HABS @ ATL | Oct 12 7pm - Danis in the net

bebehabs

Originally posted by Toren
Originally posted by shortcat1

5 on 3 over - keep it up for Danis... a nice shut-out

You did not just say that.

i don't believe in luck - good or bad or jinxes, or any such things.

if atlanta scores, it's as a consequence of actions and reactions that work out that way.

Yeah, well, I do to some extent. I have a very specific set of hockey superstitions. I used to tape a lucky penny on to the knob of my stick. I was tearing up the league in preaseason and for the first 1/4 of the regular season. Then I must've lost it fighting for a puck in the corner, and I never scored in the regular season again. I switched sticks in the playoffs and went almost 2 points per game.

Superstition, wether valid or not, has mental effects. And while us talking about a game in another country doesn't make a difference, I still have those habits in me. I write lucky numbers on my sticks a la Yanic Perrault, and I always do the same breakaway move at the end of the warmup. If I think I'll play better because of superstition, chances are I might do it just because I'm thinking it.

interesting... who do you play for?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to tape a lucky penny on to the knob of my stick. I was tearing up the league in preaseason and for the first 1/4 of the regular season. Then I must've lost it fighting for a puck in the corner.

If someone then caught that errant penny with a blade it wouldn't have been very lucky for them...

;)

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz
Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

why do you get different three stars selections depending on whom you listen to -- I thought the three stars was an "official" thing?

I got caught on this last week. RDS 3 stars and CBC's 3 stars were different.

You're right. I guess it depends on who's doing the commentary or something.

I wonder, even farther, if the 3 stars given at the arebna where the game's played are different again?

[Edited on 2005/10/13 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Lister100

You got different stars than Danis, Bulis and Bouillon?

in-house Atlanta announcer had

1 Dannis

2 some thrasher

3 Koivu

Originally posted by simonus

although now that I look at it, the NHL.com scoresheet does show the three stars.... it is difficult to disallow someone to name their three stars though, very subjective.

Hahahahaha this is starting to sound like that east coast game in pre season that we did not know who actually won for Hours and Hours and zzzzzzzzzz I fell asleep.

the concept of 3 stars originated with Esso.  Their logo was (is?) three stars.  On Canadiens broadcast they sponsored the announcement of three stars.  I dont think it has ever been official.

I don't know about that because there is a most stars trophy for monteal canadiens players though I forget what it's called

the concept of 3 stars originated with Esso.  Their logo was (is?) three stars.  On Canadiens broadcast they sponsored the announcement of three stars.  I dont think it has ever been official.

I don't know about that because there is a most stars trophy for monteal canadiens players though I forget what it's called

Oh, I think it's called the Molson Trophy. It's for most 'star' related points.

[Edited on 2005/10/13 by shortcat1]

The three stars on March 23, 1944

1 Maurice Richard

2 Maurice Richard

3 Maurice Richard

Richard scored all five goals that night as the Habs beat the Leaf 5-1!

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/...s/00016409.html

Originally posted by lazy26

Molson cup, isn't it?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Originally posted by lazy26

Molson cup, isn't it?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're right.

yeah, but it's an internal club award, not an NHL award. It's based on the rink announcement.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by bebehabs
Originally posted by Habs71

anyone know what dunham went out with

anyone wanna translate? > élongation à l'aine

hehe

Pulled groin? I know it's pulled something.

you're right... it's a groin injury