Leafs fans panicking already...

hankhab

I was just visiting Laughs Nation....even Leaf fans are beginning to see the shortcomings of their team...can you believe Berg and Belak were out there together? What is Pat Quinn thinking? Has he become as delusional as the Toronto media? Also, I don't think Allison will be able to adjust to the new NHL...he's probably the slowest player in the league, and that just doesn't work. Lindros, however, continues to look good, we need a guy like Komi in there to lay a shoulder into that guy. Anyhow, panic is setting in in laf town, just wait untill the Sens beat them up Monday night.

Originally posted by hankhab

I was just visiting Laughs Nation....even Leaf fans are beginning to see the shortcomings of their team...can you believe Berg and Belak were out there together? What is Pat Quinn thinking? Has he become as delusional as the Toronto media? Also, I don't think Allison will be able to adjust to the new NHL...he's probably the slowest player in the league, and that just doesn't work. Lindros, however, continues to look good, we need a guy like Komi in there to lay a shoulder into that guy. Anyhow, panic is setting in in laf town, just wait untill the Sens beat them up Monday night.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They were so Hyped that Berg and Belak were back and going to pound our rather small forwards.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The T-DOT media bult this up and the flock believed them. Lindros only looked good because Theo gave away 3 goals last night. An early christmas present.

I am eager to hear the T-Dot talk shows Monday.

i really liked some of the user comments on the TSN game wrap-up... They all wanted to throw out belak and berg and bring up the young hotshots out of the farm!

When's the last time you heard toronto fans drooling over the farm? Pretty funny.

I hate injuries, even as a Habs fan (and Leafs' cynic) I'm dissapointed to see Sundin out. He's a classy guy and a great player.

Sundin going out is the best thing that could happen for J. Ferguson Jr., all of a sudden he's got a brillant excuse for his poor planning and sub par team...

Sports fans always single out individuals to place the blame of a team on - Toronto sports fans have a particularly bad habit of this... just ask Vince Carter, hehe... Belak and Berg are crap but they are only the beginning of the Leafs problem.

What I find most comical is that the problems the Leafs are having now are only the beginning, only beginning of the problems of this year and for the long term as well - think about how long it took for Montreal to develop the system they currently have... doesn't Gainey profess that it's a 3-5 year plan to build a winner...

Imagine the frenzy the Leafs media will be in when the outlook is the same for next year (except with Allison, Delfour et al. a year older)...

I smell trouble, big trouble...

Obviously the reason for their ineptitute is that Czerkawski is sucking and not scoring.

They should teach him a lesson, send him down to the minors for the year.

I'm sure that, when they finally call him up again, he'll still not have learnt his "lesson".

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

On the fan 590 in T-DOT the flock were calling in saying Czerkawski was a 40 goal guy and played good for Montreal. HELLO!!!!

it's revisionist history -- wow they are panicking!

I'm not sure I understand why the title of this thread contains the word "already". As far as I can see from the leaf's lineup and prospects, Leaf Nation surely should have started panicking in the summer of 2003 if not earlier.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

On the fan 590 in T-DOT the flock were calling in saying Czerkawski was a 40 goal guy and played good for Montreal.  HELLO!!!!

:lol:

[sarcasm]

Wow, and Chad Kilger was a 30 goal scorer with a huge mean streak who would crush opponents with his massive size.

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by simonus

don't forget dino sisto - the habs dont have a 20 goal scorer on the team

I notice that after Sisto penned his sour grapes diatribe in September, he decided to write on American football only in his next three columns!

Originally posted by hankhab

Yes, Lindros didn't look that bad at all. I don't believe that having someone like Komisarek take him out is the answer to this situation. In my mind, I do hope that he does ok because things have been very rough for him for quite a while. Some of it may have been of his own making (we are ALL our own worst enemies) but, for the League's sake, for the game's sake, if he does do well, he could be another source of good PR.

I'm not hoping for him to play well for the Leafs' sake (though they will benefit from it), it's just that after the lock-out and the damage that was done by that, NHL hockey needs all the positive PR it can get.

Originally posted by simonus

i really liked some of the user comments on the TSN game wrap-up... They all wanted to throw out belak and berg and bring up the young hotshots out of the farm!  

When's the last time you heard toronto fans drooling over the farm?  Pretty funny.

The problem with that is that, on the Leafs' farm, there isn't a whole lot of quality stuff available. It's a result of selling the future in order to get a quick shot at success, (à la New York Rangers) and, like the Rangers, it hasn't worked.

So, look to the farm but, alas, it was mortgaged for a crop that didn't work out.

Originally posted by HaliHab

I hate injuries, even as a Habs fan (and Leafs' cynic) I'm dissapointed to see Sundin out.  He's a classy guy and a great player.

Sundin going out is the best thing that could happen for J. Ferguson Jr., all of a sudden he's got a brillant excuse for his poor planning and sub par team...

Sports fans always single out individuals to place the blame of a team on - Toronto sports fans have a particularly bad habit of this... just ask Vince Carter, hehe... Belak and Berg are crap but they are only the beginning of the Leafs problem.  

What I find most comical is that the problems the Leafs are having now are only the beginning, only beginning of the problems of this year and for the long term as well - think about how long it took for Montreal to develop the system they currently have... doesn't Gainey profess that it's a 3-5 year plan to build a winner...

Imagine the frenzy the Leafs media will be in when the outlook is the same for next year (except with Allison, Delfour et al. a year older)...

I smell trouble, big trouble...

For their sake, they had better be ready to go through the 'valley of death' because it's going to take that for them to even get a glimpse of a banquet of glory. Gonna take the same kind of dismal days that Montreal has had to suffer. They're going to need patience and lots of it. They're going to have to 'hope' for some really high draft picks and really high draft picks that actually work out - too many don't.

By the way, macaskill, I'm back 'n yackin'.