to Drummondville. That is happening all round the league, teams hang on to some high profile kid and talk him up in the press just to get some attention with the local fan base. Often times that is the best return they ever get on thier investment. A year or two later, the kid is overshadowed by the next "great thing" and few care how he does. So unless the player becomes a star, their marketing value is never as great as it was right after they were drafted. Look at Kostitsyn. A year ago he was all the rage. This season, no one said too much, a year from now, he will be forgotten in all likelyhood.

certainly the habs wanted the ticket sales (although I think they would have done even without him)... However, one must imagine that there are at least 2 other reasons:

1) Give the kid a cup of coffee... give him an idea of the pace and style of the NHL

2) show guillaume that he the NHL is in his future. That he was good enough to keep around and that he has what it takes to stick around.

Hossa is due for a breakout season. This will haunt us someday. It isn't a good move. We could have gotten atleast a player with potential in return. Maybe a defenceman or something.

Just wondering, after

Balej, draft pick for Kovalev

Garon for Huet and Bonk

Hossa for Murray

and his signings and draft choices (not all him) what do you guys think of Gainey?

I like him but not this move. I guess he just didn't want to take a chance.

Hossa was a done either way. Gainey is the hero here, he got a player in return when Hossa was to be given away for free.

Hossa has tried to make our team for a while now. Many comment that he looks great, the best he ever has.....Well, Hossa's best is obviously not good enough.

Good luck man

hossa had 3 goals and 4 ass in 5 games

he didnt have a bad preseason

i rather of had hossa than sunny

hossa has upside and murray has no upside just a goon

this is the new nhl not the old nhl where fast skating and skill is the key this is gonign to haunt us