July 28, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 8 PM

dlbalr

Lines are based on practice units but there will likely be some changes.  Teams can dress an extra forward and defenceman as well.

Toronto.jpg

Nylander - Matthews - Hyman

Mikheyev - Tavares - Marner

Robertson - Kerfoot - Kapanen

Clifford - Engvall - Spezza

Muzzin - Holl

Rielly - Ceci

Dermott - Barrie

Andersen

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Weise - Domi - Weal

Chiarot - Weber

Kulak - Petry

Ouellet - Mete

Price

Puck drop is at 8 PM on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

• dlbalr changed the title to July 28, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 8 PM

Woot! We can accomplish a lot with a win here:

1. Instil renewed confidence, that it’s a whole new season, that the page has been turned; and

2. Sow the seed of doubt in TO, the fear that they’re headed for yet another post season flop. 

Arguably one of the most meaningful exhibition games in a long time. Maybe since the ‘76 New Year’s Eve game when the Habs dominated the Soviets but got badly out-goaltended. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Lines are based on practice units but there will likely be some changes.  Teams can dress an extra forward and defenceman as well.

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Weise - Domi - Weal

Chiarot - Weber

Kulak - Petry

Ouellet - Mete

Price

Puck drop is at 8 PM on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

Hopefully the extra D is Fleury as I would rather him at 3RHD than Mete on his offside ...  would then like to "The Fly" Mete and Ouellette as the strengths of each seem to be the weakness of the other

At forward likely between Poehling and Evans ... think Evans more likely to be useful NOW ... still hope Poehling and surpass him in the next year or two

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Woot! We can accomplish a lot with a win here:

1. Instil renewed confidence, that it’s a whole new season, that the page has been turned; and

2. Sow the seed of doubt in TO, the fear that they’re headed for yet another post season flop. 

Arguably one of the most meaningful exhibition games in a long time. Maybe since the ‘76 New Year’s Eve game when the Habs dominated the Soviets but got badly out-goaltended. 

I am of two minds on the second point ... TO loses and the NHL likely rigs (;)) another lottery to give Leafs lafreniere

18 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Our first line... the TADAGA-line...

If they had Andreas Athanasiou on RW the line wouldn't be as good but the nickname would be better: TADAAA

Admittedly circa 2014 ... but the spirit is always the same

Tonight's lines with Fleury and Belzile as the extras:

EeC7jmhXYAI1T4m?format=jpg

I think they should have waited a game to debut that little slogan 'Every Game Counts'.  It's an exhibition game that literally counts for nothing...

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Tonight's lines with Fleury and Belzile as the extras:

EeC7jmhXYAI1T4m?format=jpg

I think they should have waited a game to debut that little slogan 'Every Game Counts'.  It's an exhibition game that literally counts for nothing...

Glad Fleury is getting a chance ... IMO best option of 3RHD

SHOCKED that Belzile is dressing ... thought Poehling or Evans would get the chance ... Alex only played 20 games this season (all in Laval) ... all three are centres so any of them might make sense to replace Weise ... if only for depth on faceoffs ... unless Dale is playing much better than he did this season (in AHL or NHL) of course

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That was a power play?!?!?

For the habs this season ... yes

1 minute ago, illWill said:

I dont care if we lose this game and then the next 3, I'm just glad I am watching hockey

True

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Glad Fleury is getting a chance ... IMO best option of 3RHD

SHOCKED that Belzile is dressing ... thought Poehling or Evans would get the chance ... Alex only played 20 games this season (all in Laval) ... all three are centres so any of them might make sense to replace Weise ... if only for depth on faceoffs ... unless Dale is playing much better than he did this season (in AHL or NHL) of course

I have no problems with Belzile being in.  As far as I'm concerned, he should be in the lineup on that fourth line.  He's a lot better than Weise and outperformed Evans and Poehling considerably in Laval before getting hurt.  Had he not had the shoulder injury, he'd have been a regular for the Habs in the second half.

12 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That was a power play?!?!?

Midseason form right there...

IMO it is NEVER a "clean hit" when the opponent goes flying uncontrollably into the boards ... Glad Belzile seemed OK

Anthony Stewart has a ways to go as a broadcaster, I'll tell you what. I mean, good to have diversity there for sure, but yikes.

And Eliott Friedman must have dug up Karl Marx's corpse and stolen his beard...

Kelly Hrudey, meanwhile, had the classiest set-up by far. Great suit to boot.

Wow, Belzile got just clobbered. Concussion spotters better be on the ball.

I've got the TSN690 radio broadcast (off their website) synced up to the TVA broadcast ... used TVA because if the su=ync proved to be a pain I rather suffer through TVA than the Sportsnet guys.

Habs look rusty. Not sure we’re allowed to look rusty.