should we trade dags???

ck5523

DAGS gets a hatrick tonight and beats up on somebody..........all you guys in this thread will jump on the Pierre rules wagon. It won't last........so you will therefore fall off the wagon again............Odd man out for now.....when injuries hit it will be nice to have him around...........easy guys!!!!!!!!!!

The season is young!!!!

Originally posted by Capt.Crunch

I would not be in favor of trading Dags right now. Remember, you have to sell high and buy low! ;)

His +15 +/- was based on the line's puck possesion skills. Ryder and Ribs better bring their game up before the trends start to appear again.

Goals are the same things with Dags. He is a finisher, not a playmaker. The things than worries me most is that its actually Dags replacement (i.e. Higgins) that did the best in terms of puck possesion on the second line.

Yes we trade Dags, but not untill his two linemates bring back 2003-2004's chemistry. I believe it should happen after about 10 games into the season.

With Ryder and Ribeiro bringing back the puck possesion aspect (Ryder in the corner and Ribs decking and passing), Dags is going to start scoring.

Now you wait 10 more games for him to "do his thing" and start having a bit more credit.  

After 20 games or so you trade Dags. Not for another player but for a Draft pick. I believe our young guns can take the slack and that we have to think about replenishing our pipeline.

Of course, one might wonder why we should trade Dags once he starts scoring...

We just have to remember his many weaknesses long enough for his stock to rise a bit.

Actually I suggested the same thing earlier when people were suggesting trading Dags (you stealing my ideas??? just kidding ;) ) His value is not much now but if he can get some games, score some power play goals, his value will go up. Before the season started, talks of trading Dags made me kind of mad because why trade a guy that was on pace for 30 goals last season? I have been a bit let down by him so far this season because he has looked awful out there. His lack of speed is really showing so keeping him long term does not sound like a good option. He would be taking a space from one of Higgins, Plekanic or Perezhogin and that is not acceptable in my opinion.

Originally posted by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

I remeber when we all liked Dags............Hmmmmmmm those were the days

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nh...7208_recap.html

heh, I was at Dag's first 2 goal game (vs. Calgary). The Bell Centre seemed to love him then...

but the universal question is always 'what have you done for me lately?'

DAGS gets a hatrick tonight and beats up on somebody..........all you guys in this thread will jump on the Pierre rules wagon. It won't last........so you will therefore fall off the wagon again............Odd man out for now.....when injuries hit it will be nice to have him around...........easy guys!!!!!!!!!!

The season is young!!!!

HUH? Are you my brother you don't even know me to make a lame comment like that.

I have watched the HABS since 1970 so I have not fallen off any bandwagon that I can recall. You are a Dags fan, cool, I also say keep him unless something good comes along.

Hockey is going to get strange now that Hard Cap is in place. When all these guys want more money next year there will be movement league wide.

Originally posted by simonus

I remeber when we all liked Dags............Hmmmmmmm those were the days

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nh...7208_recap.html

heh, I was at Dag's first 2 goal game (vs. Calgary). The Bell Centre seemed to love him then...

but the universal question is always 'what have you done for me lately?'

I saw him score two goals at the last regular season home game in 2004. Even with that, when he was named one of the game's stars, the crowd's reaction was, at best, ambivalent. There were even some boos. It's sad, really. It's like he's become the newest black sheep. It's not fair, really.

He should be appreciated for what he can do while he's with the team. I still believe he's a 'poor man's Brett Hull' and that's nothing to spit at.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Seems the Montreal crowd likes to have a whipping boy at all times.  Look what happened to Brisebois.

The Montreal media are not a heck of a lot better too. Gotta have a 'whipping boy' to help to create articles so as to better sell papers and adds on the radio & TV. :puke::puke:

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by Mark Napier

Seems the Montreal crowd likes to have a whipping boy at all times.  Look what happened to Brisebois.

The Montreal media are not a heck of a lot better too. Gotta have a 'whipping boy' to help to create articles so as to better sell papers and adds on the radio & TV. :puke::puke:

Well, so far this season there really hasn't been a proper whipping boy.

I exclude Dags from the classification, because his problems and errors have not been exagerated or invented - they are obvious and are obviously recognized by the organization.

i for one happen to like this guy and hope he has a nice long career here...i also happen to think we should keep the second line intact for 20 games and make a decision then...patience is a virtue, especially when you are winning anyway. although i do admit that we now have a "nice problem" in that once zednik is ready we do have 13 forwards and only 12 spots and i really don't wanna see perezhogin sitting either, or anyone else for that matter. in my own humble opinion, i actually think bonk has been our weakest forward performance wise so far...looks really slow to me and magnified by all the new speedy guys we have flying around out there. anyway, that's how i feel but there will probably be enough nicks and bruises that we can keep all 13 forwards playing a role. i also don't think we should have a tough guy just for the sake of having one. john kordic or chris nilan, sure because nilan was also a decent player and kordic was so intimidating but ivanans doesn't seem to have that fierce mentality at all...he got hurt because he was so tentative...kodic woulda killed chara or died trying but he wouldnt have just waited for him to start throwing. okay i am rambling i am tired and sorry but started off by just wanting to stick up for dags who i believe will score an awful lot of goals in this league and i prefer they were for us. now i go get some sleep...goodnight all.

Originally posted by bookworm

i for one happen to like this guy and hope he has a nice long career here...i also happen to think we should keep the second line intact for 20 games and make a decision then...patience is a virtue, especially when you are winning anyway.  although i do admit that we now have a "nice problem" in that once zednik is ready we do have 13 forwards and only 12 spots and i really don't wanna see perezhogin sitting either, or anyone else for that matter.  in my own humble opinion, i actually think bonk has been our weakest forward performance wise so far...looks really slow to me and magnified by all the new speedy guys we have flying around out there.  anyway, that's how i feel but there will probably be enough nicks and bruises that we can keep all 13 forwards playing a role.  i also don't think we should have a tough guy just for the sake of having one.  john kordic or chris nilan, sure because nilan was also a decent player and kordic was so intimidating but ivanans doesn't seem to have that fierce mentality at all...he got hurt because he was so tentative...kodic woulda killed chara or died trying but he wouldnt have just waited for him to start throwing.  okay i am rambling i am tired and sorry but started off by just wanting to stick up for dags who i believe will score an awful lot of goals in this league and i prefer they were for us.  now i go get some sleep...goodnight all.

Nothing wrong with sticking up for Dags. He just has to find his place and play smarter. If Montreal is to progress forward to become a better team everyone has to play smart. Dags is in another dimension, don't know which one but definitely not in ours. Cannot take stupid penalties when he is not playing well.

Ribs, Dags and Bonk are all not the speediest guys. I would not dress Dags over Bonk. The only upside with him is he can score. Now he has to show he wants to play on the team and willing to play smart. Otherwise, back to the Bulldogs or trade him for someone who wants to play on the team.

Montreal can no longer afford to have guys just hanging around. The team is getting much better and the speed at which they can play is exciting. If a player cannot function on the top 2 lines then he does not deserve to be there. I say we give Dags a chance but not 20 games on the #2 line. Yikes!

Originally posted by ~moeman

Trade him to VAN for Balej.

That's just irony or sarcasm.

Do you really think that Balej would be wanted back in Montreal? Where would he go aside from Hamilton?

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

if a trade occures, I sure hope bob gets us more grit to play along bégin. how about avery in LA?? he would a good pick for dags. futhermore, that avery guy seems like a good lad.

seriously now. I think something will happen since perezhogin will stay on the 1st with kovy and koivu, zednik going on the second line with ribs and ryder.

I'd like to see a defence come along and help us. I always like gauthier in phoenix, I don't what the price would be but I'd sur love in a red white and bleu jersey

You were joking about Avery right? Hopefully..(too many "French guys").. Laperriere would be a much better fit but there's no way we could land him with Dagenais, let alone anyone half-decent. If we're talking about LA, I'm thinking a Ribeiro package for Mattias Norstrom.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

I'd like to see a defence come along and help us. I always like gauthier in phoenix, I don't what the price would be but I'd sur love in a red white and bleu jersey

I definitely like gauthier. I guess Phoenix is looking to try some new guys, especially with the loss of Hull (I'm speaking about losing his predicted production, not his actual body).

I can't figure out a solid trade to make though. Dags aint bringing him over, I mean who would you send Rivet? too much salary to ship. Boullion or Streit? Like both their play and their salaries. Gauthier isn't a top line sorta guy, bringing him and getting rid of our 6 or 7 is like shifting deck chairs.

Originally posted by casseau

I have a bag of pucks and a used mouthguard to trade for Dags.

Maybe try eBay???

Comments like these only have worth as put-downs or laughs at the benefit of someone else's difficulties.

Even Dagenais, with his seemingly limited skills, isn't 'worthy' of such demeaning words.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/17 by shortcat1]