Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs | 10/08/05

Spider-Man NL

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The only red is the outline of their logo. Do the Blackhawks wear green because one of the feathers on the Indians hair is green? No.

Away jersey: Red band on bottom of jersey, Red outlining on letters, red collar, red band on sleeves

Home jersey: Red letters, numbers, red band on bottom of jersey, red band on sleeves.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's still not a dominant color. The Habs have much more blue than they have red as the third color. It's only minor. And they still WEAR white and blue just a bit of another colour as well.

You can also say the Habs won in White and Blue in 68-71, 73, 76-79, 86 and 93 and I suppose the Avs in 96 and 2001. If we go to the extremes.

Originally posted by lazy26

I predict that 2 more Leafs will be injured after tonight.

If it's Czerkawski or Kaberle that get injured then the Leafs are finished. Their top 5 players are injury prone for the rest of the season. Or atleast for a while.

Well I won't be able to contribute to the attempt to beat the thread records tonight.. as I will be at home, in my comfy bed watching, and I reapeat, WATCHING the game! :D:):P

But I know all of y'all can pull it off ;)

Habs win 5-1 tonight :)

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Natural Mystic

Well I won't be able to contribute to the attempt to beat the thread records tonight.. as I will be at home, in my comfy bed watching, and I reapeat, WATCHING the game! :D:):P

But I know all of y'all can pull it off ;)

Habs win 5-1 tonight :)

GO HABS GO!!!!!!

With that post you did contribute. We are now on page #3 with 7 hours until the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=139091&hubname=

(Sports Network) - The Montreal Canadiens go after a 3-0 start to their season tonight when they visit the Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre.

After beginning the season with a 2-1 win in Boston on Wednesday, the Habs managed a 4-3 overtime victory at the Rangers the following night.

Against New York, Michael Ryder scored his second game-winning goal in as many nights, this one 2:10 into overtime. Ryder, who scored the game-winning goal with 11.1 seconds left in Montreal's win over Boston, finished with two goals and Jose Theodore stopped 16 shots between the pipes.

Christopher Higgins and Alexander Perezhogin both notched their first NHL career goals for the Canadiens.

Ryder's start is hardly a surprise after his rookie 2003-04 season in which he broke out with 25 goals and 38 assists in 81 games.

The Canadiens will host Ottawa on Tuesday night.

Toronto, meanwhile, became the first NHL team to ever lose a game via shootout Wednesday. The rival Senators beat the Leafs, 3-2, as Daniel Alfredsson and Dany Heatley both scored in the shootout to provide the difference.

Eric Lindros played his first game in a Maple Leafs uniform and scored late in the third period for Toronto, which fell to 33-41-14 all-time in its season- opening games. Defenseman Bryan McCabe also scored for the Maple Leafs, who received 21 saves from 40-year old goaltender Ed Belfour. Tomas Kaberle registered an assist on both Toronto markers.

Toronto captain Mats Sundin left the game in the first period after the puck hit him in the eye. Sundin suffered a fractured orbital bone and is sidelined indefinitely.

The Maple Leafs will host Philadelphia on Tuesday.

Toronto went 4-2 against Montreal in 2003-04.

ryder_79762.jpg

People think it means nothing because it's only the first 3 games but 6 points is the difference between 6th and 5th or maybe even fourth. At the end of the year when we end up 1 point behind a team and 1 ahead of another you'll look back at the importance of these games. They count for just as much as the season closer that decides whether or not you get home ice advantage in the playoffs: it's a potential two points. What more, it's momentum and a win against our rival compared with the best starting record in the legaue will carry us into the season.

Originally posted by Tony
Originally posted by puck7x

Oh yeah, a challange for you guys. Lets make this the biggest thread in HW history, you have my permission to go crazy.

CRAZY CRAZY?

OH YEAH

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

YA HABS!

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

This could be one great sports day or it could be disastours.

Habs could win and the Yankees could be elminated from the playoffs...

And Don Cherry can fall flat on his face but what are the chances?

Habs win 4-1, Plekanec gets first NHL goal, Ryder scores again, Koivu gets his first of the season, as well as Markov.....Antropov scores for the leafs.... Theres my Psychic perdiction for tonight.:/)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by les_glorieux

yes Hockey Night in Canada is back! yeah we'll definitely need a better effort than last night, but i'm anxious to see how the higgins-ribeiro-ryder line plays and to see ivanas fight for the first time!

You mean Hockey Night in Toronto on the Communist Broadcasting Corporation.

I will be watching RDS all the way instead of listening to how the Leafs are doomed with Sundin out. I cannot believe Rivet said the Leafs have depth. hahahaha now that was nice of him to butter them up.

I don't know if he believes that or not but it is pretty well a known fact that a really good way to ensure another team will REALLY go 110% at yours is to put them down. It puts a challenge to them that's hard to ignore.

So, if Rivet believes that, it doesn't matter. If he did it to divert some of the Leafs focus, then go for it, whether it works or not.

Originally posted by Trizzak

My "leafs fan" buddy is going to his brother's wedding tomorrow. I'm invited, but I've decided to wait till after the game, and then I can go to the reception and gloat about how the Habs won 8 - 2 and everybody on the Leafs got injured (just minor day to day injuries shortcat, I'm not calling for everyone's career to end :/))

Priorities, you know... :D

I bet the habs get burnt by some former players again (last game by Hossa/Rucinsky) ... I'm guessing one or more of Kilger/Tucker/Czerkawski will score tonight.

As for the actual game result, well... I dunno what I'm feeling. Go habs go is all I can say.

Don't we all have these distinct dreams driven by an uncertainty that keeps clouding over us.

I sometimes wake from dreams where I arrive at work and discover that I forgot to get dressed... panic sets in. But then, I wake up and realize "It's only a dream" and that it hasn't happened in the last 37 years, it's not about to start now. (But those flying dreams are really neat.)

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by shortcat1]

Man, this is just like waiting for Christmas..........The first Habs/Leafs matchup in a year and a half....frig im almost shaking in anticipation!!!!

Oh yeah, a challange for you guys. Lets make this the biggest thread in HW history, you have my permission to go crazy.

Really? Wow! Can we challenge you to improve on your spelling-challange too? ;);););)

All right, were up to page four with 6 hours left plus the 3 for the game itself.... Hopefully ill hit the AHL tonight.:/)

This must be the most quoted post in HW history. I think 5 people quoted it already.

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

All right, were up to page four with 6 hours left plus the 3 for the game itself.... Hopefully ill hit the AHL tonight.:/)

Does the game start at 7 or 7:30? I'd guess 7:30.