GAME 5: Habs at Flyers, 8 PM on 19 August

tomh009

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

See you there .

Will KK get an automatic game suspension?

No automatic suspension. 

It will likely be reviewed though.  I think a suspension would be real harsh given that he got a Game misconduct already. 

• Upvote 1

Boy, that Weber is a beast.

Random note: Evans is such an upgrade on Weise, it's not even funny.

Great to see Gally back, even if he was spitting chicklets. Where ya been, buddy?!

Awesome win. All things are still possible...however improbable

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Weber just manhandled Hayes. 

I laughed out loud when I saw it hahah

Character win for the Habs. The push back to go up 4-3 was amazing to see! Also great to see Gallagher have that game. He’s gonna have some swagger moving forward 

Armia had a great game.  I've been impressed by him since KK's draft day.  When I originally heard they drafted KK I thought they were insane, but then I heard they picked up Armia.  I wast sure who he was but when I looked into him I instantly felt a lot better about KK.  

The Finnish connection, plus Armia's stats with the Jets were really impressive when you consider his time on ice was just over 8 mins/game and he got 13 goals.  I had a feeling if his minutes were increased so would his production.  If Armia gets 20+ mins/game I could almost see him getting 30g/yr, high 20's anyway.

36 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Yep. That goal was all Drouin.

He owed the Habs one after taking Suzuki's second period goal off the board.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Come on Big Friday Win coming up!:hyper:

7 PM EST start time for that one.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

One question for Friday: Hudon or Belzile?

For me, it's Belzile and it's not even close.  Hudon was completely invisible and struggled defensively.  While Belzile misses the net a lot, at least the puck is in the Philly end when he's on the ice (and he's at least decent defensively).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

One question for Friday: Hudon or Belzile?

Are you kidding me?  Hudon fails to produce anything EVERY TIME he gets a chance...it's ridiculous that he was brought up for this game.  He shouldn't see another minute of NHL icetime.

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He owed the Habs one after taking Suzuki's second period goal off the board.

7 PM EST start time for that one.

For me, it's Belzile and it's not even close.  Hudon was completely invisible and struggled defensively.  While Belzile misses the net a lot, at least the puck is in the Philly end when he's on the ice (and he's at least decent defensively).

Dare I say its Poehlings turn? LOL

16 minutes ago, illWill said:

What a read and then dish by Drouin to find Suzuki for the game winner. So satisfying to see a goal there rather than hitting a post or missing wide 

JD’s pass was on point but THE PATIENCE by the Big Nick. Very un-rookie.

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy, that Weber is a beast.

Random note: Evans is such an upgrade on Weise, it's not even funny.

Great to see Gally back, even if he was spitting chicklets. Where ya been, buddy?!

Awesome win. All things are still possible...however improbable

needed him and armia to score - both did tonight. great to see Suzuki score as well.  

Weird series.  score 5 goals twice and get shutout twice.

33 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

KK better come out with a  chip on his shoulder friday

Let's just hope he's playing.  NHL referring and player discipline is done by throwing darts at a board.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Let's just hope he's playing.  NHL referring and player discipline is done by throwing darts at a board.

Watch the niskonen cross check to Gallagher mouth. It was brutal. That was far more intentional than kk. Hopefully there is no suspension 

25 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Watch the niskonen cross check to Gallagher mouth. It was brutal. That was far more intentional than kk. Hopefully there is no suspension 

No way should there be a suspension for KK,  had a ballgame tonight so missed the game, let's get it to game 7.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

No automatic suspension. 

It will likely be reviewed though.  I think a suspension would be real harsh given that he got a Game misconduct already. 

I was just watching that hit again, and there is no way it should be a suspension, it likely shouldnt even have been a game misconduct either.   It probably should have been a 2 min penalty  - but he did leave the ice right before impact, by like a 1/2 inch.     

It was 90% Sanheim's own fault for turning into the boards knowing he was about to be hit.  KK comes from a distance but he basically glides into him.  It's not like he's taking strides and gaining momentum at the last moment to cream him.   KK would have destroyed him if he had taken strides right before the hit. 

• Upvote 1

This was a team win in a really bizarre game.

I have watched that Kman hit over and over and the call was garbage. He pivotted on his skates, he did not jump and it was a clean hit. I hope this doesn't make Kman hesitate or pull back from the physical play.

I thought Hudon played well and I agree with Commandant that Evans is a massive upgrade over Weise.

Happy for Galagher that he finally scored! The poor guy left his heart on that ice last night.

Chris Lee and piss off into the sun - what garbage reffing

I also question why they would put Hart back in net after the offside goal - Vigneault made a mistake is is human afterall.

Good job Drouin, keep playing that hard and you will be a star

This team is a tight group and I can't wait for Friday

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No way should there be a suspension for KK

Why not?

He hit him in the numbers, took a long run at him, jumped at him, had time and could of easily let up or not even made the hit, head injury...what real argument is there for not deserving a suspension?  

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Why not?

He hit him in the numbers, took a long run at him, jumped at him, had time and could of easily let up or not even made the hit, head injury...what real argument is there for not deserving a suspension?  

Possibly that there’s no prior history & the fact he already served a game, in essence

It also wasn’t premeditated in any way. One can say he hit him in the numbers but Sanheim turned at the very last second. 

No suspension deserved.