Interesting Habs Sweater Discussion (LONG)

GHT120

***NOT*** that I want to mess with the classic ... but if the Habs were to look at a permanent third sweater then there are some interesting ideas here ... More realistically, just a celebration of fan creativity.

https://twitter.com/search?q=montreal canadiens&src=typed_query&f=live

His "top ten" from the submissions starts at 23:10 mark

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That's a link to the Habs Twitter feed ... was there a specific post?

Apologies for the pasting error:

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Thanks!

Lots of very good-looking and creative designs the Habs could milk as one-shots for some fabricated occasion ... but have to say I like both of the finalists.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Lots of very good-looking and creative designs the Habs could milk as one-shots for some fabricated occasion ... but have to say I like both of the finalists.

Which ones were the finalists? I had to play without audio.

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Which ones were the finalists? I had to play without audio.

Right at the very end  (32-ish minutes) ... the one on the right "won" ...

image.png

Liked both because of the colour ... but the abundance of fleur-de-lys in the winner makes it look like a Nordiques ripoff IMO (below) ...

image.png

My favourite DRAMATIC option (sans the brown) was
image.png

But my favourites were:
image.pngimage.png

These are all screen captures from the above YouTube Video.

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Id go back to some of the throwbacks (white with blue stripe, the CA, the 91-92 3rd jersey for the nhl 75th) before a new design.

Philosophically agree ... but they have already made their money off the best of those in and around the centennial season ... any new 3rd sweater or "special event" sweater is really just to be a money-maker. 

36 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Philosophically agree ... but they have already made their money off the best of those in and around the centennial season ... any new 3rd sweater or "special event" sweater is really just to be a money-maker. 

Bring back the 91-92 third jersey... . 30 years later there is money to be made there. 

Or the 24-25 jersey http://www.nhluniforms.com/Canadiens/Canadiens05.html   Haven't sold that one yet

I don't want a jersey that honours the Montreal Maroons or the Quebec Nordiques... NOPE... when they existed, they were the Habs biggest rivals. No jersey to honour a different franchise, and one that was a rival. 

• Like 1

Most team can barely come up with 1 good jersey and many alternate (retired version) jerseys are pretty bad, a la puke Yellow Bruin one or that seizure inducing candy-striped hab one.

But, if they want to get more of fans $$, i suppose is easy way to go.