Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Bruins | 10/05/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by bebehabs

habs CAN'T lose tonite game!!! coz... i bet for a habs win at mise-o-jeu!!! hahahaha :)

GO HABS GO!!! let's kick those bears out of the ice!!!

I bet two beers with my buddy here who is a hard-core Bruins fan, it's not the beers it's the bragging rights he HATES the Habs, we just did a pool with some half-dozen hockey fans here for the third year running he would not choose any Habs players (well, I wouldn't choose a Bruin or Leaf, so...) anyway YES -- the Habs must win and they must win BIG, I mean bury the Bruins. We have a history of humiliating that team in big games and this is a big game, season opener in their building, lets fill the net boys! And Theo, this is the time to step it up man!

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by les_glorieux

Profile for shortcat1  

Username: shortcat1  

Registered 7/15/05 (12.92 messages per day)  

Posts 1046 (2.97% of total posts.)  

WOW

Crud... I gotta get me a life or something....

I hope my principal doesn't catch me..

JOHNNY! GET YOUR FINGERS OUT OF BILLY'S NOSE. IN YOUR NOSE, OK BUT NOT BILLY'S

Teaching is so NO... I'M STUDYING FOR A DOCTORAL DISSERTATION! YES... IT LOOKS LIKE HOCKEY BUT... THAT'S JUST THE COVER-UP FOR MY SECRET WORK AS A SPY FOR ED SULLIVAN!

etc, etc, etc...:lol::lol:

(no bloody way I'd do that... professional suicide. :nono:

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by les_glorieux

Profile for shortcat1  

Username: shortcat1  

Registered 7/15/05 (12.92 messages per day)  

Posts 1046 (2.97% of total posts.)  

WOW

This is suspicious. I really can't remember the last day during which shortcat1 posted less than 13 messages. I believe we can detect the hand of puck7x already. :lol:

:bow:

He's my friend, you know...

I hope he likes the weekly helps I give to his bank account drain. He says that his kids are starving and his wife, who's struggling with overshoppingitis really appreciate the contributions (that's what he calls them) that I make to their well-being.

But.... he promises to be my bestest of friends as long as I can 'help' him. and he says that's only fair, you know....

I guess.................... :eyes::eyes::eyes:

I'm hoping for a Habs win, but it will be tough to do in Boston. My prediction is for a shoot out win, 4-3.

Using the projected lineup, NHL06 says Montreal wins 4-2

Boston - Zhamnov (Boynton)

Montreal - Bulis (Markov, Koivu)

Boston - Girard (McEachern, Isbister)

Montreal - Bonk (Bulis, Higgins)

Montreal - Bonk (Higgins)

Montreal - Bonk (Souray, Higgins)

So a HUGE night for Bonk and Higgins

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I am trying to decide between NHL06 and NHL 2k6 any thoughts on the one you have played?

The Habs must win tonight and the Sens must crush the leafs. My life will be miserable tomorrow at work if it doesn't happen like that!

I expect the Habs to win pretty easy actually. I agree with Puck, the Bruins are really over rated. Murry is the only great threat they have, Thorton is not the cat's ass.

6-2 Habs

:hlogo:

Bruins will be dying for a spectaculare win on their opening night specially against the team that shamed them before the lock-out.

It should be quite a test for our Canadien,...specially that Boston seems to represent again one of the better team league wise,...it should be a face paced game won by the team taking the least penalty.

Anyone know if Boston as an enforcer in their team ?

carlton orr is supposed to be the enforcer, even with the gouged eye he is supposed to play.

The Bruins at some level get a bit of a bye tonight, nobody in boston is watching... that what boston gets for having their home opener at the same time the sox are fighting for their playoff lives.

I ''see''.

I gess big Ivanans might play then...as Julien said it will depend on who plays for Boston.

Despite the Sox grand evening, I heard that all tickets where sold.

I'm game for that box score. :)

By the way, if it hasn't been done before, that would make an interesting bit of info to yack about.

What does NHL06 (or some other similar game) predict based upon the present line-ups, etc..

Habs 5 Bruins 4

Season Predictions:

4th or 5th in East

+100 points

The habs have a speedy two way line-up with scoring potential from top to bottom. The top line looks good and a healthy and hungry Kovalev could make it one of the best in the league. A repeat performance from Ribeiro and Ryder is necessary in order to keep scoring balance in the lineup. Dagenais will start at left wing but expect any number of the rookies or possibly other combinations to make up the second line. The third line of Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom could be one of the best two way lines in the league. The fourth line is now an energy line for the habs with Higgins-Plekanec-Begin and could surprise a lot of people.

The defense looks good if Souray stays healthy and continues to play his game. Markov needs to continue to improve as well. Rivet and Dandenault will provide leadership and solid play. I believe Komisarek will have a break out year and may soon find himself in the top four. Bouillon should be helped by the new rules. Streit is the wild card, captain of the Swiss team, five times "Norris" trophy winner of Swiss league. He could provide leadership and offence as well if he adapts well the NHL.

Theo will be solid in the nets and play nearly every game like the last season, so the issue of Danis should not be too large for the Habs but may be a thorn in their side if the East is very tight across the board.

Habs will at least make the second round of the playoffs once again and could go deeper if Theodore can stay hot past the first round.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Habs win 4-2.

Now that I've got more time...

Koivu (Kovalev and Zenik do all the work)

Ryder (on a beautiful pass by Ribs)

Dandenault (winning over Habs fans)

Pleks (empty net)

all score for Montreal, while

P.J Axelsson (short handed)

Samsonov (Powerplay, great setup by Murray/Thornton)

will get the 2 for Boston.

:ghg:

NHL Hockey! I can't believe it was two years ago we last where here.

Anyway I predict that the Habs will lose this game to the Bruis by the score of 6-4.

* Steve Begin will score shorthanded.

* Chris Higgins will have two point.

* The line with Bulis and Bonk will dominate but be unable to score. Maybe Plekanec will hit the post...

* Joe Thornton will put one in the empty net.

Let's hope that the crystal ball is rusty after a year in the wardrobe.

Originally posted by shortcat1

What does NHL06 (or some other similar game) predict based upon the present line-ups, etc..

NHL06 can't really give you that prediction as anybody who hasn't yet played an NHL game is absent, correct?

Thus guys like ovechkin, crosby, perezhogin, carter, ivanans, and streit are not in the game.:mad:

Originally posted by Habs71

NHL06 is better in my option way better hockey game and  hated 2k5.

06 is better if you've got four controllers on a gamecube playing with friends, but I just bought 2k6 and I wouldn't trade it for 06 as far as playing the franchise mode goes. Much better one-player hockey game.