Glenn Healeys comments on TSN

hankhab

Just watching sportscentre on TSN..Glenn Healey was talking about the Lafs 0-2 start...I quote..."Montreal never makes the playoffs, so playing Toronto is the playoffs for them..."

Helloooo, the Habs beat Boston the last 2 times they met in the first round, so obviously, they do make the playoffs sometimes...also, moron healey, Montreal has every intention of making the playoffs, now that a real hockey guy is in charge, so get used to it. Man, I really hate it when idiots like Healey get time on TV....finally, I'll quote him from last year..."the NHLPA will never accept a salary cap"...whatever, idiot.

Originally posted by hankhab

Just watching sportscentre on TSN..Glenn Healey was talking about the Lafs 0-2 start...I quote..."Montreal never makes the playoffs, so playing Toronto is the playoffs for them..."

Helloooo, the Habs beat Boston the last 2 times they met in the first round, so obviously, they do make the playoffs sometimes...also, moron healey, Montreal has every intention of making the playoffs, now that a real hockey guy is in charge, so get used to it. Man, I really hate it when idiots like Healey get time on TV....finally, I'll quote him from last year..."the NHLPA will never accept a salary cap"...whatever, idiot.

This why I have NHL Centre Ice, RDS and listen to CJAD.

All of the Toronto shows have no clue what reality is like and Healy was a below average hockey player as well as commentator. No Talent!

Originally posted by hankhab

He actually said that? Good grief... maybe he's suffering from some sort of selective amnesia... brain damage from too many pucks to the head, or something. :nono::puke::nono:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

Healey was just on now and B.S. 'd how good the Leafs look tonight.  Um, NO!  Ottawa is winning and yes the Leafs look better than Saturday but not much.  Why did I leave the sound up...  :wall::wall::wall:

End of the 3rd and the Senators had to COME BACK to tie the Leafs at 5's. (Domi scored another one... sheesh)

Overtime's just starting. (Anaheim 5 - Yankees 2 Woohoo!)

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by shortcat1]

Is anybody really surprised? Oh, I'd like to point out that Healy's beloved Leafs have won just as many playoff series in the past two years as the Habs have.

I'd say more, but I figure that having to watch a team where Antropov and Ponikarovsky are 1st liners is punishment enough for Cherry, Healy etc.

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I'm actually enjoying watching Healy lately.  It obviously pains him to see the Leafs in such desperate straits - you can see the frustration and stress he's under.  Quite amusing, methinks.

Heals is just unwatchable any more. I forgot I had the volume up and he started his "Leafs are great" rant even though they suck. I am now starting to dispise in order:

1. Quinn - Waaa shootouts I hate them

2. Domi - I am a finese player now, waaa shootouts.

3. Lindros - will only hit the smallest players.

4. Chuck Swarski - Raptors play by play & Leaf homer

The rest of the guys on the team are just trying to win, and saying the right things.

The Raptors mouth is just that a big pretend religous mouth that talks trash and pretends to be a good Christian.

Healey, I refuse to listen to his garbage. #1 Leaf Homer.

Yay Swarski is really losing it. I used to like but he's really getting on my nerves. Some idiot calls him up and said that Jason Allison has the highest point-per-game average over the last 10 years. Of course Chuck doesn't challenge him on that. If you called up and said that about Koivu, he'd crap his pants.

I happen to like Swarski - but you've got to keep him talking sports in general or basketball. Baseball or hockey specific questions and he goes into what he's paid to do - be a homer. He knows his Basketball - and he'll rip the Raptors, cuz he KNOWS the Raptors - he can't rip the other sports teams the same cuz he can only regergitate (sp?) what his colleagues said last hour.

And - to keep my post on topic ....

HEALY IS AN IDIOT!!!!! Pretentious passion - total NHLPAer and Maples Trumpet - I have no use for him whatsoever.

[Edited on 2005/10/11 by revvvrob]

Originally posted by jetsniper

Glenn Healy is a douchebag, plain and simple. The only guy who gets on my nerves more then him is Pierre McGuire. God forbid he has anything decent to say about the Avs.

hehehehehe I have to agree 100% with that statement.

McGuires game monster should be his big shouting mouth which really has nothing but hot air. Does this guy ever say anything about any hockey team that we dont already know? Plus he slags anything he does not understand.

I will not subscribe my mind to listening to trash any longer. Just want to see GOOD HOCKEY. :hlogo:

Actually McGuire said some nice things about the Habs on TSN. He's also for mandatory visors. I'm not really against him. I've neevr seen him say anything I completely disagree with.

I put on my metal helmet, take out my hammer, bang the helmet while shouting "I DON'T HEAR YOU! I'M NOT LISTENING" "I DON'T HEAR YOU! I'M NOT LISTENING".

I find it works REALLY well... only problem is that, in fact, I am beginning to not hear him (or anything else, for that matter) anymore. I've especially lost the upper wavelength receptivity. But that does have its advantages. If my wife asks me to do something, I can (pretty well) honestly say "What? I didn't hear you." :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by shortcat1

I put on my metal helmet, take out my hammer, bang the  helmet while shouting "I DON'T HEAR YOU! I'M NOT LISTENING" "I DON'T HEAR YOU! I'M NOT LISTENING".

I find it works REALLY well... only problem is that, in fact, I am beginning to not hear him (or anything else, for that matter) anymore. I've especially lost the upper wavelength receptivity. But that does have its advantages. If my wife asks me to do something, I can (pretty well) honestly say "What? I didn't hear you." :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

hhahahahha shortcat1 we can always count on you for a great laugh.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Georges Laraque now claims Avery called him the N word in the game last night. Avery, of course, denys it.

Nothings been proven but known how big of a mouth this idiot has it's probably true.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...012_131730_3964

no proof, no action... i guess you only can't be racist in front of a microphone

from tsn.ca

"according to Laraque, [avery] called him "a monkey."

"I knew the league wouldn't be able to do anything because there were no witnesses, but you want to tell them in case it ever happens in the future," Laraque said Thursday. "I'm not deaf.

"I heard it or I wouldn't have (reported it). This is pretty serious stuff, something you don't play around with.""

So I guess it's who you think has more honour. Not a hard decision.

more on this bullsh*t from tsn.ca:

''(He) fabricated the whole thing,'' Avery said in Friday's edition of the Los Angeles Times.

''I have no idea why he would do that,'' he added. ''I heard about it after the game and was surprised.''

this would be funny if it weren't disgusting.

[Edited on 10/14/2005 by simonus]

Avery I understand but Bill Watters for Sportsnet their is no excuse for. He blamed Laraque for coming forward. Not the racist idiot, he blamed the victim.

Keep in mind Watters made a similiar comment about Peter Worrell last year. So you can see what I am getting at.