Aug. 1, Game 1 - Habs vs Penguins, 8 PM

dlbalr

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lots of analysts on twitter saying 3rd game of the day, the ice is shit, you can't try that deke, you just gotta shoot.

A player a reasonable measure of hockey IQ and power of observation would be well aware of that.  Drouin's is looooow.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Lots of analysts on twitter saying 3rd game of the day, the ice is shit, you can't try that deke, you just gotta shoot.

Then Drouin needs to see that and adjust.

That kind of play is supposed to be his jam. Instead, like the Drouin he is,  he pisses it away.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Then Drouin needs to see that and adjust.

That kind of play is supposed to be his jam. Instead, like the Drouin he is,  he pisses it away.

Oh its 100% on Drouin, i'm not excusing him for making a terrible decision. 

Its a bad decision to try what he tried. 

There we go boys.

Gallagher 9 shots

Tatar managed 0 shots, next game he will bury a couple.

Kulak 1a and seemed pretty quiet & steady game.

23:10 for Suzuki.

Nice to see 87 get worked over often, even if Chiarot was "bit" over aggressive once.

Just now, Commandant said:

This feels like the game when Plekanec scored against Washington in Game 1 OT. 

To me it feels better than that, because it’s a 5-game series. The Pens have let Price establish his mojo, the kids get their confidence up, the team believing. That is big danger for them - they need to win 3/4 now.

Huge stealing game 1 like that.  Suzuki should be feeling like a world beater tonight after his great goal and amazing work on the PK.  For next game I want more Suzuki, more Domi higher in the lineup, less penalties, and less (if any!) Drouin. 

1 minute ago, brobin said:

Honestly, hoping they get a shot at the draft pick... we need to build a better team, not squeak in to a single playoff round..

Go hope somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sbhatt said:

Huge stealing game 1 like that.  Suzuki should be feeling like a world beater tonight after his great goal and amazing work on the PK.  For next game I want more Suzuki, more Domi higher in the lineup, less penalties, and less (if any!) Drouin. 

Suzuki is going to be a good one. No doubt about that. 

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I would not be surprised if Drouin is dealt. Assuming some fool team wants him.

Carey Price. The man.

2 minutes ago, brobin said:

Honestly, hoping they get a shot at the draft pick... we need to build a better team, not squeak in to a single playoff round..

I once thought like you.  But that was before seeing Suzuki tonight and believing his ceiling might be legit #1C

Too much hating on Drouin. It bothers me because to do well we will need him. 

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would not be surprised if Drouin is dealt. Assuming some fool team wants him.

I'd take 5 pucks and a roll of tape.  If nobody wants him, let him room with Alzner in Laval.

Just now, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Too much hating on Drouin. It bothers me because to do well we will need him. 

He earned every bit of the hate...we don't WANT him to suck...he just does time and time again!!!  And worse than being useless, he takes 2 lazy penalties to boot.