(12) Montreal Canadiens vs (5)(1) Philadelphia Flyers - SC Playoffs - First Round Discussion

xXx..CK..xXx

6 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Habs in 6.

For three reasons..

1 - Carey Price.

2 - Suzuki and KK

3 - Carey F’in Price

I hope so.

Am I allowed to say that? :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Good news ... "the kids" keep their skilled linemates ... Danault line likely to still get top, or near top, 5-on-5 TOI as the tactic is likely again to shut down the opponents top line

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Good news ... "the kids" keep their skilled linemates ... Danault line likely to still get top, or near top, 5-on-5 TOI as the tactic is likely again to shut down the opponents top line

We don't have last change in games 1 and 2 but I'm sure CJ will look for Danault to get Hayes 

And Suzuki to get Couturier. Grant and KK. But let's see what Vign wants. Either way we will need 4 lines going to get by the flyers

Wonder what kind of shape the ice is in?

EDIT: Wrong thread

I have to give huge props to CJ for promoting both youngsters - I frankly didn't think that CJ had that boldness in him.

We do indeed have a chance to win this series:

-Price continues playing so well

-Suzuki continues playing smart hockey

-Kman continues to be involved in the play (he used to wait for the play to come to him). Kman continues to use his bigger, stronger body and he continues to go to the net.

-Weber continues his high level of play

-Petry continues to be the best player on the ice

-Drouin continues to play smart instead of stupid (extreme high risk plays that never pan out or one man army of 1 vs 5 like he used to, high risk passes that result in play going the other way followed by a Drouin penalty to try and coveer the mistake). He was better in game 3 and 4 - use your skill and work hard Drouin (when you do this, you are very dangerous)!

-if Domi can find his game (give him a better winger than Weise please).

Philly is a 4 line team kind of like we are so this series will be fun.

If Price finds that other level, I'm talking 1986 or 1993 Roy level then we can do damage.

26 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I have to give huge props to CJ for promoting both youngsters - I frankly didn't think that CJ had that boldness in him.

We do indeed have a chance to win this series:

-Price continues playing so well

-Suzuki continues playing smart hockey

-Kman continues to be involved in the play (he used to wait for the play to come to him). Kman continues to use his bigger, stronger body and he continues to go to the net.

-Weber continues his high level of play

-Petry continues to be the best player on the ice

-Drouin continues to play smart instead of stupid (extreme high risk plays that never pan out or one man army of 1 vs 5 like he used to, high risk passes that result in play going the other way followed by a Drouin penalty to try and coveer the mistake). He was better in game 3 and 4 - use your skill and work hard Drouin (when you do this, you are very dangerous)!

-if Domi can find his game (give him a better winger than Weise please).

Philly is a 4 line team kind of like we are so this series will be fun.

If Price finds that other level, I'm talking 1986 or 1993 Roy level then we can do damage.

Those are good points, but if we need to rely on Price to carry the team I am affraid we will be disappointment. Same as the Blue Jackets are today.

For me, Price need to merely be Price (excellent) without turning into monster mode (Roy); but the offense has to score as they were doing in during the season when they were on a roll. That is the challenge in my view, getting 3-4 goal production consistently from the forwards with Price winning the odd game

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

getting 3-4 goal production consistently from the forwards with Price winning the odd game

This should be their undoing, lack of scoring.

33 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Excellent news! Can we hope for Belzile-Domi-Evans?

Assuming he meant Evans (typos are a bitch) it is unclear if he was skating or practicing ... I'm guessing skating as that is usually the first step back from the type of hit he suffered.

PVR set ... including the maximum record for three hours past the scheduled end ... just in case ...can always further adjust if necessary

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Assuming he meant Evans (typos are a bitch) it is unclear if he was skating or practicing ... I'm guessing skating as that is usually the first step back from the type of hit he suffered.

he is skating with the team today. no word on when he actually rejoined the team

47 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Vorachek IN

So ill go with

Giroux  Couturier  Voracek

Laughton Hayes Konecny

VanRiems Grant Aube-Kubel

Farabee Thompson Pitlick

Provorov Niskanen

Sanheim Myers

Gostisbehere Braun

Hart

It will be interesting to see how CJ matches lines agains Philly

not the broad street bullies , but a gritty team to play against 

51 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Vorachek IN

So ill go with

Giroux  Couturier  Voracek.   1.96

Laughton Hayes Konecny.     3.29

VanRiems Grant Aube-Kubel  2.73

Farabee Thompson Pitlick.     1.31

Provorov Niskanen

Sanheim Myers

Gostisbehere Braun

Hart

Inserted above each lines' total regular season goals/60 minutes (to balance out for games played) ... the Hayes line is the most dangerous offensively ... and given Hayes' size I expect Julien will want Danault on Kevin ... I would expect he would want Suzuki on Couturier and KK on Grant, despite the "Grant line" having the better numbers 

With last change (and ignoring the likely preference every team has to play any of their top three against the opponent's 4th line) I expect Vigneault would like to have Hayes on KK as his is the least defensively oriented of the Habs top 3 lines as much as possible ... might that lead Julien to sometimes flip where we expect Danault and KK to play ... giving Drouin a more defensive centre and KK more defensive wingers?  Hope not as Suzuki and KK versus Hays and Coutrier would be great challenge for the youngsters to take on.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

PVR set ... including the maximum record for three hours past the scheduled end ... just in case ...can always further adjust if necessary

You can also watch it on now.sportsnet.ca (even after the game is finished), just log in with your Bell/Rogers user ID.

29 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

With last change (and ignoring the likely preference every team has to play any of their top three against the opponent's 4th line) I expect Vigneault would like to have Hayes on KK as his is the least defensively oriented of the Habs top 3 lines as much as possible ... might that lead Julien to sometimes flip where we expect Danault and KK to play ... giving Drouin a more defensive centre and KK more defensive wingers?  Hope not as Suzuki and KK versus Hays and Coutrier would be great challenge for the youngsters to take on.

I think both Kotkaniemi and Armia are pretty responsible defensively, with Drouin less so. Given how well the latest lines played together, I would expect Julien to start with those, and only shuffle if they are struggling against their assignments. Which, I supposed, isn't really disagreeing with you. :)

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

You can also watch it on now.sportsnet.ca (even after the game is finished), just log in with your Bell/Rogers user ID.

Thanks ... I am a Bell subscriber ... but NEVER watch Sportsnet unless there is no choice ... luckily I am bilingual ... sadly TVA has the games not RDS ... but still better than Sportsnet (IMO)

Per TSN690 ... puck drop "on time" for 8:10-ish