our d-men

pfloro

our defense held up well tonight.

mind you a defense is more than the actual 6 or 7 specifically designated guys. it's also the goalie and the forwards who come back to cover the oppositon players.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Couldn't agree more about Bouillon!

He was excellent. He is very tough to beat 1 on 1, which he has been for some time. Good to see that his strong positional play and focus on strength training is working for him and us.

Markov some bad high risk passes but overall alright

Souray had a few good shots but also had a couple of suspect decisions and doesn't use his size enough.

Komisarek doesn't look out of place out there but i was glad to see him playing against the third and fourth line primarily. That shoudn't last though, he gets better all the time. More body contact too.

Dandenault really is fast. His speed, good passing and vision will definitely help.

Rivet, sufficient, but really needs to lay more of the body and use his size to energize this team like a true leader must.

For the first game against a big strong team i thought the D looked alright though I still want more energy and crisper passing.

The Saint, very nicely said. Sourays booming shot is a bit scary too. When he gets the shot on net I always think someone or something is going to deflect the puck. Puts added pressure on the goalie.

Bouillon did play well and deserves to be acknoledged for his play. Markov is a high risk guy, but when he connects on the long pass it is worth it. There were breakdowns around Jose many times, but with the new rules you really cannot hold and grab any more. Going to be an interesting year for the defenceman...

Bouillon's speed is underrated he is small, but strong and very fast.

Sourray's puck handling skills worry me, he always seems to lose the puck off of his stick or has trouble recieving passes, the more i see him the more i notice it. I find it very scary b/c at any time he can turn the puck over on routine passes between D men.

It's just too bad that Axelsson saw him coming...would have been nice to see him get plastered with an open ice hit..... I can't stand how he dives and complains all game long....

I thought that Komisarek was the steadiest of the defensemen. Bouillon and Dandenault are all over the place, but they don't play smart hockey. The team will be better when they can be replaced, especially on the powerplay.

Dandenault had a strong game. Bouillon saved a couple of goals (a diving play where he chipped the puck out of the crease comes to mind) and played great offensively. He deserved the number one spot.

'Everyone sees what they want to see..."

True. And what you want to see is the FC screwing up. Maybe if you actually watched them you'd see that 5 isn't too many.

In my inbiased opinion..;)....the weakest links on the team are Dagenais, Ribeiro, Bouillon and Dandenault. I have 0 confidence in those 4.

edit...add Danis to that list if he has to play.

[Edited on 2005/10/6 by beckham]

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Are you sure you don't want to add Theo and Begin to that list Beckham?:que:

[Edited on 2005/10/6 by dark_faerie87]

Theo is on that list in every other thread and I bet he'd rather have Vandermeer than Begin or Ivanans, too.

At the moment, Komisarek and Danis are the weakest link on the team. Komisarek is inconsistent and while he throws his body around, misses a lot of checks. Danis had a bad preseason and let in some weak goals. The two will get better but for now I don't like them much. Dagenais also has some flaws. But he scores, so that's okay.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Are you sure you don't want to add Theo and Begin to that list Beckham?:que:

[Edited on 2005/10/6 by dark_faerie87]

Theo is on that list in every other thread and I bet he'd rather have Vandermeer than Begin or Ivanans, too.

At the moment, Komisarek and Danis are the weakest link on the team. Komisarek is inconsistent and while he throws his body around, misses a lot of checks. Danis had a bad preseason and let in some weak goals. The two will get better but for now I don't like them much. Dagenais also has some flaws. But he scores, so that's okay.

Lol, I was making a joke by adding in the other two French players on the team, hence the Quebec flag.

Komisarek played that 3 on 1 perfectly when Bouillon hung him out by pinching and getting caught deep in the Bruisn zone. If that happened the other way round you guys would be crucifying Komo and babbling about how Boo Boo saves his ass....:eyes:

Komo is probbaly one of the fan favourites on this site and Bouillon gets no respect or recognition. If Komisarek got burnt people would say he's still young and he's still adjusting to the new style or something like that. For the first half of the season atleast, Bouillon will be MUCH more valuable than Komisarek. But Komo will probably still be liked more than Bouillon after it.

Originally posted by beckham

In my inbiased opinion..;)....the weakest links on the team are Dagenais, Ribeiro, Bouillon and Dandenault. I have 0 confidence in those 4.

edit...add Danis to that list if he has to play.

[Edited on 2005/10/6 by beckham]

Better to have Bouillon than your favorite Hainsey. At least he shows up for work, unlike Hainsey who has trouble figuring out what team he is on. And how to pass a puck. Hainsey knows how to check which could be a valuable asset for the Habs if he gets rid of the permanent brain cramp.

Originally posted by beckham

Myeeh....Boo Boo is a four time waiver guy by my count. #5 isn't too far in the future....

Boo Boo... you're a funny, beck...

You sound like one of the cartoon favourites of my youth... Yogi Bear. I'll play the part of Ranger Smith :D:lol::D

I am less concerned about anyone mentioned on this thread than i am for Souray.

Realizing that some guys take longer to shake off rust, i just worry about some of his decisions and his poor passing and nonchalante brain cramp moments. You know, when he lifts his head and the puck hops over his blade...or he wiffs on a pass...start counting.

Markov was awesome tonight, or maybe i just wanted to see that, but either way i am glad for the outcome.