HABS VS FLYERS IN TORONTO ON AUGUST 14 @ 15:00 ET

illWill

Another game where they've cut away on NBCSN. Ugh. I can't believe they're putting games on NHL Network instead of channels people get like USA and CNBC (like they are doing this weekend, and have long done for the playoffs, only using NHL Network when all three are already showing games). And since they know people don't get NHL, they cut away to those games in the middle of other games.

While trying to get the stream working, I got several minutes of the other game and then mostly a screen saying coverage would resume shortly. So stupid!

And they're back and a goal!

Uh oh. We do NOT need teams feeling they are entitled to plough into Price. Dumb play by Domi.

That said, giving Domi more opportunity is a good idea. He has been an important extra sparkplug tonight.

19 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The drench radio play by play microphone was still on during break and we heard McGuire swear against the American TV producers using the aerial camera

😂

makes it hard to call the game

That aerial camera sucks! I've been watching hockey all my life and used many a poor bandwidth stream on GameCenterLive/NHL.tv and even I struggle to follow the pick on that camera.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Really unnecessary at this point.

Not only does it put Price at risk, but it's also the sort of thing that can galvanize a stunned opponent. Foolish.

These must have been the two most fun periods of Habs hockey since about 2015. Outstanding is right!

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Uh oh. We do NOT need teams feeling they are entitled to plough into Price. Dumb play by Domi.

why do we want Domi to a multi year contract?

he was playing better and takes himself out of the game

and gives Phily a reason to claw back into the game 

Not the greatest period by the Habs but still managed to win it 2-0!

Haven't seen much of Belzile or Evans. Just over 4 minutes for each. Hopefully fewer penalties next period will allow them to roll 4 lines. 

5 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Haven't seen much of Belzile or Evans. Just over 4 minutes for each. Hopefully fewer penalties next period will allow them to roll 4 lines. 

It'd be nice to see them get some more playing time.  Belzile's looking a little better each game and getting Evans some meaningful(ish) minutes would help as well.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

On the feed I'm watching Chris Therien just said:  "its a 4 nothing game so the Flyers need to send a message and start bumping Price.  If it costs them 2 mins so be it."

That could get ugly.

10 minutes ago, Habsfan84 said:

Both were part of the 4-0 goal, which was great to see. But the Flyers have had most of their dangerous scoring chances against the fourth line, so I don't expect that they'll get a lot of ice time in the third.

24 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Keep Armia on the fourth line if it makes it easier for him to score 

Getting weise of the 4th kind make it possible for them to score!

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That is also what you get with Price.  What a save. 

It looked fantastic -- but I think it would have actually gone wide. Maybe! Better to stack the pads in any case ...