Perezhogin vs. Dagenais

zumpano21

Now I know it's only one game but when Zednik returns I expect Dagenais to be riding pine for most of the season. He blew through so many Rangers tonight it's hard to believe that they won't keep him in the lineup. I expect more of the same through the year.

Damn! That kid's good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not Julien. Some of the decisions(spl) that he and his coaching staff have and will have to make are tough ones. But it is good to see the team gaining more depth like it has. I think it's a good problem to have. :/)

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by VaughanHabfan]

I'd take Perezhogin over Dagenais anyday from my comfy armchair anyway.

And it depends on whose perspective you mean when speaking about Begin. I think overall, for an energy guy, he gets plenty of cudos form the coaching staff, other players, aware media and aware fans.

Higgins is just great to watch and i feel better about him every game.

The problem with the Ribeiro line is that there is one playmaker, two finishers, and no grinder/defensive player. Things don't look good for Dagenais since Ryder seems to be doing the finishing, and Dags ain't about to become a grinder or backchecker. Look for him to be replaced by a quicker two way winger.

With our next game against the laffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ivanans play, freeing up either Higgins or Pleks for second line duty. I thought that they might have done that tonight, but they didn't. We shall see if my prediction comes true on Saturday.

I hate to say it this early, but Dags is losing his spot.

He's taking some bad penalties and playing his usual defensive play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit next game with either Plekanec or Higgins in his place. Ivanans should be in for a battle with Domi, and Zednik is injured, so Dags might be the odd man out considering his play of late.

Originally posted by Trizzak

I hate to say it this early, but Dags is losing his spot.

He's taking some bad penalties and playing his usual defensive play.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit next game with either Plekanec or Higgins in his place. Ivanans should be in for a battle with Domi, and Zednik is injured, so Dags might be the odd man out considering his play of late.

I quite agree, even though I was hoping Dags might play well this year, it appears not to be the case. Maybe some time in the pressbox will change his game.

I'd like to see what Plekanec can do on that line this Saturday against Toronto. (Or Higgins cause he's used the wing.)

Perez - Koivu - Kovalev

Plekanec - Ribiero - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Begin - Ivanans

Sexy.

I love players like Perezhogin that can carry along the perfectly executed tic tac to type plays of the soviet era....have seen him doing it in Internatinal Competition as well as during the pre-saison games....and I wouldnt worry about is ability to finish as well......as his goal tonight and his success during those pre-saison choot-outs where good demonstrations of his aptitude to do well at the end of the tic tac to equation.

I am glad the CH picked him up and its great to have him right in time to take advantage of the NHL's New Ice Age.

Its a treat the CH as him in line-up to replace injured wingers of the first two lines. Zednick being out with a groin injury should be out for a few games so we will have the chance to se him play a little more with the best of them.

No need to compare his playing style with Dagenais,...they are so obviously different....Julien as asked his players to shoot more than they did against Boston.....its productive to shoot.....Dagenais can shoot with the best of them....he was part of the successfull second line last season....17 in 50 with +15...hopefully this will happen again.

Dags looked to me like he was playing with everything he had last night. This guy IMO put in as big an effort as he can....there was no floating.

The problem is he just did dumb things. It was like watching a 10 year old play street hockey at times.

There is no secret that I want Dags gone, gone like last year. I don't hate him, I just think he is not good enough for his position.

The thing that pisses me off is that the Habs have better players to replace him on the roster right now. Even keeping Hossa for that spot would have been an upgrade.

Get rid of him please.

Perez looked good, for the most part. However, he'll no doubt have his lapses as the year goes on, as rookies will. As for Dags, I don't think we should overreact. Some that are willing to give certain players time to adjust to the new season/new rules haven't been willing to extend this to Dags. During Perez's ramp-up, Dags is a decent (and cheap) depth player to put in during the lapses, or to cover injuries.

Dags will undoubtedly be obsolete at some point, but there's no need to send him anywhere now.

There are too many forwards on this team and somebody has to go. I'd take my chances with Higgins, Plekanac and Perezhogin over Dagenais. THey all skate better, play better defense and have more upside than Dagenais.

I'd like to say trade Dagenais, but what do you get for a guy that has no goals and about 5 penalties in 2 games? Especially when you got shit for Hossa who has 2 goals in two game?

I know its way too early to worry about it, but Souray has looked terrible out there. If he doesn't shape up in a few weeks, maybe Montreal might have to look at making a move.

But on the whole, I am extremely happy and excitied about the season so far and GO HABS GO

The problem is, if you replace Dagenais with Perezhogin, you still have a line of 3 players who are not great defensively.

Last night what painful to watch. When Ribeiro wasnt around his blueline waiting for Souray & Dandenault to get the puck and dared to backcheck and help out defensively, he was overwhelmed. Dagenais and Ryder were even worst. I dont think I've seen any of those two backcheck past the circles.

Thing is... Zednik isnt that great defensively either. So there's not that many options for Julien as far as complementing wingers for Ribs & Ryder goes.

I'd try this:

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Zednik

Dagenais/Ivanans/Sundstrom - Plekanec - Begin

Perezhogin can keep up with the two top vets Koivu & Kovalev, who in return can carry the line.

Higgins adds speed & defensive awareness to Ribs & Ryder, all the while being able to follow offensively.

Zednik goes back to his natural position and adds offense to the 3rd line. Bulis & Bonk can cover defensively for Zednik.

Plekanec & Begin are great at creating things with their speed & energy. Should rub off anyone who plays on their line.

I think zhogin played well last night and with a few more games under his belt will be inserted in the lineup on a regular basis. Like a lot of you said he did hold onto the puck a little long but I feel that will stop after gaining a few games experience.

As for Dagenais, he is slow, and he is a defensive liability every time he steps on the ice. For a guy 6'4 he is the biggest p***y I have ever seen. Furthermore, I think his work ethic stinks and his stupid penalties drive me nuts. I dont think Zhogin will have to play his way into the lineup because personally I think Dags is just giving his spot away. I havent seen any evidence as to why the coaching staff would keep dags in the lineup unless his play drastically improves.

PS: Souray is also not playing up to his level but I think he will turn it around.

GO HABS GO!!!!

I like the idea of having a strong 2way player on Ribeiro's wing. Either Higgins, or maybe even Bulis, could fill that roll pretty well.

From what I've seen of Ribeiro so far this year, I'm definetly not impressed. I was under the impression that he was going to excell in the new NHL??? What happened to that???

Originally posted by Makh2o

From what I've seen of Ribeiro so far this year, I'm definetly not impressed. I was under the impression that he was going to excell in the new NHL??? What happened to that???

Yeah, I had the same expectations and its kinda dissapointing so far. For that matter, Koivu is in the same boat. I'd have thought that Saku would have looked much better with the new rules but he's been somewhat invisible so far.

I dont know, maybe Julien has a new system for the new rules and Ribs & Koivu have trouble assimilating it. I'm not too worried though.

Originally posted by beckham

Steve Begin played a great game, but doesn't seem to be getting much credit. He and Chris Higgins skated miles out there.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I could not agree more. These guys looked great!

Perezhogin should be on the first line as he looked good there.

beckham raised another point about the second line. There should be someone with grit on there as two scorers and a playmaker make for a weak line.