Someone send Gainey the memo about the "new" NHL

beckham

Originally posted by beckham

"Doh!!!" is all I expect from you kaos, but maybe someone with a brain can explain why Gainey has signed Vandermeer, Aitken, Paul, and now Garth Murray?

Maybe for the same reason why Brian Burke in Anaheim signed up a bunch of goons. They are trying to buy up the entire market of gritty/goony type players and intimidate the league? lol...

Probably not.

The habs are still a team dominated by "skill players" , adding a couple of grit guys doesnt hurt.

All I can say, beck, is that, in the end, you and I are armchair GMs, coaches, etc while these guys are making their living doing thie stuff.

It may be that this was a mistake since we all make those but, for these guys the mistake will be, at worst, done with good intentions. Specifically with Gainey, I'm certain that he IS doing what he sees best in every situation.

Bottom line, we have to trust him both because there's not much else we can concretely do about it and because we should recognize the man's qualities.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Even if Theodore stays healthy and they are forced to use him for nearly every regular season game, that could cost them in the playoffs if he wears down. He isn't a particularly big or strong player.

beckham, you said this in another thread in regards to Jose. Do you not want big and strong players to help the small players? Personally, I think some smaller players like Koivu are very strong to be able to take on larger guys in the corners. A big guy on his line would help though and maybe this is what the future holds for Montreal.

Plus big or tougher guys are hard to push around in front of the opponents net. I will admit you know more about the young guys on the team better than I, but do you not think we need some beef to back up the skill? I know I am tired about hearing how small and weak the Habs are in Toronto land.

Disagree with you there Becks (we should all have a moniker like an on ice name-call me Ath)

This is great. Tomorrow I go make my picks for the pool I'm in. Then we get a website with updated daily stats and a TRASH TALK forum.

He he, I never thought that I'd end up on a site like this weher we are all allies but the trash is just as good.

Beckham - you annoy.

Keep up the good work.