Perezhogin vs. Dagenais

zumpano21

Dags or perezoghin?

I was one of dag's fans, but from what I've seen in the last two games, I woudn't touch the first line:

Perezoghin - Koivu - Kovalev

Zednick should go on the second line:

Zednik - Ribiero - Ryder

Third and fourth would be:

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Bégin - Plekanec

F##k size and cheking, speed kills, this lineup is great (except for Sundstrom)

:ghg::/):clap::que::can::king::D:ghg:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PMAC

Bullis the Habbie, if I remember your details correctly, I've been a dedicated Habs fan for many years before you were born so I dont think you have the right to tell me that i should find another forum to express my opinions if they go against prevailing "wisdom" :nono:

I'm not sure where this came from. I've been joking around with shortcat1 all day. It was matsnaslund who told him to get serious. Anyway, I think Zednik should keep his spot on the first line. I heard he has no chemistry with Ribs. And both of them are kind of hogs. Sure, Ribeiro is a playmaker but he likes to have his fair share of dekes.

It came from this:

Quote:

"If someone decided to trade Dagenais for Ovechkin after one game, would you be against it? If yes, maybe this isn't your site." ( bolding added)

It just goes to show that I shouldnt post at 3AM-- when I'm tired I get a little grumpy and I interpreted that statement more strongly than it was probably intended. Mea Culpa

The point was that there are exceptions. SO you think Dagenais is better than Ovechkin? And oh yeah, I'm selling my house...

The only way to try and trade Dagenais is to let him play and if/when he gets hot, and scores a bunch of goals, dump him. Unfortunatley playing him is required there. I'd rather have Plekanac, Higgins, Perezhogin or even Ivanans in the lineup.

If I were Gainey, I'd send Dagenais to Hamilton. If he gets claimed off waivers, so much the better

I agree. He's just not good enough to crack this year's roster. He has no trade value. I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Don't ask me how he scored 17 goals in 50 games last year.

That was the point I was trying to make -- you dont trade any player, but especially a streaky player like Dags-- when he is cold, you cant get anything. We dont have to make a trade now so eventually Dags will get chance, maybe he will contribute.

I'd love to see BG trade Dags for a good player or a 2nd round draft pick, but we should wait until we find out if these lovely anti- obstruction application of the rules will stay or as in the past they water it down at mid-season.

:hlogo: Dagenais is taking valuable ice time away from Perezhogin, Plecanek and Higgins. Alone we get nothing for him and if we send him to Hamilton we lose him on waivers. So send him along with Sundstrom who's a good two way player ( that can't put the puck in the ocean) to Colorado for I. Laperriere who's a great two way player with speed & grit. And not to mention a French Canadien who will become even better when he puts the C-H on. Also I would try to get something for Hainsey who's probably had his last chance with us. Ship Hainsey and C. Locke who I like but we have enough small centres to the Rangers for J. Paiement & A. Giroux two more Frencj Canadien kids with some good skill, size and grit.

Dagenais has his uses, he's massive and not that slow. Big players always look slower than they are. I don't remember if it was in pre-season or against Boston, but remember that break away goal he had. The other teams D. were chasing hard and he was still moving faster. Looks like a lumbering giant but he has skills.

We shouldn't have all of our players exactly the same and he brings something different.

[EDIT: Threads were merged, so you can ignore the rest of this message... thx Puck.]

Hey guys, this would probably be a better place to discuss this topic...

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3815

;) I'm sure you'll find many people agree with your thoughts there.

[Edited on 10/10/05 by Macaskill]

the problem with Dagenais being traded is that his value with the CH is far greater than his value without. This is independant of whatever value we assign him. He has only been able to produce with Ribeiro and other teams will look at his 'tools' and not be willing to take a chance.

I suppose we all have our opinions on the P vs D issue. Me, I wouldn't like to get rid of him. At worst, he could be part of the depth that we have to work with.

Remember, he can be sent down to Hamilton and brought back up when needed. I don't know for sure about the waiver thing but, he's still part of our total depth.

Keep Dagenais. His time in the pressbox will open his eyes. When he gets inserted back into the lineup, he'll be ready to rip it up. He's gotta be one of the best depth guys we'll ever have. He's got numerous deficiencies, but if we can keep him on his game by letting him know he has to play every shift to earn his spot with Ribeiro, I think he'll respond. And a guy who lead our team in Goals Per Game last NHL season is a good person to have as depth.

I agree that dagenais should be kept as depth, which means in the pressbox. The question is what to do with perezhogin when zednik comes back. I think it should go like this

zednik-koivu-kovalev

perezhogin-ribeiro-ryder

bulis-bonk-sundstrom

plekanec-higgins-begin

Whichever of the second or fourth lines is playing better will get the most ice time. The interchangability of the habs players this year puts the emphasis more on line combinations than on a depth chart where the second line gets way more ice time than the fourth. Higgins played well with ribs and ryder on saturday so perezhogin could go to a line with plekanec and begin as well which would compete with the ribs line for ice time each night. For depth we have dagenais and ivanans who can come on for injuries or as needed.